Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 4 *Spoilers*

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Anyone else lol when they see the baby. Literally a mini Brody .

I thought season 4 was really good overall especially the embassy raid .

Season 4 was good - except for the last episode I thought - I understand that they have to set stuff up for the next season but still pretty much nothing happened in it.

looking fwd to season 5 - maybe leave out the shagging with fat chicks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

It actually left it plausible as a full stop to the series. I know its renewed but they are flogging a dead horse. Should walk away now with a good final season and not drag it on into eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

There's been a response to the criticism:http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/22/showtime-homeland-finale/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

lukin wrote: »
    Khan probably met him before, the writers thought they didn't need to show that I suppose.

'cause she's nuts.

Maybe you didn't see the final episode but this was explained in that.

Yeah I saw the finale but was a bit confused: Dar promised to take Haqqani off the kill list in return for not uploading the video of him and Saul so that Saul can get back into the CIA. Have I got this right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

Ageyev wrote: »
    Yeah I saw the finale but was a bit confused: Dar promised to take Haqqani off the kill list in return for not uploading the video of him and Saul so that Saul can get back into the CIA. Have I got this right?

Another condition was that he agreed not to harbour terrorists. Although I am not sure how the CIA would make sure he is not doing that.

What was the video of? I didn't really get that.

Absolutely ****e episode in general. I felt like I was watching a soap. Carrie's estranged mother and half brother showing up? I don't watch Eastenders anymore for good reason

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Video was probably standard "Death to America for Crimes committed against the prophet" YouTube fodder. In Saul's case maybe naming names and being specific about individuals he'd wiped out. Understandable under duress but not good on the CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

I think the video was Haqaani saying this man is responsible for the release of the prisoners, not his exact words but that was the jist of it.
    Strange episode alright back to normal (though not really - is anything ever normal with that kind of job?).
    I thought it went full circle back to how the whole programme started, Saul head of CIA and Dar Dal pulling the strings in some way, though we never quite know what he's up to. I don't think Carrie does either, Saul maybe.
    Think Carrie feels played, as does Lockhart.
    Interesting stuff about the Mom not sure why we had to get all that info really but might go some way to explaining why Carrie falls so madly for her various lovers then they go/she goes/they die. Everything is extreme with her partly due to her illness also due to her background.
    Funny way to end the season, though I suspect this is the reality, life goes on the game changes etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Anyone else just waiting for something bad to happen during the episode ? I thought at several moments that something was going to happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Anyone else just waiting for something bad to happen during the episode ? I thought at several moments that something was going to happen.
    Yeah I felt the same. I thought after Quinn can Cary were smooching Quinn's car was going to blow up. And I thought when Cary got back from visiting her Mother, her sister and kid would be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

How on earth did Carrie get into the CIA in the first place? She told her mother that her health issues started when she was in college so surely her medical records and an actual medical exam who have precluded her from joining? :rolleyes:

I know, I know, it's tv land......

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Lol I thought exact same on both counts, was sure that Quinn was a goner at that stage car blow up or we would hear the explosion as Carrie walking back to house.
    Or that she would return from the mother visit to find sister and baby bludgeoned to death (did that happen in earlier episode someone killed someone with wine bottle, CIA had to clean up .. Was that Homeland or a different series?).
    Have to wait now till Aug 15 for next homeland fix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Aimeee wrote: »
    Lol I thought exact same on both counts, was sure that Quinn was a goner at that stage car blow up or we would hear the explosion as Carrie walking back to house.
    Or that she would return from the mother visit to find sister and baby bludgeoned to death (did that happen in earlier episode someone killed someone with wine bottle, CIA had to clean up .. Was that Homeland or a different series?).
    Have to wait now till Aug 15 for next homeland fix!

Yeah that was the third series when Javadi is in the US and he murders his ex-wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

question about season 4
    Spoiler:
    i though SAul was killed in the last season

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

I was watching season 4 on RTE player, until it suddenly disappeared 2 days ago. No longer available. Anyone know what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Why does a senior member of Pakistan's ISI sound like David Beckham? They should have asked Jaffrey to make his accent sound a little more authentic - I'm sure he could manage that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Why does a senior member of Pakistan's ISI sound like David Beckham? They should have asked Jaffrey to make his accent sound a little more authentic - I'm sure he could manage that.

Were you being held hostage by Haqqani for the last five years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

MOH wrote: »
    Were you being held hostage by Haqqani for the last five years?

Didn't even try to escape. I enjoyed the sex scenes with his missus too much. As a result I'm just bingeing the whole thing on Netflix for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Didn't even try to escape. I enjoyed the sex scenes with his missus too much. As a result I'm just bingeing the whole thing on Netflix for the first time.

Apologies. It was just weird to see this pop up in my "Followed threads" list five year later. Good answer!

Advertisement