Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 4 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

riffs off the real world in heightened way quite well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

Gosub wrote: »
    The embassy invasion should be interesting.

Lockhart is definitley a target.The ambassador also I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Cracker of an episode. Tension from start to finish. Loved the double cross from the Ambassador on her husband in pretending to free him from Carrie's interrogation.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Sooooo good this season! Brody who?!

The part with
    the kid wearing the vest
    nearly finished me off.

Looks like the next ep will be crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 frankxxxx

How's this going to play out

Will the jihadis be live broadcasting from the embassy once the siege begins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Amazing stuff !!!

What an ending, and yeah it's taking a week off for Thanksgiving :mad::mad:

Next ep is December 7th ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, this season keeps getting better and better.

Homeland tends to kick up a gear in the 2nd half of it's seasons ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Great episode but you really need to suspend belief on an unimaginable scale.

For example:

Why didn't one of the special ops guys not get a headshot on the guy with the detonator?
    Why didn't they go back to the embassy in a chopper rather than through the streets of a hostile city in a recognizable caravan of CIA 4x4s?
    How is it possible that the US embassy again in a hostile city is so under-guarded? The lads just nipping in the back door...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Sharp shoot his hand off? :D

Sharp shoot his hand off? :D

Still wouldn't solve it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Would have kicked off an almighty shoot out I imagine.

Also, bit of trivia. The guy that plays Lockhart, Tracy Letts, is a big playright in the the States and he wrote the bonkers 'Killer Joe' and 'August:Osage County'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_Letts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Great episode but you really need to suspend belief on an unimaginable scale.

For example:

Why didn't one of the special ops guys not get a headshot on the guy with the detonator?

Because that would have ended the exchange. The priority was to get saul back
    Why didn't they go back to the embassy in a chopper rather than through the streets of a hostile city in a recognizable caravan of CIA 4x4s?

They've been driving through the streets without any problems up until now. This attack was unprecedented.
    How is it possible that the US embassy again in a hostile city is so under-guarded? The lads just nipping in the back door...

well its not underguarded. Lockhart sent the marines out to the site of the attack. There will still be security in the embassy jsut not as much as normal. Besides, only a handful of people knew about the tunnel. The taliban only know because the female ISI agent told them. She only knew cos the ambassadors husband told her. Hopefully they will figure this out and realise who the problem is on the pakistani side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Beano wrote: »

Besides, only a handful of people knew about the tunnel. The taliban only know because the female ISI agent told them. She only knew cos the ambassadors husband told her. Hopefully they will figure this out and realise who the problem is on the pakistani side.
    The ambassador knows, her husband told her. Now, if she can only survive the attack.

Because that would have ended the exchange. The priority was to get saul back

Special Ops take out the two Taliban CIA gets Saul and Taliban prisoners. Simples.

well its not underguarded. Lockhart sent the marines out to the site of the attack. There will still be security in the embassy jsut not as much as normal. Besides, only a handful of people knew about the tunnel. The taliban only know because the female ISI agent told them. She only knew cos the ambassadors husband told her. Hopefully they will figure this out and realise who the problem is on the pakistani side.

So there's a tunnel out the back that anyone can get through with a wire-cutter? :rolleyes:

Special Ops take out the two Taliban CIA gets Saul and Taliban prisoners. Simples.

and the pakistanis would stand there and let them? Whose side do you think the ISI is on?

So there's a tunnel out the back that anyone can get through with a wire-cutter? :rolleyes:

spare me the rolleyes. its childish. Thats part of the plot. I didnt put it there personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

If somebody who watches Homeland has problems with it's implausibility then I strongly advise them not to ever watch 24!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

lukin wrote: »
    If somebody who watches Homeland has problems with it's implausibility then I strongly advise them not to ever watch 24!

Exactly. Sure people could pick holes in almost all tv series/movies etc. Why bother? They are not documentaries. Why not enjoy them for what they are... entertainment shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

lukin wrote: »
    Or Top Gear. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Regarding realism, Homeland is an entertaining cartoon about a mad lady who is sometimes saner than the "responsible" people around her.
    As for whose side the Pakistanis are on ? If anyone has a genuine answer to that, please contact the White House and/or the Kremlin and tell them. The answer is going wasted on a thread dedicated to a TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bgrove

They send a few lads in a mini bus for 3 hrs after making him walk 20 miles into the middle of town. He should have told them f off I'll be sitting here, send about 3 f####n helicopter gunships.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

bgrove wrote: »
    They send a few lads in a mini bus for 3 hrs after making him walk 20 miles into the middle of town. He should have told them f off I'll be sitting here, send about 3 f####n helicopter gunships.

:)....bang on. "I'll be sitting here with my little bomb-vest buddy smoking some Afghan herbal.....and bring women, lots of women".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

If we're talking about plot holes, the only slight thing that niggles me is why Tasneem is aiding the taliban.

As a woman in a powerful position, surely helping Haqqani seize power would mean she would be out of that job quick smart as soon as they took charge. Look at how they treat women in Afghanistan, for example. How is it in her best interests to help them, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I missed most of last nights episode on RTE, only caught the end bit with Saul, can anyone tell me what happened, in a PM if there's too much spoilers as I can't wait till Sunday when it's on Channel 4!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Ok I'm confused here - you guys are all clearly an episode ahead of RTE2 - are you watching this on a US channel or something? Is there a thread on the RTE viewings?

• Advertisement

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    I missed most of last nights episode on RTE, only caught the end bit with Saul, can anyone tell me what happened, in a PM if there's too much spoilers as I can't wait till Sunday when it's on Channel 4!!

Deleted spoiler as i noticed you mentioned RTE. The spoiler related to events in the episode shown in the US on sunday which is an episode ahead of RTE.

Advertisement