Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 4 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

I agree that it was daft that Haqqani didn't kill Lockhart. Even though Quinn and the other guy opened fire straight after Farah was killed, Haqqani still had enough time to kill Lockhart. Also Lockhart survived the crossfire unscathed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

That was good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

It's all going round in circles now with Quinn refusing to ignite the bomb to save Carrie, and Quinn's boss showing up in league with Haqquani. Wtf is Dar Adal doing there?? The plot thickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Dar Adal!! WTF??!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Dun dun dunnnnn!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

Brilliant episode, any time there's a bit of Quinn it's great, easily one of my favourite episodes! Really shocked at the end, cannot wait to see what the hell is going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Is Dar Adal there to help him defect to the West?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

can someone pm me with a link where to watch this? ITs not up on my usual site and I wont have time to watch before friday if not tonight...

Quinn must have really lost the plot;to be prepared to detonate a bomb that would kill Pakistani soldiers (and probably some civilians as well) just so he could get Haqqani.
    As for Dar Adal; maybe he is a mole pretending to be Haqqani's ally so the CIA can nab him?Seems pretty far-fetched I know but anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

So what did Quinn gain by kidnapping pony-tail-thug? Just his mobile phone? I thought we'd see some interrogation.

Dar Adal says to Saul in the bit before the opening credits "that it's a sentimental idea that our people come before the mission". This must be a clue as to what Dar Adal is doing. Maybe he's in league with Haqqani for some mission that is more important to him than a few dead Americans in the embassy.

Pakistani-Army-dude seems to know what it is, which is strange. Normally he's out of the loop. Maybe Pakistani-Audrey-Tatou filled him in on the plan and she's not the evil witch we've been led to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

lukin wrote: »
    As for Dar Adal; maybe he is a mole pretending to be Haqqani's ally so the CIA can nab him?Seems pretty far-fetched I know but anything is possible.

Or maybe not the CIA bearing in mind that Lockhart is out of some DC loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

hmm interesting. Curious to see how the season winds up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

what are the chances of Dar adal replacing Lockhart in the CIA?? the fact that Lockhard mentionned today that they are shopping to replace him and then all of sudden we see Dar adal is a sign for me......or not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Who is Dar Adal that
    is in the car with Haqqani at the end?

I can't remember anything about his character!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

dashdoll wrote: »
    Who is Dar Adal that
    is in the car with Haqqani at the end?

I can't remember anything about his character!

he is CIA. he is quinns old boss

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Dar Adal is a CIA black operations director

I laughed when I saw that CIA dude in the back of the car. I do like Homeland, but sometimes its completely retarded.

The only way it would make sense is if he wanted to be seen beside him. He wanted the CIA to see him. If he is literally in league with the enemy, Homeland, you have disappointed me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It was all fairly ridiculous tbh. Unless I'm mistaken a mass protest was organised within a few hours based on a single youtube video, and everybody happened to sort out nice full colour picket photos while they were at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Quinn must have really lost the plot;to be prepared to detonate a bomb that would kill Pakistani soldiers (and probably some civilians as well) just so he could get Haqqani.

Well to be fair they did bomb a wedding to try and get at him.

Was always a bit suspicious of Dar Adal but seems a bit too obvious for him to be sitting right there if he's a mole.

The most ridiculous thing was they were hunting Quinn but yet couldn't spot him amongst a couple of hundred protesters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

yerman did say the whitehouse was plotting something, it could simply be getting him to negotiation table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

CIA trying to back all sides and hope they come out the winner. Shocking that. Could only happen in fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

qwabercd wrote: »
    Well to be fair they did bomb a wedding to try and get at him.

Was always a bit suspicious of Dar Adal but seems a bit too obvious for him to be sitting right there if he's a mole.

The most ridiculous thing was they were hunting Quinn but yet couldn't spot him amongst a couple of hundred protesters.

Yeah, himself and Carrie the only white people in the area, not the hardest to spot I imagine. Seems a baseball cap is a cloak of invisibility!

yerman did say the whitehouse was plotting something, it could simply be getting him to negotiation table

Yes that seems a more likely outcome to the end of the series. The CIA (in the form of Dar Adal) realise they will never defeat the likes of Haqqani with drone strikes and targeted assassinations. Instead they are going to try to reason with him and ask him what he wants from the US in exchange for a ceasefire. Haqqani holds all the aces anyway as he has the NOC list.
    Negotiating with Haqqani will enrage Quinn and Carrie as they want him dead in revenge for him killing Farah. But unfortunately that's not the way the world works. The US negotiates with terrorists all the time despite having an official policy of non-negotiation.
    The season will end in a kind of unsatisfying way as all the viewers want a nice bow-tie ending with Haqqani being taken out and Quinn and Carrie (the "good guys") riding off into the sunset. But there are no good guys and bad guys in this terrorist war. As a previous poster pointed out, the CIA was prepared to wipe out a wedding party to get Haqqani and Quinn was also prepared to sacrifice innocent lives to get him. That's what I like about Homeland and what makes it such a good show I think. The United States is never painted as whiter than white in it.

Yes that seems a more likely outcome to the end of the series. The CIA (in the form of Dar Adal) realise they will never defeat the likes of Haqqani with drone strikes and targeted assassinations. Instead they are going to try to reason with him and ask him what he wants from the US in exchange for a ceasefire. Haqqani holds all the aces anyway as he has the NOC list.
    Negotiating with Haqqani will enrage Quinn and Carrie as they want him dead in revenge for him killing Farah. But unfortunately that's not the way the world works. The US negotiates with terrorists all the time despite having an official policy of non-negotiation.
    The season will end in a kind of unsatisfying way as all the viewers want a nice bow-tie ending with Haqqani being taken out and Quinn and Carrie (the "good guys") riding off into the sunset. But there are no good guys and bad guys in this terrorist war. As a previous poster pointed out, the CIA was prepared to wipe out a wedding party to get Haqqani and Quinn was also prepared to sacrifice innocent lives to get him. That's what I like about Homeland and what makes it such a good show I think. The United States is never painted as whiter than white in it.

Actually I think Haqqani has still been portrayed as far too evil. I was hoping he'd be more human

Actually I think Haqqani has still been portrayed as far too evil. I was hoping he'd be more human

In my last post instead of saying "there are no good guys and bad guys in this terrorist war" I should have said " there are no good guys in this terrorist war". They are all bad guys really. I think that's the point the writers are trying to make (surreptitiously anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It was a gripping few episodes but the moment he attacked the embassy using the hidden tunnel of secret invisibility, all semblance of realism waved goodbye. It felt more like '24' with a move like that.

Entertaining, but a far departure from the season 1 stuff. It's still a good show but I feel it has gotten too far away from what made the show stand out.....it was based in the real world. This lad is more of a cartoon character.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

If only Quinn had waited a few seconds he would have had the perfect shot when Haqqani pops out of the top of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Anyone else reminded of the penultimate episode of Season 4 of Breaking Bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote: »
    If only Quinn had waited a few seconds he would have had the perfect shot when Haqqani pops out of the top of the car

Yes but he didn't have a rifle.He would have probably taken out someone else in the crossfire anyway (although that probably wouldn't have bothered him).

Advertisement