Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 4 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 04-04-2014 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/04/homeland-south-africa-summer/

Homeland is moving its production to Cape Town in South Africa starting this summer.
    “We knew going into season four that we would need to move the production overseas to tell the story of Carrie returning to the Middle East as chief of station,” showrunner Alex Gansa said in a statement. “We are thrilled to have found a new home in Cape Town and look forward to getting season four production off the ground.”
    Filming will begin in June and continue into November. The fourth season will premiere sometime this fall.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

WHY!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We want Saul! We want Saul! We want Saul!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

So more of bat Shoite crazy Carrie as a central character doing her own thing!!

PASS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

well carrie is gonna be a station chief, so its gonna be interesting to see how they get her back out in field, season 3 i thought while slow was a very good spy series season, seeing the pieces of the chess board being moved into place and all that, and now with brody finally out of the way the writers can simply move on,

i wonder if they'll write James Rebhorn death into the show, didn't he say hell take carries kid cause she didn't want to keep it,

Homeland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Laila Robins will be a series regular, playing Martha Boyd, the type A United States ambassador to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Corey Stoll will guest star as Sandy Bachman, the CIA chief of station in Pakistan and a rising star in the agency’s firmament Source

some comparisons being made of the returning soldier and homeland

some comparisons being made of the returning soldier and homeland
    wonder if he'll run for election :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vepyewwo

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s188/homeland/news/a585152/homeland-new-season-4-trailer-watch-claire-danes-fight-to-expose-the-truth.html#~oKpjsae5q52HJP

"The show's executive producer Alex Gansa recently described season four as a reboot following the departure of Damian Lewis."

This show is going to have to improve dramatically within the first couple of episodes or I'm giving up on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I think the show has passed its sell-by-date. I watched it for Damien Lewis and now that he's gone this really does look like a poor man's '24'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I'm looking forward to the next season. I thought that Brody was great (surprised he didn't get nominated for an Emmy, although he probably hadn't enough screen time this season) I LOVE Quinn so hope to see more of him this year...yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vepyewwo

I thought Brody was a great character in the first season but I hated him in the second and third. Letting him survive after season 1 is the main reason the show went down hill so fast and putting him and Carrie into a romantic relationship was a big mistake. I too like Quinn and I hope they use him a lot more this year and develop his character a bit more.

My main hope is that Carrie is relatively stable this season and we get to see her be good at her job again. We've seen enough of Claire Danes crying.

I don't hold out much hope for this season but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I don't think it will work without Brody... Will be interesting to see how they play this series out. As another poster said the first few eps will have to be exceptional to get me hooked again

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I thought the second half of series 3 salvaged the show somewhat and I will certainly give this a chance after almost giving up on it, but whenever I see anything to do with Homeland I think "imagine how highly rated and talked about this show would be if it had ended with Brody
    blowing it all up
    at the end of series 1."

It could have gone down as one of the best ever IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

In my view the best character at the moment is Peter...god I would love if the show just followed him on his badassery tales of justice.

Carrie is getting a bit annoying at times and it might help the show get a clean slate if the focused on a new main character and story. Just my opinion though and I'm sure loads will disagree ha

i dunno why anyone would compare this to 24, its nowhere near action packed, its a drama series about a spy, i honestly do think they planned to off brody at the end of season 1, but hesitated at the last second, which as i said at the time i dont blame them, lewis is a great actor and id want to keep him around too if i was in charge, but it ended up hindering the show more than anything,

season 3 was much improved on season 2, it was interesting watching saul and carrie influencing things, and manipulating people, making it feel more like the spy show it originally meant to be, they should follow covert affiars example and keep it 100% professional, forget family drama, office and international politics is a much better setting for shows like this,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

How this show hasnt been cancelled yet is a pure and absolute mystery to me.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    How this show hasnt been cancelled yet is a pure and absolute mystery to me.
    cause about 2 million people watched season 3, which was up 40% from the first season,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

I'm going to give it a chance. The first season was good but should have ended with Brody setting off the vest. Game of Thrones have never flinched from killing off key even main characters and is all the stronger for it. Homeland had a hugely popular award winning character and just couldn't bring themselves to finish him off. After that they were left with a set of characters that could have formed the core of a good spy series but had to deal with Brody and over two seasons it became more and more stupid. If this new season is really a reboot perhaps we will see a return to the good, gritty drama that should have been season 2. However I fear the Carrie character is now so fundamentally flawed and weak that the idea that she would be appointed section chief anywhere let alone the middle east will undermine the show. A series with Saul as section chief would be better but perhaps she will be pumped up with meds to keep her focused and he will be the puppet master from afar.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Last time we saw Carrie, she was eight months pregnant, and the idea was that she would take over as Station Chief in Turkey after maternity leave. I wonder what will happen to Carrie's baby? We know s/he won't be left behind with her father.

A CIA Station Chief isn't supposed to be visible at all, and usually has a separate diplomatic cover. A few years ago, the Station Chief in Islamabad had his cover blown by a court case, and had to leave the country immediately. So I think that Carrie maintaining her cover will be a problem this season ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    Last time we saw Carrie, she was eight months pregnant, and the idea was that she would take over as Station Chief in Turkey after maternity leave. I wonder what will happen to Carrie's baby? We know s/he won't be left behind with her father.

A CIA Station Chief isn't supposed to be visible at all, and usually has a separate diplomatic cover. A few years ago, the Station Chief in Islamabad had his cover blown by a court case, and had to leave the country immediately. So I think that Carrie maintaining her cover will be a problem this season ...
    i assume her sister will take the child, and im assuming that theyll work James Rebhorns death into the show, which can be another issue for carrie to have to deal with,

im quiet looking forward to this season, i loved last season, it really turned into a brilliant spy show, and now with brody out of the picture a load of the angsty drama can leave with him, they have a big enough stage at their disposal, that the issues on the ground should easily fill up a season, no need for personal drama really,

the show has been getting some decent bashing over on the shows that dipped in quality thread, but bar the second half of season 2 and the first third of season 3, that show has been pretty solid overall, in my opinion anyway,

Homeland Season 4 Gets Two-Hour Premiere
    The first two episodes of Season 4 — which is being filmed entirely on location in South Africa, and finds Carrie Mathison assigned to one of the most volatile and dangerous CIA stations in the Middle East — will air back-to-back on Sunday, Oct. 5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

If you're inclined to wait, series 4 start Tuesday, 7th October at 9.30pm on RTÉ2.

Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Saw the ad tonight on rte2... Looks pretty good. Seems like they have expanded on Quinns character. Can't wait to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Was actually very pleasantly surprised by the Season 4 premiere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

Thought it was good. Standout moments for me was when the pilot who bombed the wedding confronted Carrie in the bar and when Quinn beat up those two guys. Also loved the part where Carrie went to Brody's old house with the baby (I thought for a moment Jess might make an appearance but sadly not :) )
    I really miss Brody, he was a brilliant character. Interesting back story with the lad in the college, oh and Lockhart still a p###k.
    I found it strangely upsetting to see Carrie's inability to bond with her daughter.
    Edit; also the baby in the bathtub :eek: I had to fast forward through that to make sure she didn't go through with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I was inwardly cringing at the thought of Dana coming out of the gaff to start a troubled relationship with her half sister! The OH has given up on it but I have high hopes for this season since the two things that I hated about last season- the Dana drama and Brody and Carries relationship- are out of the picture.

I love Suraj Sharma's character and he's a great actor. I'm really hoping they don't get him to turn into a jihadist. Didn't really get what he was doing ditching those drugs at his girlfriend's (?) place.

I think that this season is really showing Carrie in a poor light, I'm beginning to agree with the pilot's assessment of her as a monster. The contrast between someone who can eat cake after dropping a bomb on a bunch of civilians, versus someone who thought that they should have dived into an angry mob with guns blazing to rescue one of their own shows the unequal value that she puts on human lives. The pains that she goes to to justify or downplay it show that she's lost some of her moral compass, and it's telling that Quinn has to call her out on it.

I also found the baby scenes quite disturbing. I have a child the same age and to behave that way to me is unthinkable (but then I wouldn't be rushing to drop bombs on people either). She is so selfish. Her poor sister. When she said she was tired and went to bed leaving her sister to hold the baby I wanted to smack her!

Advertisement