Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 4 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anyone else reminded of the penultimate episode of Season 4 of Breaking Bad?

Quinn better call Saul............

Yeah. That works on several levels. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

This post has been deleted.

End times.

Think bomb planted for main bad guy, man with detonator watching from across a street on top of a building, doesn't go according to plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

End times.

Think bomb planted for main bad guy, man with detonator watching from across a street on top of a building, doesn't go according to plan.

Yes! Down to the shifty eyes looking out from under the brim of a hat and Gus/Haqquani's arrogant posturing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

That's one scary Brody-doppelganger baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

After a few weeks of ramping up and ramping up and ramping up, that was an odd way to end the season. I think its purpose was laying the groundwork for season 5, and served as the midpoint in the Haqqani story....

Very good episode, though a little unexpected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

A little underwhelmed after that episode.

Carrie is quite literally going to lose the plot again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Weak final episode but wont detract from one of the best seasons of tv in a while. Seems set up well for next season, hopefully they can keep these high standards up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

They did the one thing I didn't want them to do:ended the season on a cliffhanger. I think Quinn will make it back alive though; if they start season five with him getting killed then a lot of people will switch off. He has really established himself this season and it would be mad to get rid of him. There is still great mileage left in his character, unlike Brody as when they got rid of him as there was nowhere left for him to go.
    The storyline with Carrie and her mother was just filler and served no purpose, I found it boring. Also I am kind of disappointed that Carrie and Quinn are now an item, it seems kind of predictable and lame. It's also a bit of a downer that Haqqani got away scot-free as from the start the whole season was based around taking him out. Although maybe it was more realistic that he did get away as that sort of thing probably happens all the time in the war on terror;the US couldn't kill him so instead they had to do a deal with him to get him to disappear. It certainly makes you think.
    I liked the part where Da Adal said to Saul that Haqqani had agreed not to harbour terrorists. Saul says "He's the f****n' terrrorist". Dar Adal replies "Is he?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

That was...disappointing. Feels like last week's episode would have been a much better season finale, tbh. I kept hoping that big end moment would come, but it just fizzled out.

It was a great season, however and I'll be back for the next one. I just hope they don't plan on killing off Quinn with the Carrie curse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement

By the way, Washington to Missouri is nearly a thousand miles so if Carrie was going to drive there (with a baby) I can only think she is an even bigger fruitcake than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

what was on the memory card that Dar Adal gave to Saul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

alwald wrote: »

A video recording of Saul that Haqqani made while holding him captive. I don't recall seeing this during the season at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I was a bit torn on this. Kept thinking it was going to be slow for about two thirds and ramp up a bit, but never really did. Was expecting Quinn's to die in a fiery cliche explosion or something, at least that didn't happen.

But on the other hand, it did show Carrie trying to have a normal life and failing miserably. The whole bit with the mother seemed a bit too drawn out, but it did give some background into why she's so messed up. Although might have been more useful to have seen some of that in an earlier season, maybe instead of the awful Dana side story.

And it did provide a better explanation for Dar Adal talking to Haqqani than I was expecting
    alwald wrote: »
    lukin wrote: »
    A video recording of Saul that Haqqani made while holding him captive. I don't recall seeing this during the season at all though.

Didn't everyone in the embassy see a video of Saul at one point? It's in the recap at the start. if it hadn't been already released then presumably even the fact that Haqqani had captured the former head of the CIA would be pretty damaging to the Americans, let alone that they'd negotiated and released 5 terrorists to get him back.

I'm assuming the "show of good faith" that Dar Adal said was also on the card was the locations of the other terrorists that Quinn's black ops team is off to kill.

Haqqani gets rid of some rivals; the US saves face and gets to tick off some other targets; Pakistani Audrey Tautou gets a big promotion. Everyone's a winner.

MOH wrote: »

Didn't everyone in the embassy see a video of Saul at one point? It's in the recap at the start. if it hadn't been already released then presumably even the fact that Haqqani had captured the former head of the CIA would be pretty damaging to the Americans, let alone that they'd negotiated and released 5 terrorists to get him back.

I thought it was a video we hadn't seen before with Saul being forced to criticise the US or something. It now seems the video was the one you are referring to (the one that the Taliban showed to prove they had captured Saul).
    I'd imagine it would be pretty hard to keep something like that quiet (the Taliban capturing a former head of the CIA) but this is TV-land I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Great series but my god that finale was a let down, so much filler and no tension at all compared to what was an action packed series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Boring episode

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can't believe that was a finale. It was awful, i was half expecting Quinn and Cary to meet at the top of the empire state building.

I think those middle 4 episodes saved the season, other than that it was quite ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

WTF... After most of the season pumping us up as each episode went by, I was expecting the Haqqani story to be resolved and the season to end on a high, instead we got about seventeen million shots of Carrie and her baby.

I was getting seriously worried for Quinn once he started making friends with Carrie's baby too - make him into an even nicer guy to the audience right before killing him off - thankfully that didn't happen, and I'm sure he will prevail in Syria / Iraq (it's probably a given that Season 5 will take off immediately from where this season ended).

Overall I was happy with the season - it was a massive improvement on Season 2/3 but can't help but feel meh after that mediocre finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

As a Quinn fan, I think he might be written out of the next season:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I thought last week's episode ended on a silly note. Like, Khan just appears and stop Carrie from shooting Haqqani because he saw Dar Adal in his car. I don't recall Khan and Dar interacting before so how would he know him amd why was Carrie going to try to shoot Haqqani after talking Quinn down? She would've been lynched.

The finale was very banal and mundane. I guess this means Dar Adal has turned Haqqani or is in some way working with him but I don't find this very enticing for S5 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Pretty meh finale. Think they should wrap it up next year and not have it drag on too long

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I thought this season was a great season and a massive improvement on the crapfest of last season, but that finale! jaysus, shocking stuff. Focus on the characters me hole. Last week's episode would have been a great finale, this was just rubbish

Ageyev wrote: »
    I thought last week's episode ended on a silly note. Like, Khan just appears and stop Carrie from shooting Haqqani because he saw Dar Adal in his car. I don't recall Khan and Dar interacting before so how would he know him
    Khan probably met him before, the writers thought they didn't need to show that I suppose.

amd why was Carrie going to try to shoot Haqqani after talking Quinn down? She would've been lynched.
    'cause she's nuts.
    The finale was very banal and mundane. I guess this means Dar Adal has turned Haqqani or is in some way working with him but I don't find this very enticing for S5 tbh.
    Maybe you didn't see the final episode but this was explained in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Drivel ...

absolute drivel ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Season 4 was good . However the finale was terrible .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Totally agree with the general sentiment on this thread about the finale - boring and far too much Mathison mother / baby / sister drama

However, was happy Quinn and Carrie finally got it on, long overdue

Best moment of the season for me was when Aayan gets the bullet in Ep 6..... honestly didnt see that one coming

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I think it's safe to say Quinn's team are not meant to come back. For the sake of the show i hope he does because he is the only interesting character left in the show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Quinn will probably be captured - all other members of the team dead.

Carrie to campaign for his rescue.

5 years later Quinn comes home - does a Brody and instant reset lol

Advertisement