Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 4 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Ok I'm confused here - you guys are all clearly an episode ahead of RTE2 - are you watching this on a US channel or something? Is there a thread on the RTE viewings?

there is a separate thread for those watching on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

For ceist beag; thread on rte homeland:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057304810&page=2

Absolutely love this programme. Wondering same though, where are ask you guys watching it? For some reason I'm watching rte this season.
    This thread is way to much temptation for me. So hard to resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Aimeee wrote: »
    For ceist beag; thread on rte homeland:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057304810&page=2

Absolutely love this programme. Wondering same though, where are ask you guys watching it? For some reason I'm watching rte this season.
    This thread is way to much temptation for me. So hard to resist!

We're either all CIA agents with a time machine or we're downloading the show from naughty places. Same applies to similar threads on Elementary / Good Wife / The Newsroom / Ripper Street etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wow!

This. Is. Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Wow!

This. Is. Awesome.

It is, isnt it. for me its back to season 1 good. a different show to season 1 but every bit as exciting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

That was a great episode, it's been good for the last few weeks.

So in a fortnight we have an embassy protected by just Quinn and a couple of marines against all the baddies. Hopefully it's like The Raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

It's hard to guess what's coming. Somebody, Carrie I think, said that the beardy terrorist guy, whatshisname, had a plan when he faked his own death, and it didn't involve Saul, because he didn't know that he was going to capture Saul. It couldn't have involved accessing the embassy through the tunnel, because they didn't know there was a tunnel until that dufus leaked the info to the ISI woman. So, luring the convoy out to the airfield, attacking them on the way back as a diverstion to draw out the marines, and then infiltrating the embassy through the tunnel is a pretty good plan for what appears to be Plan B. I can't wait to see Plan A.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Fantastic episode, this season is probably my favorite so far. Love the direction they are taking the story. Feck knows what will happen next week now. I'm backing Quinn to do the job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

We're either all CIA agents with a time machine or we're downloading the show from naughty places. Same applies to similar threads on Elementary / Good Wife / The Newsroom / Ripper Street etc.

Lol I'll go with your CIA agents theory. Thanks for that.
    I need something to look forward to next week so I'll hold out for rte now. Loving this season as others have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

that was just savage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Can't wait for the next episode....but, will have to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Wow. 11/10, would wow again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

ahhhh!!! just realised I have to wait another week ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

**** **** ****ity ****!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

**** **** ****ity ****!!!

Tut tut, wheres your Thanksgiving spirit gone ?:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Awesome episode again! I would definitely watch a TV show or film starring Quinn & Jack Bauer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Poor Farrah. Jesus, I hope Quinn nails Haqqani good and proper.

Lockhart's really won me over this season, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Lockhart was a dumbass for leaving the vault!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭lukin

Does it really matter whether Quinn rubs out Haqqani or not?Sure the Taliban have the NOC list now so that's the real problem the CIA have, not Haqqani. The only possible thing to be gained from his death would be revenge I would imagine.
    I suspected Redmond would not survive the attack on the convoy so that was no surprise but Farah getting killed was a shock (and a pity too as she was pretty good eye candy).
    After we all thought Lockhart was a p***k he showed he is at heart a decentskin by risking his own life to try and save Farah's. Very brave but ultimately fruitless. Technically he committed treason though as I think constitutionally he was not allowed to do what he did under any circumstances (hand over the list).
    Max was right to remind Carrie how unkind she was to Farah. Hope you think on that Carrie.
    I knew Dennis wouldn't hang himself, too much of a wuss. Quinn will go all Jack Bauer on that Taliban guy; can't wait to see how he ends up :)
    Also wanted to mention that the tension in that ep was the best it's been since season one. Top marks to the writers for that.

This episode was great-go Quinn!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

That was good, roll on next week...

Hopefully Quinn goes full badass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Best episode of the season- they've really managed to turn it around. I thought Max was great in this episode. Poor Farah! Lockheart definitely should have stayed in the vault, or at least swopped over the papers or lied that they'd been destroyed. They're doing a good job of humanising him. The scenes with the ambassador and her husband were brilliant- so much tension. I wonder if he just chickened out of killing himself or if he has some kind of plan for escape?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Incredible episode

• Registered Users Posts: 13,272 ✭✭✭✭fits

The ambassador is a brilliant actor. Great episode, but I wanna watch the next already!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Season 4 has been top notch, and I had zero expectations for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Fantastic episode. After 20 minutes I was expecting the episode to end because of the sheer amount of action. It felt like it'd already been a full episode. The only thing bothering me is the fact Haqqani didn't just shoot Lockheart.

Fantastic episode. After 20 minutes I was expecting the episode to end because of the sheer amount of action. It felt like it'd already been a full episode. The only thing bothering me is the fact Haqqani didn't just shoot Lockheart.

Good point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Was probably going to after gutting Farah but then Quinn shot him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Was probably going to after gutting Farah but then Quinn shot him.

Realistically though - He shut the vault door behind him - it couldn't be opened again for another 60s. As far as Haqqani knew, they'd killed almost everyone in the compound and had the rest hostage. And the director of the CIA has just walked straight into your hands unarmed.

Why not take the NOC and shoot him straight off and have your men kill the rest of the hostages?

Even when the gunfire started, Lockheart wasn't shot at..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

This has the potential to be the best season of Homeland yet, I've been a huge fan of Peter Quinn ever since the start and I'm so happy he's become such a major character, there's a real Jason Bourne feel about him and I prefer Quinn. Really really excited for the last two episodes but I'm going to skip next week and watch them both together.

Advertisement