Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

COD WW2 is on the list now - just as enhanced but no details

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

pcadhain wrote: »
    ...but are waiting until launch day to promote the fact they'll have hdr, 4k, better textures etc.

Call Of Duty WWII for one has it on the box art but is missing from the list. That might be some sony related exclusivity deal to prevent saying it looks better on xbox but still, the point is the list is incomplete.

12 days to go!

COD WW2 was officially confirmed last night by Xbox. I don't know if the list has been updated yet.

Activision's deal with Playstation is prohibiting Xbox advertising that there will be enhancements released for their games on the One X. At least until the game is just about to launch or on it's launch date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hmmm. The Kodi devs tweeted a picture of Kodi running on an Xbox One, and then deleted it. Glad that they're making progress anyway, will be great when they're finished that.

XBMC is coming home :eek:

*gets teary eyed*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I'm trying to change my pre-order Scorpio Edition to just the standard One X but so far Smyths say I won't get the console on Day One if I change. I had awful trouble with the controllers of my Day One Xbox One and don't want the hassle of having to send the controller back to MS if it's faulty. My One S controller was dodgy and Smyths changed it for me straight away as it was just a regular controller, not Day One so I'd much prefer the standard console. I'm waiting to hear back from them again to see if they'll change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I'm trying to change my pre-order Scorpio Edition to just the standard One X but so far Smyths say I won't get the console on Day One if I change. I had awful trouble with the controllers of my Day One Xbox One and don't want the hassle of having to send the controller back to MS if it's faulty. My One S controller was dodgy and Smyths changed it for me straight away as it was just a regular controller, not Day One so I'd much prefer the standard console. I'm waiting to hear back from them again to see if they'll change it.

Just take the Scorpio Edition andd swap it with someone who gets a normal one?

Also the controllers are all the same they'll just have a different shell on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭tony1980

marcbrophy wrote: »
    XBMC is coming home :eek:

*gets teary eyed*

Long time since I heard someone call it XBMC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Is it €20 to pre order the Xbox one x with GameStop?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Tilikum wrote: »
    Is it €20 to pre order the Xbox one x with GameStop?
    They made me put €50 down, but that was way back shortly after its announcement.

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    They made me put €50 down, but that was way back shortly after its announcement.

Its a €50 deposit in-store or €20 online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Just back from GameStop - trade in value is €210 for a 500gb One S against the X.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

trixiebust wrote: »
    Just back from GameStop - trade in value is €210 for a 500gb One S against the X.

thats a pretty good deal in fairness. whats a one s new? 270?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

tony1980 wrote: »
    Long time since I heard someone call it XBMC
    News of XBMC and playing KOTOR in the space of a few days ... Wow, the nostalgia is strong at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

News of XBMC and playing KOTOR in the space of a few days ... Wow, the nostalgia is strong at the moment :)

started downloading Ninja Gaiden Black last night before bed, the first game I ever bought digitally,

It'll probably kick my arse later but looking forward to trying it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Nice one! So that's 80 euro in total for the X in Gamestop for me. Going to drop in one S tomorrow and the other on Monday week.

started downloading Ninja Gaiden Black last night before bed, the first game I ever bought digitally,

It'll probably kick my arse later but looking forward to trying it again.

Had a few hours on it earlier. It’s just as brilliant as I remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭Inviere

Gizmo55 wrote: »

The Scorpio Edition, and regular units, will all be identical barring the few cosmetic differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Picked up doom and Tom Clancy in Argos €25 for both, might come in handy for a rainy day

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Inviere wrote: »
    The Scorpio Edition, and regular units, will all be identical barring the few cosmetic differences.

Plus the vertical stand with the Scorpio

• Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭Inviere

theteal wrote: »
    Plus the vertical stand with the Scorpio

Internally, they'll be identical to non Scorpio editions. There's a misconception that Scorpio Editions will in some way be different to non Scorpio's

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Is anyone having trouble signing into Xbox live and/or fifa? The brother rang me asking if I'd heard anything about it online but I don't see anything anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Is anyone having trouble signing into Xbox live and/or fifa? The brother rang me asking if I'd heard anything about it online but I don't see anything anywhere.

Nothing on official or unofficial sites:

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status
    http://outage.report/xbox-live

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I haven't used either of my consoles in ages but when I tried to update the xbox after he rang, it stopped updating twice because of an error. Never seen that before so I guess there's something up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Internally, they'll be identical to non Scorpio editions. There's a misconception that Scorpio Editions will in some way be different to non Scorpio's

Is there? First I've heard of :confused:

Yeah I know, but stores won’t replace a controller that has ‘Scorpio Edition’ printed on it, same as they wouldn’t replace one that had ‘Day One’ printed on it in 2013. They replace a standard controller no bother. I’m just trying to avoid the hassle of returning controllers to MS if they break.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

I went into a GS today and they told me the 50% didn’t apply to consoles....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Limpar wrote: »

Ffs, here we go again with Gamestop employees. The offer is in black and white in their own bloody offer emails and website.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Limpar wrote:

Someone was in a GS earlier and said it was 210 for a 500GB - that's the 140 + 50% exactly!
    Ffs, here we go again with Gamestop employees. The offer is in black and white in their own bloody offer emails and website.

I know, right!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I put this down to poor management in the store itself as HQ send out emails
    in my local the manager prints it out and puts it into a folder under the counter
    so easy access for the staff to check

Gamestop are doing a midnight launch for the X in Henry St, Dublin.

• Advertisement

Gamestop are doing a midnight launch for the X in Henry St, Dublin.

Hopefully Smyths on Jervis St. too. They told me they aren’t but I’m sure they’ll change their stance. There’ll be feckin war if they don’t I tells ya!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement