Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Speaking of the Witcher. The game of the year edition is €20 on the marketplace with gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Tilikum wrote: »
    Have they taken off the apps you could stream movies on?

Also, does anyone use showbox?

Still have mine and I got Showbox on my phone/tablet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Still have mine and I got Showbox on my phone/tablet

I had two until last night. When I tried watching a movie, it would play for a couple of minutes then boot me out.

Is showbox worth €20 on the Xbox is what I’m wondering.

I didnt know there was an xbox app, its free on Android so i cant really advise about the xbox

Tilikum wrote: »
    I had two until last night. When I tried watching a movie, it would play for a couple of minutes then boot me out.

Is showbox worth €20 on the Xbox is what I’m wondering.

Like F it is, plenty of better options if you're looking to fly a jolly roger. Like spending 30 quid on a raspberry pi board and setting up kodi on it and running it via the hdmi pass through and powering it via the xbox usb port.

• Advertisement

Yeah just tried the free trial there and it is exactly like one of those free movies app that was on the xbox a while ago, one of the terrible ones that had bad quality movies but not even a good amount of movies and it just looks horrible

Anyone experience with Shopto's delivery times for games?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

FIRST 13 ORIGINAL XBOX GAMES ANNOUNCED FOR XBOX ONE COMPATIBILITY
    Microsoft has revealed the first 13 backwards-compatible original Xbox games for Xbox One to IGN – several of which we got to play. These first 13 will be available tomorrow, October 24. All are enhanced with 1080p resolution, higher and/or smoother framerates, and faster loading times.

These are the first 13 games you can play on any Xbox One if you own the title, beginning tomorrow:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Ninja Gaiden Black
    Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
    Fuzion Frenzy
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    Psychonauts
    Dead to Rights
    Black
    Grabbed by the Ghoulies
    Sid Meier’s Pirates!
    Red Faction II
    BloodRayne 2
    The King of Fighters Neowave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

maximoose wrote: »
    Time to dig out that ancient KOTOR disc, never finished it back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Venema

Anyone experience with Shopto's delivery times for games?

i ordered Fallout4 and it arrived on release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hmm... I see that's they're also pulling some wizardry on some Xbox 360 Back Compat Titles to add HDR lighting, increased pixel count and some other shenanigans on an X.

There are four titles to begin:
    Halo 3
    Fallout 3
    Assassins Creed (the original)
    Eder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Hmm... I see that's they're also pulling some wizardry on some Xbox 360 Back Compat Titles to add HDR lighting, increased pixel count and some other shenanigans on an X.

There are four titles to begin:
    Halo 3
    Fallout 3
    Assassins Creed (the original)
    Eder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (!!!)

Nice. I quite enjoyed Halo 3 way back when and I have noticed it in my "Ready to install" list. I could defo give it a whirl in a couple of weeks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone with a hdtv buying the X?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

FutureGuy wrote: »

A good few of us I'd wager, myself included.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

FutureGuy wrote: »

I'm definitely warming to the idea of buying one just for the boost in performance.

Startin' to get sick of playing a WWE game and having the performance drop to ridiculous levels when there's more than 4 guys on screen. Whatever engine Yuke's uses, it just cannot handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

A good few of us I'd wager, myself included.

Me too, I have a 6 year old Panasonic plasma and the picture quality is awesome. Looking forward to performance improvement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm definitely warming to the idea of buying one just for the boost in performance.

Startin' to get sick of playing a WWE game and having the performance drop to ridiculous levels when there's more than 4 guys on screen. Whatever engine Yuke's uses, it just cannot handle it.

It's an updated Playstation engine apparently. Yes, that's right, Playstation. No bleeding 2s, 3s, or 4s.

I'm getting an X, with a 1080 screen. I plan on getting a 4K screen eventually, but not any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

CatInABox wrote: »

I'm getting an X, with a 1080 screen. I plan on getting a 4K screen eventually, but not any time soon.

I'm the same. I use a 1080p screen for my current Xbox one so will more than likely use it for the X as well. But if it supports 1440p then I will use that as that is what I am using for my PC. I will eventually get a 4k monitor but I will be in no hurry.

I'm also quite liking the somewhat comprehensive 'performance vs visuals' options they're rolling out. Gears 4 and mordor have a huge list of X related benefits such as higher frame rate, increased draw distance etc that sell the X as a valuable upgrade. Sony kinda fumbled the messaging on the pro in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'm starting to get excited now:

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/ZkWHOck__ns

I generally don't replay games much. I think I'll definitely be making an exception here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Gears of War 4 devs have added a performance mode for the Xbox One X to go along with their 4K ultra HD enhancement update.

The performance mode is 1080p 60 FPS in the campaign and horde mode with high quality textures.

Penello on twitter
    OG Xbox games run at 4X resolution on Xbox One S, and 16X resolution on Xbox One X - that's native, NOT upscaled!

Doing some job with this

• Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    Penello on twitter

Doing some job with this

I went and collected Ninja Gaiden and Crimson Skies from my mams house last night :pac:

My mum gave all my OG xbox stuff away :(

Ninja Gaiden Black will be free with Game Pass, will be 1080p 60fps on the X. Looking forward to seeing these

I'd love to see Amped come BC but all the music is probably a nightmare for licenses. And Stubbs the Zombie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

So sad I'm not getting home until the weekend to pick up KOTOR :(

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Does anyone know how much in-store credit GameStop offers for a 500gb One S? I just noticed on the website there that they are offering an extra 50% on any trade-in towards a One X. If I could get up to around €300 between the Xbox and a few games like Zelda on the Switch I’d be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Does anyone know how much in-store credit GameStop offers for a 500gb One S? I just noticed on the website there that they are offering an extra 50% on any trade-in towards a One X. If I could get up to around €300 between the Xbox and a few games like Zelda on the Switch I’d be laughing.
    If I remember correctly from when I asked a few weeks ago, €165 for 500GB.
    I'll be trading a 2TB which is about €200, so if they really are adding +50% I'll be laughing. I've already got €265 down on the One X with them.

Haven't yet decided whether to hand in my daughter's 500GB instead, and give her the 2TB. I need to ask again about prices to be sure.

Actually, I'll pop into Stephen's Green on my lunch and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Even though I have the X preordered in Smyths I’m going to see if GameStop will allow me to trade in 2 Xbox One S against the One X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was going to keep my S and move it to the sitting room, but now I'm thinking of trading it in against a Switch so I can have all three.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement