Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

theteal wrote:
    We all knew this was coming, they should at least have built a mic into the console.

Yep, I've thought that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

theteal wrote: »
    We all knew this was coming, they should at least have built a mic into the console.

And have all the conspiracy nuts go crazy again? I think Microsoft learnt that lesson the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

And have all the conspiracy nuts go crazy again? I think Microsoft learnt that lesson the hard way.

Actually, that's true, I do know someone who has it since launch and has never connected it for this very reason.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

theteal wrote: »
    Actually, that's true, I do know someone who has it since launch and has never connected it for this very reason.

I hope they don't own a smart phone :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ha, looking back, that all looks so hysterical now. Now it's all "Alexa this, Alexa that".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

:pac:
    17156313_1238150999639516_7973255742604501977_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ha, looking back, that all looks so hysterical now. Now it's all "Alexa this, Alexa that".
    My wife asked me if the government was really listening to us through the Amazon Echo. I said 'No. Not at all'.

I laughed.
    My wife laughed.
    The Amazon Echo laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Ordered mine there from Currys UK. £449 for One X, with free Forza 7, Halo 5 and Quantum Break.

They've cancelled mine for 'security' reasons. Customer support being no help!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dmcg90 wrote: »
    They've cancelled mine for 'security' reasons. Customer support being no help!

Your billing address supplied doesn't match the billing address on your card.

Re order after contacting card provider and getting a temporary change of billing address. If you are using a Revolut you can just change the address in the app.

Had to do this when ordering a Pixel C through PC World earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,111 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Traded in my day one edition with one controller and kinect against the x a couple of weeks ago, wasnt expecting much for the console considering the wifi connection was goosed and it had to be hard wired, but i kept that quiet.
    Delighted with €269 off the new console, he gave me the extra 50% off and some other loyalty bonus thing.
    thought there would be more bundles to choose from but seems to be just forza for €25 that i can see.
    4K tv purchased last week so looking forward to some gaming when it finally launches, just need to decide on the games to get now.

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Your billing address supplied doesn't match the billing address on your card.

Re order after contacting card provider and getting a temporary change of billing address. If you are using a Revolut you can just change the address in the app.

Had to do this when ordering a Pixel C through PC World earlier in the year.

Can't re-order now, the item is out of stock and the price has gone up from £450 to £999 so no chance of that! That's a shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

1369984587345.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I know I've been singing the virtues of the XCOM series, and now you too can try it out!

XCOM 2 is free for the weekend.

It's rock hard, but so so good.

So have some weirdness going on with my profile, from a quick google others have had it over the last few months and it fixes itself in a few days.

Basically I checked my achievements and score earlier and it was 259k and all my xbox one games including ones I'd completed over the weekend were at 0/1000. Score should be 413k :eek:

If I click into the games though the achievements show unlocked ... to say I nearly had a f'n heart attack when I saw that :D

• So have some weirdness going on with my profile, from a quick google others have had it over the last few months and it fixes itself in a few days.

Basically I checked my achievements and score earlier and it was 259k and all my xbox one games including ones I'd completed over the weekend were at 0/1000. Score should be 413k :eek:

If I click into the games though the achievements show unlocked ... to say I nearly had a f'n heart attack when I saw that :D

Jesus Christ that is some gamerscore!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Jesus Christ that is some gamerscore!

It was something I was thinking randomly about today actually after the shock of seeing it drop like that.

The wee one was at pre-school and I was out riding my bike around the back roads was thinking how I got to that score and the fact that I don't have to boost many if any achievements at all these days and how they give away achievements now etc.

The core of my friends list and people I'd have become good pals with just don't bother with MP games any more and I'm playing way more short indie games and fewer AAA games but back in the 360 days I'd have regularly got a party invite to help with X achievement and many a night spent at it with a single common goal.

Just struck me how gaming is changing with more going all out multiplayer rather than tacking it on and how I and others I know have changed their gaming over the last few years.

Then I got a puncture on the bike and forgot I'd no spare tube so had to patch the bastard at the side of the road so that snapped my out of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Then I got a puncture on the bike and forgot I'd no spare tube so had to patch the bastard at the side of the road so that snapped my out of it :D

And that's how you got your final achievement in Tour De France 2017 and then you switched off your Xbox and had some lunch :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is there any way to force an update on the achievements? With no internet for over a week, I played a fair chunk of dark souls 3, beating 5 or so bosses. I've tried logging in and out, and a hard reset but no joy so far.

Is there any way to force an update on the achievements? With no internet for over a week, I played a fair chunk of dark souls 3, beating 5 or so bosses. I've tried logging in and out, and a hard reset but no joy so far.

No they are server side unlocks these days, they should unlock once you're back online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

No they are server side unlocks these days, they should unlock once you're back online.

I'm back online today :(

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    And that's how you got your final achievement in Tour De France 2017 and then you switched off your Xbox and had some lunch :pac:

Don't you know ????? Strava has achievements :D

Herself nearly pissed herself laughing when she discovered this..... "So thats why you like riding your bike so much"

Hmmm. The Kodi devs tweeted a picture of Kodi running on an Xbox One, and then deleted it. Glad that they're making progress anyway, will be great when they're finished that.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Would you expect Smyths to do a trade-in deal?
    I have my pre-order with them but may cancel it if I can get more for the S from GameStop.

Limpar wrote: »
    I have my pre-order with them but may cancel it if I can get more for the S from GameStop.

Smyths do not sell second hand consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

They should do, but sometimes they can take ages. Took 9 months for the RotTR achievements to unlock server side for me despite being online while playing it :pac:
    Smyths do not sell second hand consoles.

They are also stopping second hand games soon apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,111 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Limpar wrote: »

50% extra trade in at GameStop now and I think another 10% If you are level 3 on the loyalty card

Anyone tell me what the best games to get to make use of the 4k
    I read about gears of war 4 being updated to 4k
    I’ve been out of the loop gaming wise for the last 3 years, we had a new addition to the family and cod went to Sh*t

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

OmegaGene wrote:
    Anyone tell me what the best games to get to make use of the 4k I read about gears of war 4 being updated to 4k I’ve been out of the loop gaming wise for the last 3 years, we had a new addition to the family and cod went to Sh*t

I'd say at launch, Gears of War 4 and Forza 7 are going to be the two showcases right out the gate.

Gears 4 is already gorgeous, can't wait to see it on the One X

OmegaGene wrote: »
    50% extra trade in at GameStop now and I think another 10% If you are level 3 on the loyalty card

I’ve been out of the loop gaming wise for the last 3 years, we had a new addition to the family and cod went to Sh*t

We don't have any definitive reviews that tell us which game has the best 4K implementation, but keep an eye on Digital Foundary over the next few days. They've got their retail Xbox One X and will be running through games over the next couple of weeks.

They've even done an unboxing, despite the obvious disdain for that needless type of video: "We just don't know what's in there. My guess, a console."

Here's the list of games that they're interested in:
    In addition to exploring those elements, we'll be analysing as many of the Xbox One X enhanced titles as we can before the year's out, with the likes of The Witcher 3, Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3, Titanfall 2, Doom, Wolfenstein 2, Gears of War 4, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Assassin's Creed Origins, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fallout 4 and Final Fantasy 15 especially of interest to us.

I think that they may go back and look at some 360 games as well, like GTA4

Here's the official list of games with any kind of One X optimisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

CatInABox wrote: »
    Here's the official list of games with any kind of One X optimisation.
    Worth noting that the list is constantly being updated. Some games will be xbox one x enhanced but are waiting until launch day to promote the fact they'll have hdr, 4k, better textures etc.

Call Of Duty WWII for one has it on the box art but is missing from the list. That might be some sony related exclusivity deal to prevent saying it looks better on xbox but still, the point is the list is incomplete.

12 days to go!

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »

Gears of War 4.
    Shadow of War.
    Assassins Creed Origins.
    Forza 7.
    Wolfenstein 2.

Call of Duty WW2. (we won't see its enhancement until launch)

There is a crazy amount of games getting enhanced for the X.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement