Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Hopefully Smyths on Jervis St. too. They told me they aren’t but I’m sure they’ll change their stance. There’ll be feckin war if they don’t I tells ya!

I was onto Amazon yesterday because my Scorpio Edition is only showing a delivery date between 9th and 11th and I even paid extra for postage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Limpar wrote:
    I went into a GS today and they told me the 50% didn’t apply to consoles....

They told me it applies to everything they usually take as a trade in. Even for old 360 games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hopefully Smyths on Jervis St. too. They told me they aren’t but I’m sure they’ll change their stance. There’ll be feckin war if they don’t I tells ya!

Phone them up again and tell them that Gamestop are doing it. Can't hurt.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    I was onto Amazon yesterday because my Scorpio Edition is only showing a delivery date between 9th and 11th and I even paid extra for postage :(

Not sure if it applies to Ireland, but to get the release date delivery, I had to choose standard delivery, not any of the more expensive ones. Totally counter-intuitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Id be amazed if any amount of calling will get a smyths to open for midnight, realistically, their premises are massive and they'd need security or something to stop people wandering around the rest of the store. Also, they're busy pretty much every day, whereas gamestop have to go above and beyond to drum up any sort of excitement for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »
    Not sure if it applies to Ireland, but to get the release date delivery, I had to choose standard delivery, not any of the more expensive ones. Totally counter-intuitive.

Yea that makes no sense. Ah well if I don't have it for launch I don't have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Id be amazed if any amount of calling will get a smyths to open for midnight, realistically, their premises are massive and they'd need security or something to stop people wandering around the rest of the store. Also, they're busy pretty much every day, whereas gamestop have to go above and beyond to drum up any sort of excitement for anything.

Did they not do a midnight launch for the Xbox One? Gamestop did one but I’m nearly sure Smyths did one too.

Did they not do a midnight launch for the Xbox One? Gamestop did one but I’m nearly sure Smyths did one too.

not sure, maybe? i got mine in gamestop.

have the X booked for smyths, but I'm beyond the days of staying up all night with new consoles / games.

*grumble grumble, old man noises*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Gizmo55 wrote:

Aye, for my Xbox one from smyths at midnight. Doubt they will for the X tho

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭losttheplot

50 % boost trade in....

I asked in store this afternoon about trading in xbox one 1tb slim against my reservation for a xbox one x. The member of staff was aware of the promotion and explained it as follows.

I was told I would get 170 credit for xbox one 1tB slim today plus a bonus for being a level 3 member.
    If I traded in the xbox one 1tB slim against the xbox one X i would NOT get the level 3 bonus but would get a 50% on the 170 bringing it to 255 against the xbox one X.
    I was also told if the items being traded in exceed the value of the xbox x then the balance would be given as instore credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

They did for the Xbox One back in 2013.

The gaming section of Smyths in Jervis street has its own entrance that stays locked unless they have a special event on. They just put a barrier rope around the areas that lead into the store from the gaming section and they only let in a few people in at a time.

Although there were only 10 of us there that night :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Gamestop are doing a midnight launch for the X in Henry St, Dublin.

did they tell you in store?

in Limerick the other day they didnt know yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I never watched an unboxing video before yesterday.

I have now watched at least 6 unboxing videos.

Dafuq has become of me???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

theteal wrote: »
    I never watched an unboxing video before yesterday.

I have now watched at least 6 unboxing videos.

Dafuq has become of me???? :confused:

It’s basically a brand new console in every way but the name. Proper 4k, can’t wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It’s basically a brand new console in every way but the name. Proper 4k, can’t wait!

I'm mostly a PC gamer and since the Xbox One came out I think the only games I even finished were Halo 5, Infinite Warfare and Wolfenstein: Old Blood.

3 games over about 4 years, yet too stubborn to sell it.

Have pre-ordered the Xbox One X had already have COD:WW2, Wolfenstein 2, Battlefront 2 and Fractured but Whole ordered for it :)

dunworth1 wrote: »
    did they tell you in store?

in Limerick the other day they didnt know yet

Yes. In-store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone upgrading their storage for the X?

I've currently got a 2tb external drive which is almost full

have my eye on a 4tb anyone see any deals?

would prefer a 7200rpm drive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I saw one of the unboxings and the best part of it when he pulled out a 4K HDR copy of Blue Planet 2. That would look glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I have my eye on getting this 4TB Seagate. Currently £120, down from 150 and comes with two months Xbox Game Pass.
    I saw one of the unboxings and the best part of it when he pulled out a 4K HDR copy of Blue Planet 2. That would look glorious.

Is that out!? Thought it was starting on BBC tomorrow.

I've currently got a 2tb external drive which is almost full

have my eye on a 4tb anyone see any deals?

would prefer a 7200rpm drive

I saw a 4tb hdd for 120 (iirc) mentioned somewhere, perhaps xbox bargains thread.

I've got 40% free space of my current 1.5tb combo at the moment, I'll be alright I imagine, already got games installed the I'll probably never play

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The reviewer bundles come with a ridiculous amount of loot!

Watched Planet Earth on Blu-ray before. Think I'll have to pick up 2 on 4k bluray!

• Advertisement

pcadhain wrote: »
    I have my eye on getting this 4TB Seagate. Currently £120, down from 150 and comes with two months Xbox Game Pass.

Is that out!? Thought it was starting on BBC tomorrow.
    Ah feck yeah I meant Planet Earth 2. I've Blue Planet in the head. Thanks for reminding me it's out tomorrow btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Anyone tried pre-ordering the Xbox One X on the GameStop website? I can't get the Forza 7 bundle to work on there (it's just charing me full price). No response from their Facebook/Twitter about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Anyone tried pre-ordering the Xbox One X on the GameStop website? I can't get the Forza 7 bundle to work on there (it's just charing me full price). No response from their Facebook/Twitter about it!

I was in GameStop the other day and asked what bundle deals they had and forza was the only one they said, put me down for that then
    “Come back on launch day to select that we can’t pre book it sorry”
    Asked if I could do it on the website and they said not until launch day
    Very weird set up considering for the Xbox one I was able to add a few games at a discount

The internet isn’t for everyone

Gamestop in mixed messaging shocker.

Give your money to someone else lads.

Essentially there are no Xbox One X bundles at Gamestop at the moment.

They have an in-store offer to buy Forza 7 when you come in to purchase or collect your new console.

They said they might have some bundles as some sort of deal but they don't know yet. Smyths said something similar regarding bundles for the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Gamestop in mixed messaging shocker.

Give your money to someone else lads.

Who else was giving €268 for an Xbox one as trade in though
    I only use GameStop when I have to, cod ww2 will be purchased from SuperValu as its normally €20 cheaper

The internet isn’t for everyone

Will GameStop actually be doing the trade in deal on release day?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Looks like we'll be getting a PUBG release date this week.

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/924953757263081473

My old fat One is now disconnected and getting flogged later this evening. The TV unit is looking a bit sad and empty just now. I'll have no xbox for a whole week.

What do normal people do with that hour or so before heading to bed? I suppose Netflix will be getting hammered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

theteal wrote: »
    My old fat One is now disconnected and getting flogged later this evening. The TV unit is looking a bit sad and empty just now. I'll have no xbox for a whole week.

What do normal people do with that hour or so before heading to bed? I suppose Netflix will be getting hammered

I traded mine into CEX yesterday. But I can still play games on PC though so not too bad. Can't wait for the One X.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement