Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

I traded mine into CEX yesterday. But I can still play games on PC though so not too bad. Can't wait for the One X.

What did you get for it from CEX?

I'm going to trade in my standard original X-Box One to upgrade to the One X and I'm not sure whether to do the Gamestop trade-in deal, sell to CEX or try to sell separately basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jenda wrote: »

I'm going to trade in my standard original X-Box One to upgrade to the One X and I'm not sure whether to do the Gamestop trade-in deal, sell to CEX or try to sell separately basically.

If your buying the X from GameStop they are doing back 50% trade in bonus for trade ins against the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I went to GameStop and got €268 for my day one with one controller and Kinect
    Cex value should be on the website

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »

E268 you got for a day one xbox?

I had no interest in the X but if I got that much for my day one console, I'd definitely get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Not sure if there are any alternatives to CEX in Ireland but I go £96 for and old* 500gb fat One in Baseo (never heard of them before I saw the shop). CEX were giving £91. Better a fiver in my pocket.

Sooooo tempted to take a trip over to Argos to buy the joypad. . .

*bought as refurb for £140 during the summer

• Advertisement

E268 you got for a day one xbox?

I had no interest in the X but if I got that much for my day one console, I'd definitely get it.

Yeah I can't say much better than that. I'll swing by this afternoon and see what they offer for a standard x-box one with two controllers (no Kinect), on the assumption I'll get new controllers with the One X

Yeah I can't say much better than that. I'll swing by this afternoon and see what they offer for a standard x-box one with two controllers (no Kinect), on the assumption I'll get new controllers with the One X

You get one controller in the box with the X.

Did you get that in cash or on a gift card?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Any word on when that GameStop trade-in promo ends?

Gamestop offered 130 euro for a standard X-Box One with controller. I left it, I think I can get more for it elsewhere.

This includes the 50% extra, they were offering 90 quid for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anyone have any luck getting Child of Eden to work on the Xbox One now that it is supported via backwards compatibility?
    I've tried my own original 360 disc but to no avail, just get told it's not yet supported.

Gamestop offered 130 euro for a standard X-Box One with controller. I left it, I think I can get more for it elsewhere.

This includes the 50% extra, they were offering 90 quid for it.

I knew E268 sounded too good to be true :P

I knew E268 sounded too good to be true :P

It might be because it was day one version with extra controller and Kinect?? (Even tho Kinects are selling for 20 quid after they've been discontinued)

I'll keep looking and come back to it if it really is the best price I can get for it because it seems low right now.

Can you post up a copy of the receipt so we can see the amounts you got for the individual items?

Looking into it more

eBay ones are selling for 150, so thats about 130 with fees

CEX price listed on website is €107 cash

It's probably NOT that bad a price with these in mind then, I was just pure spoiled from the post above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

I was in with them there and was told the same thing for a 500gb One S - €140 plus 50% to make €210 and 5% on top of the for level 1 membership for a total of €220.50.

Considering I got it for €224 with Destiny 2 and Forza Horizon 3 in September I can hardly argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

€101 cash is what I got as it was scratched. I know I would have got more if I sold it myself but I find that is too much hassle.

I still want to know how @OmegaGene got E268 for a day one console :P

Did you get that in cash or on a gift card?

as a trade in against the xbox one x

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Venema

how much they offering for just a trade in of a brand new S?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I posted a receipt so you can see what was what

receipt now deleted as there was too much info on it

Too slow, I got all the information I wanted off it. Also I would like to thank you for paying for my Xbox One X. Just a heads up just to soften the blow when you go to Gamestop on launch day and they inform you that your purchase was transferred to another individual.

Might not have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Are the people who are trading in with Gamestop able to get the One X on Day One?

Too slow, I got all the information I wanted off it. Also I would like to thank you for paying for my Xbox One X. Just a heads up just to soften the blow when you go to Gamestop on launch day and they inform you that your purchase was transferred to another individual.

Might not have happened.

Early Christmas present for ya

Here’s a copy of the receipt without my email and phone number
    GameStop is better for trading in the Xbox than going to cex and much less hasssle than selling on boards

Here’s a copy of the receipt without my email and phone number
    GameStop is better for trading in the Xbox than going to cex and much less hasssle than selling on boards

Why did the store assistant write on your receipt? I think they made a mistake because the €180 you got seems very high for the original X when another poster got offered €80 before the 50% bonus?

It's a nice chunk for you though off the X!!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Why did the store assistant write on your receipt? I think they made a mistake because the €180 you got seems very high for the original X when another poster got offered €80 before the 50% bonus?

It's a nice chunk for you though off the X!!

he said the computer wasnt accepting an extra bonus, for the console with controller the receipt says €198.00 and the kinect is €17.82 giving €215.82

it was the store manager i was dealing with and he said he would get the written amount added on later via head office

i am not complaining anyway i was expecting €150 max

he said the computer wasnt accepting an extra bonus, for the console with controller the receipt says €198.00 and the kinect is €17.82 giving €215.82

it was the store manager i was dealing with and he said he would get the written amount added on later via head office

i am not complaining anyway i was expecting €150 max

He made a mistake though. A 500GB One S is worth €140 trade with the controller with an extra 50% bringing it to €210. You had an original Xbox (I think) which is worth €80-€90 before the trade in bonus.

It looks to me he refunded you the price of a second hand One and manually added a top up bonus :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He made a mistake though. A 500GB One S is worth €140 trade with the controller with an extra 50% bringing it to €210. You had an original Xbox (I think) which is worth €80-€90 before the trade in bonus.

It looks to me he refunded you the price of a second hand One and manually added a top up bonus :pac:

Look at the date, for some reason he got the trade value of the original Xbox One against the Fifa deal. Thats why the trade value is so high.

Look at the date, for some reason he got the trade value of the original Xbox One against the Fifa deal. Thats why the trade value is so high.

Good spot!

• Advertisement

that was good timing so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement