Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

How confident are people that Gamestop are going to have enough stock come launch day? Especially for those who have traded in their old console already? A lot could be left waiting a few weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

How confident are people that Gamestop are going to have enough stock come launch day? Especially for those who have traded in their old console already? A lot could be left waiting a few weeks.

thats why i was asking about midnight opening.

smyths have a comment on their webpage saying first come first served for preorderd, and unfulfilled preorders will be filled by nov 19th. i read that as a preorder does not guarantee a console.

that's for the normal version, i have a scorpio preordered which i'm not even sure will have more stock after the first day so presume they have a console per preorder for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

No midnight launch in my local GameStop, no hours for the staff the manager said

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

mossym wrote: »
    thats why i was asking about midnight opening.

smyths have a comment on their webpage saying first come first served for preorderd, and unfulfilled preorders will be filled by nov 19th. i read that as a preorder does not guarantee a console.

that's for the normal version, i have a scorpio preordered which i'm not even sure will have more stock after the first day so presume they have a console per preorder for that

they had better have a scorpio for me. Preordered it specifically to have it, not to have a chance at getting it.

Lootbox RNG in real life.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

they had better have a scorpio for me. Preordered it specifically to have it, not to have a chance at getting it.

Lootbox RNG in real life.

i hear that, my preorder is the scorpio as well and it was ordered specifically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

That's my concern too. I don't want to trade mine in and be sitting here next week with nothing.

Anyone know how long the gamestop 50% offer runs? I can't get there until the weekend, Friday latest

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

What's the point in a pre order system if it's first come first served 🀔

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am still on the wall about getting the one x.

I barely use my ps4 pro and the switch has came my number 1 console.

But I like sinny new things and i need a reason to tell her that 58 inch 4k tv there was a reason for it......

But I like sinny new things and i need a reason to tell her that 58 inch 4k tv there was a reason for it......

If you have the spare cash and can get a good deal on trade then it's worth the upgrade.
    It's not essential however. It could be the hype train getting you caught up.
    Same games, same controllers, same peripherals and OS. Just plays games better.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,882 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You'll get €330 trade in for the Pro against the X.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    If you have the spare cash and can get a good deal on trade then it's worth the upgrade.

4k bluray player is not to be sniffed either

theteal wrote: »
    4k bluray player is not to be sniffed either

Oh true story!
    But the One S is also a 4k Blu ray player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Oh true story!
    But the One S is also a 4k Blu ray player.

Pfffft, that's old school :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

which makes the new console much more attractive all my current stuff will work away happily with my brand new console

dunworth1 wrote: »
    which makes the new console much more attractive all my current stuff will work away happily with my brand new console

That's fine, but again if you have the spare cash to upgrade fire away. It's not essential however.
    In line with the PS4 - PS4 Pro.

That's fine, but again if you have the spare cash to upgrade fire away. It's not essential however.
    In line with the PS4 - PS4 Pro.

The jump for the X is much larger than the jump from PS4 to Pro though.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Traded in with GameStop in Galway. I was told the One X was all sold out for the 7th and the next round of stock is expected to come in on the 20th of the month. Unless somebody doesn't want their pre-order I'll be stuck waiting a little longer than I wanted, but between a 500gb One S, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Zelda I got €300 off it so not much complaints from me.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The jump for the X is much larger than the jump from PS4 to Pro though.

Oh I'm not doubting that. But the thought process is the same.
    As is the market target.

Oh I'm not doubting that. But the thought process is the same.
    As is the market target.

It's hard to know until we get our hands on it but I'm really looking forward to the single player games and seeing how they use the power.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Looking to take advantage of the deal too, do I just need to rock up with cables, console (500GB S) and controller to gamestop tomorrow to get ~210 towards the X then? And then from reading it's first come first serve on launch day to see who gets what? Is there any benefit to bringing in the original box for it?

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    Looking to take advantage of the deal too, do I just need to rock up with cables, console (500GB S) and controller to gamestop tomorrow to get ~210 towards the X then? And then from reading it's first come first serve on launch day to see who gets what? Is there any benefit to bringing in the original box for it?

Looks like any pre orders now are going to be available on the 20th according to previous posters

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Looks like any pre orders now are going to be available on the 20th according to previous posters

Ah ok, not the end of the world, 50% trade-in bonus is probably as good as it'll get for a while until they do something similar to the S upgrade deal from a few months ago I'd say...

Last question, anyone know how long the 50% deal runs for? It's not on the screenshot, if we can't collect the new ones until the 21st I might hold off for a few days more...

hots wrote: »
    Last question, anyone know how long the 50% deal runs for? It's not on the screenshot, if we can't collect the new ones until the 21st I might hold off for a few days more...

GameStop are a law unto themselves really, give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I have an Xbox One X Scorpio Edition pre-ordered still on Amazon.co.uk but also have one pre-ordered from Smyths.

I'm going to take it from Smyths, so does anyone here still want a Scorpio Edition?

You would have to forward me the £450 and I'd change the delivery address to your home or parcel motel. It's a 1 day delivery in UK to be delivered on the 7th if anyone's interested. I'd send it as a gift so you'd get a gift receipt.

I'll cancel it otherwise, but just in case a boardsie is stuck.

i0sQhRL.png

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I have an Xbox One X Scorpio Edition pre-ordered still on Amazon.co.uk but also have one pre-ordered from Smyths.

I'm going to take it from Smyths, so does anyone here still want a Scorpio Edition?

You would have to forward me the £450 and I'd change the delivery address to your home or parcel motel. It's a 1 day delivery in UK to be delivered on the 7th if anyone's interested. I'd send it as a gift so you'd get a gift receipt.

I'll cancel it otherwise, but just in case a boardsie is stuck.
    I'd be careful. Symths are saying pre orders are first come first served which defeats the whole purpose of pre ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

rafi bomb wrote: »
    I'd be careful. Symths are saying pre orders are first come first served which defeats the whole purpose of pre ordering

But Scorpio edition's are actually there for who pre-ordered I believe?

Either way, I'll be there first thing when they open just in case.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    But Scorpio edition's are actually there for who pre-ordered I believe?

Either way, I'll be there first thing when they open just in case.

Not sure on the first point really. It seems an odd situation. Surely they have a list. When I pre ordered I was told to wait for a call on the day. If I do that now someone could order one today and get one and I wouldn't

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Have to admit, I like the look of the NFL controllers, wouldn't mind an Arsenal or Dublin version.

See them here.

thumb_4E1109BC111044E8AAC86A8775885EE3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Traded in with GameStop in Galway. I was told the One X was all sold out for the 7th and the next round of stock is expected to come in on the 20th of the month. Unless somebody doesn't want their pre-order I'll be stuck waiting a little longer than I wanted, but between a 500gb One S, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Zelda I got €300 off it so not much complaints from me.

I have it pre-ordered only from the 1st. Does that mean I’ll get it on the 7th? Is it a midnight launch?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement