Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    If I remember correctly from when I asked a few weeks ago, €165 for 500GB.
    I'll be trading a 2TB which is about €200, so if they really are adding +50% I'll be laughing. I've already got €265 down on the One X with them.

Haven't yet decided whether to hand in my daughter's 500GB instead, and give her the 2TB. I need to ask again about prices to be sure.

Actually, I'll pop into Stephen's Green on my lunch and report back.

Its a bit more than €165 for the One S, thats how much you get for an original Xbox One.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A good few of us I'd wager, myself included.
    Me too, I have a 6 year old Panasonic plasma and the picture quality is awesome. Looking forward to performance improvement.
    I'm definitely warming to the idea of buying one just for the boost in performance.

Startin' to get sick of playing a WWE game and having the performance drop to ridiculous levels when there's more than 4 guys on screen. Whatever engine Yuke's uses, it just cannot handle it.

From the previews I have read, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference for the HDTV owners. Am I missing something? 500 is a lot for some minor improvements?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I was just in GameStop.
    Trade-ins as of today are (all one S)
    500GB - 140
    1TB - 170
    2TB - 175 (yes, a 5er more for an extra terabyte)

I was told the 50% extra trade-in credit doesn't apply to consoles. Even though this link says otherwise - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159308399605062&id=273761945061

Again, was told there will be trade in deals on the One X but they haven't been announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

FutureGuy wrote: »
    From the previews I have read, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference for the HDTV owners. Am I missing something? 500 is a lot for some minor improvements?

It's geared really towards those who have 4K/HDR with the bonus of a boost in performance.

But I'll take the performance boost at this stage as well as the extra storage capacity and its size. I have a launch model Xbox One and it's way too big and bulky to be carrying up and down Kilkenny with me every weekend as well as my aforementioned loss of patience for some games that have terrible slowdown when they really shouldn't. I'm due an upgrade at this point - picture quality and resolution means nothing to me. My LED 32" is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hi guys, quick question on voltage (conflicting info elsewhere) Can I use an Xbox One S purchased this year in Ireland, in Canada without issue?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Hi guys, quick question on voltage (conflicting info elsewhere) Can I use an Xbox One S purchased this year in Ireland, in Canada without issue?

Yes. Plugs might be different, but that's all. Pick up a plug adapter, or just get a Canadian figure 8 cord.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's all going to depend on the game really, and how much effort the developer is willing to put in. For example, Gears 4 will have a 1080p 60FPS mode, with 4k textures and enhanced effects. That's a doubling of the frame rate, plus enhancements. Shadow of War will downsample it's output, so the image will be much better quality than what you'd get on a One/One S, including clearer textures, improved draw distance, better shadows.

It's all quality of life stuff really, but yes, 500 is a bit steep. It'll be a bit less after trade in though...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gears 4 gets up to 60fps in the campaign and horde mode, plus increased draw distance.
    4k tv owners get HDR & Higher res textures.

TBH, I'd nearly always choose performance over visuals, so the X makes more sense to me for a 1080 tv

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Decided to buy Doom at argos for 12 later.
    Main reason being it's getting X enhancement to 4k60 according to Wiki.

Anyone know if that's going to be there for Nov 7th, or later on down the line? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    I was just in GameStop.
    Trade-ins as of today are (all one S)
    500GB - 140
    1TB - 170
    2TB - 175 (yes, a 5er more for an extra terabyte)

I was told the 50% extra trade-in credit doesn't apply to consoles. Even though this link says otherwise - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159308399605062&id=273761945061

Again, was told there will be trade in deals on the One X but they haven't been announced yet.

Whats the availability of XBox X's out there Santa will be delivering it to me this Christmas but I havent pre ordered it yet. And I'm what they call an early adopter :o but slipped up here.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,957 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Whats the availability of XBox X's out there Santa will be delivering it to me this Christmas but I havent pre ordered it yet. And I'm what they call an early adopter :o but slipped up here.

I'd doubt they will sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd doubt they will sell out.

Correct because at more then double the cost of what you can buy a one s bundle for this thing is for the hardcore gamers only and those with console buying addictions :-), too be honest I already have a One S and a PS4 Pro so for me I am gonna jump on a switch this christmas and see if the one x drops in price in the new year. Spending €500 for prettier graphics just seems nuts to me. Now if there was One X exclusive games that would be a different matter all together.

Correct because at more then double the cost of what you can buy a one s bundle for this thing is for the hardcore gamers only and those with console buying addictions :-), too be honest I already have a One S and a PS4 Pro so for me I am gonna jump on a switch this christmas and see if the one x drops in price in the new year. Spending €500 for prettier graphics just seems nuts to me. Now if there was One X exclusive games that would be a different matter all together.

Did you not pay €400/€450 for prettier graphics with the Pro? That has no exclusives either.

Same with PC gamers dropping big money on the best graphics cards.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Respectfully, PC gamers dropping big money on high end graphics cards are a niche market, but if that's what you're getting at then you're totally right.

Respectfully, PC gamers dropping big money on high end graphics cards are a niche market, but if that's what you're getting at then you're totally right.

Same as the X will be. The X and Pro are good things because they give people a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Ok, just got an email notification.

From the GameStop website...

"Trade in any Software, Hardware of Accessory against the Xbox One X and get a massive 50% Extra Trade Credit"
    https://www.gamestop.ie/xbox-one-console-bundles

Also,

"Get Forza 7 for only €25 when you buy an Xbox One X at launch"
    https://www.gamestop.ie/XboxOneX

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

how much is a midrange graphics graphics card these days? about 200?

how much is a midrange graphics graphics card these days? about 200?

Between €200 and €350 depending on manufacturer and model.

Did you not pay €400/€450 for prettier graphics with the Pro? That has no exclusives either.

Yup I did but the pro was mainly for the increased performance when using VR so in that case it made sense. Plus the Pro was only €400 so it was a more reasonable price to pay after trading in my original ps4.

Yup I did but the pro was mainly for the increased performance when using VR so in that case it made sense. Plus the Pro was only €400 so it was a more reasonable price to pay after trading in my original ps4.

I thought the Pro was €450? I've used the PSVR on my brother's Pro and while it's cool it's not for me.

• Advertisement

I thought the Pro was €450? I've used the PSVR on my brother's Pro and while it's cool it's not for me.

No it was €400

LONDON, 10th November, 2016 – Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe (SIEE) today launched PlayStation®4 Pro (PS4™ Pro), a high-end system that supports cutting-edge imaging technology to make games look richer and more detailed than ever before. PS4 Pro, which supports dynamic 4K gaming and 4K entertainment* is now available across Europe, the Middle East, South Africa and Australasia at a suggested retail price of EURO €399, GBP £349, AUD $559, R6999. Blockbuster PS4 games, including Call Of Duty®: Infinite Warfare (Activision), Ratchet & Clank™, The Last of Us™ Remastered, and Uncharted™ 4: A Thief’s End (SIE Worldwide Studios), have been updated to take advantage of PS4 Pro’s increased power, taking the graphics and visual experience to all new heights.

No it was €400

LONDON, 10th November, 2016 – Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe (SIEE) today launched PlayStation®4 Pro (PS4™ Pro), a high-end system that supports cutting-edge imaging technology to make games look richer and more detailed than ever before. PS4 Pro, which supports dynamic 4K gaming and 4K entertainment* is now available across Europe, the Middle East, South Africa and Australasia at a suggested retail price of EURO €399, GBP £349, AUD $559, R6999. Blockbuster PS4 games, including Call Of Duty®: Infinite Warfare (Activision), Ratchet & Clank™, The Last of Us™ Remastered, and Uncharted™ 4: A Thief’s End (SIE Worldwide Studios), have been updated to take advantage of PS4 Pro’s increased power, taking the graphics and visual experience to all new heights.

Maybe he bought some Bundle or something then because I definitely remember him saying it was €450.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Inviere

Seems to be Scorpio Edition X's for preorder on Amazon.co.uk at the mo

Inviere wrote: »
    Seems to be Scorpio Edition X's for preorder on Amazon.co.uk at the mo

And they're gone.

£119.99 for a 4TB Xbox branded Seagate portable HDD with 2 months Game Pass.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Special-Portable-2-5-inch-External/dp/B071HXZX2C/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

And they're gone.

£119.99 for a 4TB Xbox branded Seagate portable HDD with 2 months Game Pass.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Special-Portable-2-5-inch-External/dp/B071HXZX2C/

£90 for the 2TB does not make sense

In case anyone still had any belief left in Kinect, here's the final nail

https://twitter.com/thurrott/status/923173916750860289

It's officially ceased production.

Off you go now Kinect, off into that good night. I, for one, will miss you, despite your occasional jankiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CatInABox wrote: »
    In case anyone still had any belief left in Kinect, here's the final nail

https://twitter.com/thurrott/status/923173916750860289

It's officially ceased production.

Off you go now Kinect, off into that good night. I, for one, will miss you, despite your occasional jankiness.

wet-don.gif

• So with the gamestop trade deal, how much do you currently get if you trade an Xbox One S into gamestop?
    Then add 50% back to that I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I still use mine daily for signing in and voice commands, then Skype the auld pair maybe once a week or more.

We all knew this was coming, they should at least have built a mic into the console.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So with the gamestop trade deal, how much do you currently get if you trade an Xbox One S into gamestop?
    Then add 50% back to that I assume.

€140 for the 500GB One S and an extra €70 bonus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement