Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One (M8) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,173 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i was having trouble with my wifi. It was disconnecting from my wifi and then telling me it couldn't connect to the neighbours. So I set it to forget the neighbours wifi (i've never ever connected to it so don't know why it was trying) and since i have done that it has connected and stayed connected to my wifi no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Anyone else having an issue with delays while typing a text message - keyboard freezes then catches up on all the letters in one go

Sorry i updated now, phone was working perfect up to yesterday. lagging when opening texts now and typing texts as described above. If i could rollback id do it immediately.

Regarding wifi, we have noticed with some of the builds that were coming out that if you have loads of saved networks, connecting to a network can take forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

I'm having an issue with maps, don't know if it's an issue with maps or the update but I can't get Street view and I keep getting can't connect messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Hey guys. So im having a problem with my mic. People cannot hear me in phone calls. They say it sounds distant and crackly. I brought it into meteor and they said because it has 2 dents on it (which happened in the first week i got it...have it about 4 months now) HTC will say its out of warranty. I have insurance but its 70 euro I have to pay to get it repaired. Anyone know if HTC make exceptions for the mic or anything as I saw that other people were having problems with the mic. So annoying as I know the dents arent the reason for the failing mic. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

richy wrote: »
    Hey guys. So im having a problem with my mic. People cannot hear me in phone calls. They say it sounds distant and crackly. I brought it into meteor and they said because it has 2 dents on it (which happened in the first week i got it...have it about 4 months now) HTC will say its out of warranty. I have insurance but its 70 euro I have to pay to get it repaired. Anyone know if HTC make exceptions for the mic or anything as I saw that other people were having problems with the mic. So annoying as I know the dents arent the reason for the failing mic. Thanks

So someone at Meteor says that HTC will say warranty is out and you believe them?

I'd be taking none of that, get it back to HTC and see what they say, if they say warranty is voided because of the dents then they'll tell you that, and the cost, before they start work, nothing to lose on your part

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

The mic problem is a known issue. Take no crap from meteor

Hey guys thanks for that. Ill try HTC. The guy in meteor said that he knows from experience that they wont repair it if there is any visible damage on it but I will try them anyway, Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

I got the 5.01 update for my M8 a few days ago (Vodafone). While I'm not entirely unhappy with it, there are minor issues, such as the white background on notifications.

More serious, though, is the lack of notifications on the lock screen. Has anyone else encountered this? Even if I set it to show all notification content, I get nothing at all. Not even in the notification bar can I see even the icon of the app causing the notification.

pdebarra wrote: »
    I got the 5.01 update for my M8 a few days ago (Vodafone). While I'm not entirely unhappy with it, there are minor issues, such as the white background on notifications.

More serious, though, is the lack of notifications on the lock screen. Has anyone else encountered this? Even if I set it to show all notification content, I get nothing at all. Not even in the notification bar can I see even the icon of the app causing the notification.

Lock screen notifications work fine here.

• Advertisement

So got in contact with HTC. They said I have to send back the phone to have the dent repaired ( and have to pay for it) then they will repair the mic. WTF kinda policy is this. Anyway just gonna go with the insurance as it is the much cheaper option. Have to pay like 70 quid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Has anyone noticed since the android update that you keep getting directed to the playstore getting prompted to download gaming apps? Any way to stop this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

richy wrote:
    So got in contact with HTC. They said I have to send back the phone to have the dent repaired ( and have to pay for it) then they will repair the mic. WTF kinda policy is this. Anyway just gonna go with the insurance as it is the much cheaper option. Have to pay like 70 quid for it.

What insurance is that so we know to avoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Still no Lollipop update for my unlocked Hong Kong M8, not that it bothers me as I'll more than likely get the M9 in April if it lives up to the hype.

Chill I think. It was organised when I was buying the phone. 12.99 a month. Found it for like 7 a month online at a later date but it was too late

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

richy wrote: »
    Chill I think. It was organised when I was buying the phone. 12.99 a month. Found it for like 7 a month online at a later date but it was too late

Most insurance on phones will have a highish excess on a M8.

You can cancel all (that I'm aware of) insurance on phones if you give 30 days notice. I change companies regularly for my M8.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SeanM01

With Vodafone and got my lollipop update 3days ago. I'm not a fan. I really don't like the new two swipes to get to the pull down menu.

Some of the problems I've had with mine over the past year are...

1. Terrible signal, I've been in a room of people on various networks and I'm the only one with no GSM signal. Emergency calls only.
    2. Constant WiFi disconnects. I only really notice this at home so I'm still suspicious of my upc broadband.
    3. Its fried two 32gb sd cards for unknown reasons. All pictures and music gone.
    4. Dot View case fell apart after a week of standard use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

SeanM01 wrote: »
    With Vodafone and got my lollipop update 3days ago. I'm not a fan. I really don't like the new two swipes to get to the pull down menu.

Some of the problems I've had with mine over the past year are...

1. Terrible signal, I've been in a room of people on various networks and I'm the only one with no GSM signal. Emergency calls only.
    2. Constant WiFi disconnects. I only really notice this at home so I'm still suspicious of my upc broadband.
    3. Its fried two 32gb sd cards for unknown reasons. All pictures and music gone.
    4. Dot View case fell apart after a week of standard use.
    For the pull down menu, swipe down from the left edge of the screen, that brings the quick menu buttons up, without needing the second swipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SeanM01

Meesared wrote: »
    For the pull down menu, swipe down from the left edge of the screen, that brings the quick menu buttons up, without needing the second swipe.

Left edge isn't working for me for some reason. Its two swipes while on the home screen but it only takes one on the lock screen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Left edge isn't working for me for some reason. Its two swipes while on the home screen but it only takes one on the lock screen
    Working fine for me, odd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Try swiping down with two fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Yea I found I had to swipe down further with two fingers than I used to.

Alternatively you can tap on the date/time to expand the menu out when the notification bar is pulled down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 woody19

Anyone notice their front camera going cloudy? Mine definitely isn't as clear as it was when I first bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

woody19 wrote: »
    Anyone notice their front camera going cloudy? Mine definitely isn't as clear as it was when I first bought it.

I had that issue recently and came to this thread too. I was recommended to dab a little toothpaste on it to clear it up. I used a cotton bud. There was a difference alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bafled

A drop of water on the camera lens and then use the corner of a credit card to clean the film off the lens .

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bafled

A drop of water on the camera lens and then use the corner of a credit card to clean the film off the lens , also works .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Meesared wrote: »
    Working fine for me, odd

Doesn't work for me either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Anyone know how to remove power saver notification from the lock screen on lollipop. I still want to see other apps notifications just not power saver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Downloading Lollipop on my Three M8 as we speak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Anyone get the WiFi error?? Im not able to turn the interface on. is there any fix available.

I'm rooted BTW

Advertisement