Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One (M8) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

In the process of downloading it on a Vodafone M8.

One cool feature I noticed is the background image on lock screens if you're using netflix/spotify as it shows tv show/album art.

Just got the update on vodafone. Downloading it now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Just checked now and downloading it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Lock screen is cool, shows notifications and you can interact with them by double tapping.

Found one thing that could be annoying. The 'recent apps' button will bring up all recent apps in a different format (card layout instead of a grid) but there's no longer a way to close all of them at once like you used to be able do.
    Unless I've completely missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I'm on an old version of InsertCoin ROM and have been waiting for this update to be released so I start using the more up to date versions. Does anyone have a copy of the RUU, and if so, would they have a few pointers on what to do from there to upgrade my device.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Caliden wrote: »
    Lock screen is cool, shows notifications and you can interact with them by double tapping.

Found one thing that could be annoying. The 'recent apps' button will bring up all recent apps in a different format (card layout instead of a grid) but there's no longer a way to close all of them at once like you used to be able do.

No, it's a feature of lollipop. It is bad for battery management to be clearing all your recent apps, and then restarting them from scratch next time you use a frequently used app. Lollipop is trying to force you into better battery management practices.

Various custom roms provide a "solution" if you want to keep that the close all apps feature

Caliden wrote: »

You can change it to HTC grid by using 3 dot menu when in recent apps. If you can't see the menu, then try putting your phone in landscape.

Killing apps for memory and battery management with android is generally a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Must be a result of update to Lollipop.
    I have a pattern set up to unlock the phone and I can just wake the phone to that screen,
    it wakes up to the lock screen where you have to drag the padlock up.

I previously had it just waking up to where you enter the pattern.
    Anybody else use this sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Same for me, downloading Lollipop on my Unlocked M8 on Meteor now, hopefully I don't regret it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

My update starts to install then dies after about 25% of the install process on my M8. I have a custom recovery but I reflashed a stock one to install the update. Any suggestions ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Render from Evleaks on twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8cIdk3CYAEzATg.png:orig

Considering his track record on phones as regards what they'll look like, I'd consider this very valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

skodacb wrote: »
    Render from Evleaks on twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8cIdk3CYAEzATg.png:orig

Considering his track record on phones as regards what they'll look like, I'd consider this very valid.

The one on the right is beautiful, the one the left is just vulgar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

It goes: HTC Sensation (2011) > HTC One M7 (2013) > HTC One M8 (2014) > HTC One M9 (2015)
    From left to right, in terms of HTC flagship leaks from EVLeaks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Beautiful looking phone if it turns out to be it;

Captura-de-pantalla-2015-01-28-a-las-16.17.09.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Beautiful looking phone if it turns out to be it;

Captura-de-pantalla-2015-01-28-a-las-16.17.09.png

Hopefully it's not too big either. I'm in limbo with my upgrade at the minute.

I had planned on the nexus 6. But the fact it dwarfs my current note 3 I'm now 3 months waiting for an upgrade, and I'm nearly tempted to try an iPhone 6 😕.

If that leaked picture is the new htc, I think ill get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Hopefully it's not too big either.

With it being in two different sizes it should be able to suit most people thankfully. I wonder how the new physical home button will be received on the larger model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

NUTZZ wrote: »
    With it being in two different sizes it should be able to suit most people thankfully. I wonder how the new physical home button will be received on the larger model.

Some of the review s seem very poor, saying Samsung better, how can you have a proper review without either finished product but at the same time I would not follow blindly

Must be a result of update to Lollipop.
    I have a pattern set up to unlock the phone and I can just wake the phone to that screen,
    it wakes up to the lock screen where you have to drag the padlock up.

I previously had it just waking up to where you enter the pattern.
    Anybody else use this sequence.

Yeah, that's a side effect of them rushing the lollipop update. This feature has been removed, but hopefully it returns for sense 7.

Meesared wrote: »
    It goes: HTC Sensation (2011) > HTC One M7 (2013) > HTC One M8 (2014) > HTC One M9 (2015)
    From left to right, in terms of HTC flagship leaks from EVLeaks

First one is supposedly the HTC edge. I've had about 10 HTC phones, including the sensation, and mine didn't look like that....Had to Google it!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

sword1 wrote: »
    Some of the review s seem very poor, saying Samsung better, how can you have a proper review without either finished product but at the same time I would not follow blindly

Apparently it's not an actual physical home button in the style of Samsung's flagships just merely a fingerprint sensor, so it'll be more like Apple's touch ID in implementation compared to Samsung's sliding fingerprint.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Just installed Android Lollipop on my M8, The update became available this evening on Meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Where on earth are you seeing reviews for a phone noone outside of HTC has seen in the flesh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Just downloading update on my unlocked HTC One M8.

Hopefully 3 customers don't have the usual inexplicable massive delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

threein99 wrote: »
    My update starts to install then dies after about 25% of the install process on my M8 and the red exclamation mark over a pic of the phone appears . I have a custom recovery but I reflashed a stock one to install the update. Any suggestions ? I've unrooted the phone as well the

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

What version of Lollipop is everyone getting? Is it the 5.0.2?

MoodeRator wrote: »
    What version of Lollipop is everyone getting? Is it the 5.0.2?

I'll tell you in a minute... the installation process is quite long!

It's 5.0.1

For some reason I got another free 100GB of Google Drive storage thrown in for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

SpaceTime wrote: »
    It's 5.0.1

For some reason I got another free 100GB of Google Drive storage thrown in for free.

Lads I updated last night and had an issue with Wifi after. My phone is unlocked with no custom roms or any mods. After I updated it wouldn't connect to my home wifi. I googled it and found some people were having this issue after the update. So I did a few simple things people recommended like change the wifi frequency, update all the apps, and forget and reconnect to network. None worked, so I figured that it needed to be restored. I didn't restore yet and I went into work this morning to find it connected to my work wifi with no issues. All my other devices worked fine on my home wifi last night, and when I went into wifi settings on my M8 it looks as if my wifi scanner was having issues. Very odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭jones

Three are horrendous for releasing updates always the last network to release any update

• Advertisement

Try just deleting the WiFi connection and reconnecting as if it's new. It's possibly some minor glitch.

No bugs on mine so far but I'm not sure I love the UI changes.

Advertisement