Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One (M8) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Does the M8 have an sd card slot? Or only the M9?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Does the M8 have an sd card slot? Or only the M9?

Both

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Anyone got a recommendation for getting an m8 unlock code? I've asked vodafone but they don't seem to be able to give me one, even though I'm eligible for it.

I'm hoping to get one in the next few days as I have the phone for sale and think it would open up my base for potential buyers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Anyone got a recommendation for getting an m8 unlock code? I've asked vodafone but they don't seem to be able to give me one, even though I'm eligible for it.

I'm hoping to get one in the next few days as I have the phone for sale and think it would open up my base for potential buyers.

€3 on eBay for a code.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    €3 on eBay for a code.

Any links to reputable sellers?

• Advertisement

I'd pursue Vodafone for the code... You are entitled to it and the fact that they can't seem to find it smells like bull****...

Why should you have to give your credit card details over to some Chinese eBay hacker because Vodafone can't or won't fulfill their responsibility.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I'd pursue Vodafone for the code... You are entitled to it and the fact that they can't seem to find it smells like bull****...

Why should you have to give your credit card details over to some Chinese eBay hacker because Vodafone can't or won't fulfill their responsibility.

I've been in contact with them a lot recently about it however since they've moved their customer care to Egypt it's not so easy get stuff done. At this stage I don't really mind paying a few quid to get the code as I'm sure I'll make it back on the sale of the phone.

Making it difficult for you to get the unlock code is actually a tactic they have used for years... I hope your credit card details aren't ripped off while you purchase something that belongs to you anyway...

BTW, why do people still do business with Vodafone? They are massively overpriced and you can't even argue anymore that they have better customer service... Since its been moved to the middle east and they can't even seem to provide basic info that their customers are entitled to...

Rumours that the One M9 plus will be released in the far east next week...

5.5 inch quad display etc.
    Killer 'HTC One E9' To Feature 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, 64-Bit Processor, 20 MP Camera And More
    http://au.ibtimes.com/killer-htc-one-e9-feature-55-inch-quad-hd-display-64-bit-processor-20-mp-camera-more-1427564
    I'm still going for the M9, coz I don't like giant screens. But might pick up a couple of the Plus sized model to sell on... I reckon there should be a demand and the price of the euro might make it worthwhile...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,265 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

5.5 screen too big to carry around.

The 5 is big enough imo, I'd almost prefer the M7 size to the M8 actually

• Advertisement

Yeh, tbh I moved from a Butterfly to the M7 and prefer the size of the M7... The butterfly somehow felt smoother and faster, but my M7 is no slouch.

I'll move to the 5" screen, but would be reluctant to go any larger...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I keep getting a pop saying my phone is using too much power and it can't charge, or words to that effect. Any ideas? Sometimes it charges fine, other times it doesn't charge at all even with no apps open..!!

Why the headphone jack on the bottom? Do all HTC's have this? Seems to cause more issues with wire entanglement for me.

Why the headphone jack on the bottom? Do all HTC's have this? Seems to cause more issues with wire entanglement for me.

Why? Just put the phone in your pocket upsaide down... It's actually more intuative when you take it out to look at the screen. When you are holding it in your hand the wire does not cross the screen.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Why? Just put the phone in your pocket upsaide down... It's actually more intuative when you take it out to look at the screen. When you are holding it in your hand the wire does not cross the screen.

True that, was just my first reaction when opening the phone but haven't used it with my earphones too much yet. Makes sense though.

A bit late to the game on this and rather than going through the entire thread any reccomendations on cases for it?

There's two official cases... The dotview flip case which gets great reviews which has an interactive display front face... And the new waterproof case... Some of the UK carriers are giving the dotview free with the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anybody having a keyboard issue since the update? Every couple of days i go to write something and no keyboard comes up, have to reset the phone, bit of a pain in the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

scudzilla wrote: »
    Anybody having a keyboard issue since the update? Every couple of days i go to write something and no keyboard comes up, have to reset the phone, bit of a pain in the hole

Yeah I've had that once or twice. I use the SwiftKey keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

threein99 wrote: »

seen this once with google keyboard myself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

threein99 wrote: »
    phill106 wrote: »
    seen this once with google keyboard myself

Yeah, was using the google keyboard, just installed swiftkey, see how that goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

anyone try getting sense 7 on the m8 yet? seen some stuff on xda about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Happened to me twice with swiftkey. Had to restart the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Would rooting the M8 make the battery life any better?
    I've noticed a few emulators and wifi in general are draining the battery somewhat fast; I've disabled any apps I can and googled for any battery saving hints I could find. I'm not sure if I was expecting more out of it.
    It's not that battery is faulty or anything. But I thought I'd get more than 5-6 hours of internet on it with battery saving enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Has anyone been unlucky enough to smash their screen? Just happened me this morning :( HTC M8 ... wondering if anyone has had repairs done, where and how much?

Has anyone been unlucky enough to smash their screen? Just happened me this morning :( HTC M8 ... wondering if anyone has had repairs done, where and how much?

Don't HTC offer you one free repair?

I bought the phone through Three, I don't have the receipt anymore :/ It woud be just shy of 6 months ago

I bought the phone through Three, I don't have the receipt anymore :/ It woud be just shy of 6 months ago

They would surely have the purchase on record, by searching the IMEI. It would be scanned at the till when you bought it.

I bought it over the phone pretty much, it was an upgrade. They never sent out any actual receipt, the price of the phone just added to a bill. Would I have to send this to three, and they send it to HTC? I remember having a nightmare in the past trying to get a phone repaired through them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Don't HTC offer you one free repair?

Only US customers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I bought it over the phone pretty much, it was an upgrade. They never sent out any actual receipt, the price of the phone just added to a bill. Would I have to send this to three, and they send it to HTC? I remember having a nightmare in the past trying to get a phone repaired through them

Yep I broke my screen, Got it replaced for 140 yoyos

Advertisement