Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One (M8) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

skeg16 wrote: »
    Anyone get the WiFi error?? Im not able to turn the interface on. is there any fix available.

I'm rooted BTW

I'm also rooted. Didn't have the wifi issue but had to flash with stock recovery to get the ota update.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PPPT5J8xG6w

Anyone get the WiFi error?? Im not able to turn the interface on. is there any fix available.

I'm rooted BTW

There are reported issues with wifi on lollipop, but one major wifi issue is when you flash one of the later ROMs without upgrading your firmware. All ROMs would warn you of this, however, and this problem dates back a few months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Basil3 wrote: »
    There are reported issues with wifi on lollipop, but one major wifi issue is when you flash one of the later ROMs without upgrading your firmware. All ROMs would warn you of this, however, and this problem dates back a few months now.

Any tips on upgrading my firmware. Have half an idea, but not 100% sure. My CID is VODAP001

Any tips on upgrading my firmware. Have half an idea, but not 100% sure. My CID is VODAP001

Two options:

1. Pay for sunshine s-off, superCID, flash latest firmware.

2. Revert to stock completely (including recovery). Receive OTA from your provider.

There's guides on XDA, but personally I recommend option 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I had wi-fi issues in the past,but that's cleared with the last update.I have noticed battery life had gotten worse though,anyone else notice this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

THanks, I've read something about this wifi issue but I presumed I would be ok once its OTA and I'm using the stock recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Two options:

1. Pay for sunshine s-off, superCID, flash latest firmware.

2. Revert to stock completely (including recovery). Receive OTA from your provider.

There's guides on XDA, but personally I recommend option 1.

Thanks for that. Sunshine not working as I don't have a Stock ROM...using InsertCoin. I still have a copy of the Stock Vodafone Backup I think. Can I just flash that and download the OTA, and then flash the latest version of InsertCoin? Or am I missing something here?

THanks, I've read something about this wifi issue but I presumed I would be ok once its OTA and I'm using the stock recovery.

If you received an official OTA from HTC or your carrier, then you shouldn't have the major wifi issue. Some people have had problems where they have lots of networks saved in their network list.
    Thanks for that. Sunshine not working as I don't have a Stock ROM...using InsertCoin. I still have a copy of the Stock Vodafone Backup I think. Can I just flash that and download the OTA, and then flash the latest version of InsertCoin? Or am I missing something here?

Restoring your stock backup should work. I think I managed to get s-off with Maximus, but it was a long time ago.

Once you have s-off, you can basically flash anything. You will need to flash latest firmware, then matching ROM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭jones

Quick question lads, I am with three but lost my phone and received a new one through threes insurance. I have been waiting for the lollipop update from three which was released yesterday but no sign of it on my phone.

I checked my CID and turns out its VODAP001 so clearly the phone was a Vodafone phone at some point. My phone doesn't appear to be network locked as I can put a Vodafone sim in no problem.

How does the phone decide what update applies? I have tried both Vodafone and three sims to check for updates and both say my phone is up to date on 4.4.4. I haven't rooted the phone yet as I was waiting for the OTA lollipop update first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Anyone found anything decent in the update? I'm not that impressed by it.

I have a date and temp app running in notifcations but they now display on my lock screen which I don't want any way to disable on lock screen but leave in notification bar? Clicking hide sensative data didn't work.

Also my viber messages aren't showing up in my notification bar when I receive a txt only viber logo, anyway to change this? There was a setting in viber for "smart notifications" that I changed before but it's still disabled and not working now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Has anyone else found battery life has taken a big hit since the update

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

corkgsxr wrote: »

Sometimes updates can do things like rename "GPS" to "Location Services" and flip it on unknown and unnoticed. An extra radio knocks hell out of the battery.

corkgsxr wrote: »

After the update my battery-life halved. I checked the power usage and one app which I wasn't even using, was taking huge amounts of power.(which it wasn't before the update.) Deleted the app and the battery was never better.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

For those mentioning reduced battery life after the update to lollipop download "CPU spy" and check if your phone is entering the "deep sleep" state as it should when locked.

I noticed I had major battery issues after updating and it was becuase my phone was refusing to enter the sleep state, it was sitting on a low clock speed the whole time. I'm not sure if this was due to an application error or lollipop update. I wiped my phone and the problem went away, my battery only lost 30% after 16 hours of light usage today. :eek:

Keep in mind that I'm running all stock and your phone wont ever deep sleep while charging! :P Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I see ViperOneM8 4.0 (Lollipop) came out today.
    That was my preferred ROM in the Kitkat days, so I'll change to that later this week.

Just need to change from my GPE ROM first - seems unnecessarily complicated to change it back to a 'regular' edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Think I may already be on the necessary GPE ROM, so might give that a go this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got it working last night. If you have any questions I'm happy to help.

FWIW, I used the instructions in this thread, but I used the Lollipop firmware (4.16.401.10) instead of the firmware in the OP, and I didn't do a factory reset (which was one of his steps).

I did a full wipe from TWRP instead and installed Viper 4 from there.

Up and running now, no problems.

Any questions, just shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

judging by all these posts I assume I should hold off on the ota lollipop update ? (non-rooted) Only got the phone on tuesday .. Lollipop keeps popping up to update !!

ianob7 wrote: »
    judging by all these posts I assume I should hold off on the ota lollipop update ? (non-rooted) Only got the phone on tuesday .. Lollipop keeps popping up to update !!

I updated as soon as it was available. Absolutely no problems at all. Prefer the new update and slight battery life improvement. Especially like the lock screen notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

ianob7 wrote: »

You can get rid of that popup on the notification centre by long pressing on it, then tap 'App Info', and then tap 'force stop'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

NUTZZ wrote: »
    You can get rid of that popup on the notification centre by long pressing on it, then tap 'App Info', and then tap 'force stop'.

You can't if the annoying notification is that Power Saver is enabled (the basic one). You need root to be able to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

You can't if the annoying notification is that Power Saver is enabled (the basic one). You need root to be able to do that.

I meant the Software Update popup?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Albas

Has anyone had an issue with no service? My M8 is showing full bars, but I can't dial, text or use data?
    Vodafone says coverage is fine, that it must be my phone.
    Google has been no help, so just wondering if anyone here has a fix???

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Albas wrote: »
    Has anyone had an issue with no service? My M8 is showing full bars, but I can't dial, text or use data?
    Vodafone says coverage is fine, that it must be my phone.
    Google has been no help, so just wondering if anyone here has a fix???

Try removing the sim and sticking it back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Albas

Try removing the sim and sticking it back in.
    Yeah tried that, along with the usual restart, turning on & off airplane mode, turning off data & wifi,
    It just seems odd to have no service with full bars, thought someone else might have had the same issue? I'll have to maybe try a new sim and see if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Albas wrote: »
    Google has been no help

ha, did you ring their head office or something :P
    this reminds me of people who get calls from Microsoft....like they are concerned about the average Joe LOL

Mr E wrote: »
    but I used the Lollipop firmware (4.16.401.10) instead of the firmware in the OP

Already had this firmware installed from the last version of Viper I'd installed, so was good to go. Titanium backup all the apps, then a backup from twrp, and installed with a full wipe. Working great so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

ha, did you ring their head office or something :P
    this reminds me of people who get calls from Microsoft....like they are concerned about the average Joe LOL

I think he meant "Google search" LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,107 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

This wifi issue driving me crazy.

I'm on viperrom 4.0.0 because when I try to update the newer builds it crashes after install.

I'm on the latest build 4.16.401.10 I assume that's the right one?

Has anyone been able to fix the constant dropping of connection?

• Advertisement

Not experienced that issue at all, but I didn't go to 4.0.0, went straight to 4.1.0

Advertisement