Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One (M8) Thread

Options

Comments

kevez wrote: »
    I had viper Rom on my m8 and restored it to stock with stock recovery and would only update to 4.4.3 then says phone is up to date😠 can anyone help with this pls

Reach in your pocket, pull out $25, get sunshine s-off and forget about all that messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

It is s-off if I put a 4.4.4 Rom on it the WiFi breaks I know there is a way to put the latest viper Rom on it with s-off but it looks way to complicated for me plus s-off was free for me with firewater ðŸ˜႒

kevez wrote: »
    It is s-off if I put a 4.4.4 Rom on it the WiFi breaks I know there is a way to put the latest viper Rom on it with s-off but it looks way to complicated for me plus s-off was free for me with firewater ðŸ˜႒

Well if you are s-off with broken WiFi, then you need to update your firmware.

XDA not working for me, but search for firmware thread by Sneakyghost in M8 Android Development section.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Is there any way to make the screen light up for a few seconds when you receive a notification such as an SMS or Viber?

I've seen some apps that do it but are quite battery draining so I was hoping there might be an option built into Android or Sense already.

Digidol wrote: »
    Is there any way to make the screen light up for a few seconds when you receive a notification such as an SMS or Viber?

I've seen some apps that do it but are quite battery draining so I was hoping there might be an option built into Android or Sense already.

Custom ROMs like Viper have it, but wouldn't say it's available with stock, requires framework modifications.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I use Handcent for SMS, there are settings on it to light the screen

I installed the Screen Notifications app after good reviews and its seems to be doing the job I wanted!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

Digidol wrote: »
    I installed the Screen Notifications app after good reviews and its seems to be doing the job I wanted!

How is the impact on battery?

trev44 wrote: »
    How is the impact on battery?

Almost non existent, I love the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Can you turn this yok into a portable hotspot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Liamalone wrote: »
    Can you turn this yok into a portable hotspot?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Hi there,
    Been using Dropbox to back up my photos and been great.
    Whenever i took a photo it automatically backed up to dropbox when in WIFI.

My dropbox is going to start costing me soon so have free space on google drive.

My question can i do same with google drive ?

Thx,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Hi there,
    Been using Dropbox to back up my photos and been great.
    Whenever i took a photo it automatically backed up to dropbox when in WIFI.

My dropbox is going to start costing me soon so have free space on google drive.

My question can i do same with google drive ?

Thx,

Just use Google+ to auto backup your photos, it is free and does NOT use any of your Google Drive storage if you let it upload at standard size:
    https://support.google.com/plus/topic/3052592?hl=en&ref_topic=3049663

Has anyone tried the Lollipop GPE ROMs that are available? I highly recommend it, really like the feel of Lollipop. Still have to go back to Sense though, missed my venom tweaks too much!

On another note, MKBHD smartphone awards 2014 were a few days days ago. Guess what he gave phone of the year?

http://youtu.be/f6pPIG3EvAs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭micks_address

Basil3 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Lollipop GPE ROMs that are available? I highly recommend it, really like the feel of Lollipop. Still have to go back to Sense though, missed my venom tweaks too much!

On another note, MKBHD smartphone awards 2014 were a few days days ago. Guess what he gave phone of the year?

http://youtu.be/f6pPIG3EvAs

I did the full gpe rom conversion few months ago and updated to lollipop over the weekend.. It's grand but doesn't really offer much in terms of newness apart from look and feel. Phone takes longer to boot.. One or two apps complained but other than that working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

I did the full gpe rom conversion few months ago and updated to lollipop over the weekend.. It's grand but doesn't really offer much in terms of newness apart from look and feel. Phone takes longer to boot.. One or two apps complained but other than that working fine

Did this come OTA? I also did the full gpe conversion and am still waiting.

pedatron wrote: »
    Did this come OTA? I also did the full gpe conversion and am still waiting.

Why not just flash the GPE lollipop RUU available on XDA? Full conversion and latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭micks_address

Basil3 wrote: »
    Why not just flash the GPE lollipop RUU available on XDA? Full conversion and latest version.

That's what i did

Can't connect to wifi for some reason. When I try to turn it on, it's like it's searching but not finding anything. The bars on the wifi symbol go up and down as if it's searching but finds nothing and stays off, any ideas?

Also I obviously downloaded something with Adware, every few hours an add takes over the screen and has to be closed. Is there a way to find out what is causing it?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Can't connect to wifi for some reason. When I try to turn it on, it's like it's searching but not finding anything. The bars on the wifi symbol go up and down as if it's searching but finds nothing and stays off, any ideas?

Also I obviously downloaded something with Adware, every few hours an add takes over the screen and has to be closed. Is there a way to find out what is causing it?

Are you rooted?

There used to be an app that specifically scanned for that stuff, can't remember the name.

I just tried malwarebytes anti-malware from the play store, did a scan on my device and got the all-clear.

• Advertisement

Nope, not rooted

Will try that now, cheers

Nope, not rooted

Will try that now, cheers

Another you could try is Airpush Detector

Scanned with AVG, Malwarebytes and air lush and didn't find anything. Whatever about the add but the WiFi is the main problem!!

Thanks for your help though :)

Scanned with AVG, Malwarebytes and air lush and didn't find anything. Whatever about the add but the WiFi is the main problem!!

Thanks for your help though :)

I'm good at solving problems for people who are rooted, useless with people who aren't....sorry!

No bother, thanks anyway :)

Added a screen shot. When I turn/press wifi on, it seems like it's searching and the icon fills over and over but then stops and I get nothing. Also went through settings but I get the same :/

Edit: it shows two bars there but it goes from zero to four over and over but then stops

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

No bother, thanks anyway :)

Added a screen shot. When I turn/press wifi on, it seems like it's searching and the icon fills over and over but then stops and I get nothing. Also went through settings but I get the same :/

Edit: it shows two bars there but it goes from zero to four over and over but then stops
    I have this problem too. I have to do these steps every time I come home then it stays connected. Wifi off, flight mode on,wifi on..let it connect then turn flight mode off.

I have this problem too. I have to do these steps every time I come home then it stays connected. Wifi off, flight mode on,wifi on..let it connect then turn flight mode off.

Pain in the arse but it works!! Cheers! :)

Wonder what the craic is there!?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Pain in the arse but it works!! Cheers! :)

Wonder what the craic is there!?

No idea but it's a pain in the arse alright! It was fine up until about two weeks ago. My Bluetooth used to connect to my car automatically too,now I've to connect it manually each time I get in

No idea but it's a pain in the arse alright! It was fine up until about two weeks ago. My Bluetooth used to connect to my car automatically too,now I've to connect it manually each time I get in

The last few days it happened to me, I got it on last night but didn't realise how :/

Any idea on the ads?

They pop up all the time, I'll take a screenshot next time

• Advertisement

The last few days it happened to me, I got it on last night but didn't realise how :/

Any idea on the ads?

They pop up all the time, I'll take a screenshot next time

You tried the other app i said, AirPush Detector? That checks apps that communicate with ad servers

Advertisement