Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One (M8) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 91AP

Is it stuck on a certain percentage or is it actually stuck on a back up screen? Can she go in and out of different apps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

91AP wrote: »
    Is it stuck on a certain percentage or is it actually stuck on a back up screen? Can she go in and out of different apps?

In the backup and reset under settings

ITs stuck on
    Last backup, Backup in progress

Considering already she has changed 90% of her settings on her phone and keeps on calling me how to fix it i wonder if she done something under something else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 91AP

Only thing I can think of is that it got interrupted somehow. Sounds stupid but maybe if she let the battery die and then switch it back on on charge and with Wi-Fi it might help. Or just reboot the phone and see if the problem corrects itself. Also check the Play Store for updates as I got an update for the Gallery, Blinkfeed and some other HTC app the other day. Might help but I'm not sure, I havnt encountered anything like that yet.

Hope it gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Is it worth upgrading from the HTC ONE M7?

I've had the ONE X and ONE M7 the last 2 years but emobile have done away with 12 month contracts so I'd have to buy the handset right out.

91AP wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I've a question for people who have the M8 and who've used an S3,S4 etc.. is the M8's usb charging port the other way around compared to Galaxy devices? I have a speaker for my S4 but with the M8 it sits with the screen facing inwards to connect to the usb 2.0 port.

Can anyone confirm they have the ports the other way around or is my device somehow faulty? I just find it weird that they'd do this.

LOL.

Samsung put their USB ports in upside down....compare it to virtually any other device. No idea why they do. Probably the same reason they put the back key on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Uriel. wrote: »
    Nedved85 wrote: »
    So meteor ...

Emobile has better for 4g. Particularly if you're already an Eircom customer. ...

They have identical 4g coverage. emobile is a mobile virtual network operator on meteor They use the exact same network and are both owned by the exact same company

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Polar Ice wrote: »
    They have identical 4g coverage. emobile is a mobile virtual network operator on meteor They use the exact same network and are both owned by the exact same company

We all know that, and thanks for dragging up a month old post. He was talking about the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

We all know that, and thanks for dragging up a month old post. He was talking about the price.

Thanks, I was just about to reply, you saved me the grief.

Looking back on the post quoted, I have no idea how anyone could take anything other than the pricing structure out of that post.

there's some very strange boardsies out there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I've noticed my wifi connection will hang randomly after listening to online radio through my bluetooth head phone. It then requires that I disable and renable the wifi on the phone to get it working.

Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭paulie13

Hoping to pick up this phone when I'm due for an upgrade early next month (it's between this and and iPhone 5s), but starting to get concerned about the build quality based on some of the messages here.

Hopefully HTC can get this sorted.

• Advertisement

paulie13 wrote: »
    Hoping to pick up this phone when I'm due for an upgrade early next month (it's between this and and iPhone 5s), but starting to get concerned about the build quality based on some of the messages here.

Hopefully HTC can get this sorted.

The first batch of any device has teething issues. I would say that the M8 has actually been much lower defect rate than in other cases. Of course, it's always the people who find issues that complain the most.

I can think of major manufacturing issues relating to iPhone, Samsung, Sony and HTC.

End of the day, if it's not up to scratch, you get a replacement. If you buy in a shop, you can inspect it all you want before you buy. If there is any manufacturer defect that rears it's ugly head in the next two years, you're covered. Non issue really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭talla

1jcdub wrote: »
    I've received my HTC One M8 from expansys yesterday. Really happy with it. One problem I'm having is in not receiving 4g on Vodafone. The network settings are correct. I'm on the right price plan ect. My previous HTC M7 was picking it up no problem. Vodafone checked everything their end and it all good. Software up-to-date too!.
    Anyone else on Vodafone having 4g problems with their new HTC One M8?

Cheers

Hi,
    Did you ever get anywhere with this?
    I ported over to vodafone last week from o2 and got the M8 and have yet to see any sign of 4G on my phone. Best I've seen is H+ and I've been extensively around Dublin - fasted i've seen speed wise is about 10mb/s down.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

talla wrote: »
    Hi,
    I ported over to vodafone last week from o2 and got the M8 and have yet to see any sign of 4G on my phone. Best I've seen is H+ and I've been extensively around Dublin - fasted i've seen speed wise is about 10mb/s down.
    Cheers.

I had something strange with mine for the first couple of days. It wouldn't get a 4g signal and then suddenly Saturday evening it started picking it up.

talla wrote: »
    Hi,
    Cheers.
    I had something strange with mine for the first couple of days. It wouldn't get a 4g signal and then suddenly Saturday evening it started picking it up.

What sort of speeds should we expect from 4G? I bought my phone up the North, chucked a Vodafone SIM in and manually entered apn. I still show H signal, same as I always have on Vodafone, but I have got download speeds as high as 20MB/s. I remember checking late last year and it was capped at 6MB/s. What signal does it actually say in the status bar? 4G icon of some sort? I may have to mod my icons to show 4G just to make myself feel a little better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Just took the plunge, I got sick of waiting for the Xperia Z2 and decided to move from the m7 to the m8. Got the dot view case for free too so happy days.

As per last comment, How does one know if they're connected to 4g? Does it say 4g where the H symbol is or does it stay H? Reason I ask is that since I upgraded my download speed has shot up to 22mbps.

4g comes up on mine when connected.

Always had LTE showing on the Nexus 5 so was wondering why I had the issue. Seems to be flying along but I'll do a speedtest later on when I'm in a 4G area and see what it gives.

4g comes up on mine when connected.

Are you rooted? If so, any chance you could upload your systemui.apk for me?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Are you rooted? If so, any chance you could upload your systemui.apk for me?

No I'm completely standard. Meteor unbranded PAYG sim free with a Vodafone SIM chucked in.

No I'm completely standard. Meteor unbranded PAYG sim free with a Vodafone SIM chucked in.

Ok, thanks.

In that case, any chance you could let me know your apn settings?

Ok, thanks.

In that case, any chance you could let me know your apn settings?

I'm using live.vodafone.com

What specifically are you looking for? These settings must have been loaded on the nano sim I got from them.

• Advertisement

I'm using live.vodafone.com

What specifically are you looking for? These settings must have been loaded on the nano sim I got from them.

Just if you could type out everything listed in your Access Point Name for live.vodafone.com. Would like to check against mine, as I had to enter manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

I'm running a Meteor PAYG unbranded and now unlocked M8 with a Vodafone Sim. I get a 4G symbol in place of the H symbol. I got a max speed of 26Mb down last Friday. Be careful running speedtest though, it sucked over 90MB of my data allowance :O

When I put in the Vodafone sim it asked me if it wanted me to let it configure the settings and I left it do so. My APN is live.vodafone.com with a proxy of 10.24.59.100. MMS protocol is WAP 2.0. MCC is 272, MCC is 01, APN type is default,hipri,dun,supl. Port is 80 and everything else is left Not set.

Like Robo said:
    Screenshot_2014-04-14-19-30-57_zpsqofrctar.pngScreenshot_2014-04-14-19-31-04_zpsvhrij7of.png

Battery is awesome too. This thing is unplugged since 7am and getting plenty of use!

Robo_Mike wrote: »
    I'm running a Meteor PAYG unbranded and now unlocked M8 with a Vodafone Sim. I get a 4G symbol in place of the H symbol. I got a max speed of 26Mb down last Friday. Be careful running speedtest though, it sucked over 90MB of my data allowance :O

When I put in the Vodafone sim it asked me if it wanted me to let it configure the settings and I left it do so. My APN is live.vodafone.com with a proxy of 10.24.59.100. MMS protocol is WAP 2.0. MCC is 272, MCC is 01, APN type is default,hipri,dun,supl. Port is 80 and everything else is left Not set.
    Like Robo said:
    Screenshot_2014-04-14-19-30-57_zpsqofrctar.pngScreenshot_2014-04-14-19-31-04_zpsvhrij7of.png

Battery is awesome too. This thing is unplugged since 7am and getting plenty of use!

Thanks, exactly what I have. Makes me wonder why I don't get 4G icons.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Thanks, exactly what I have. Makes me wonder why I don't get 4G icons.
    It can take Vodafone a day or two before the 4g signal can be received by your phone after switching sims etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,057 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got the DotView case yesterday.

I like the size and feel of it, and the dot view part is kind of neat, with the capacitive feature.

However, 2 things I don't like.

1. The front doesn't stick to the phone in any way, so it flaps a bit freely (the case does try to shut by default - the rubber hinge tries to close it, but it isn't a 'strong' hold)
    2. As the back of the phone is curved, the case doesn't fold against it when you have it pushed around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Where did you get it Mitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,057 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Where did you get it Mitch?

Expansys - ordered March 26th, dispatched Friday 4th, arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

However, 2 things I don't like.

1. The front doesn't stick to the phone in any way, so it flaps a bit freely (the case does try to shut by default - the rubber hinge tries to close it, but it isn't a 'strong' hold)
    2. As the back of the phone is curved, the case doesn't fold against it when you have it pushed around.

I decided not to get it for reason number 2. I hadn't heard of 1. before, but now you mention it that too would annoy me no end. For €50 or so I'd rather stick with the case that came with it until I find something better.

The dot view case definitely looks great, but I'll wait til something comes that works for me.

...On a different note, is there any way to tell if my M8 is unlocked? I bought it from Three -it has a Three logo on boot, but I'm using a Blueface sim (which piggybacks off Three, so it should work on a Three-locked phone). My data connections are very hit & miss -much more miss than hit- so I've been half-thinking about trying emobile's 15GB cap for €32. But how do I know if my phone is unlocked? I don't know anyone with a nano-sim to try on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

Is anyone having issues with their notification LED works foine when charging but not at all for anything else

Advertisement