Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One (M8) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Bloodwing wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to find somewhere with the dot view case in stock? Online or bricks and mortar.

Everywhere i look it says May 1st. Even HTC site says May. You can Pre order http://shop.emea.htc.com/ie/p_htc_store_product.aspx?i=258559

Bloodwing wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to find somewhere with the dot view case in stock? Online or bricks and mortar.

I went into a Carphone Warehouse on the weekend, they said Tuesday. My girlfriend asked for me at a Vodafone store, and they said this week (but was going to be €60 :eek::eek::eek:).

I have one ordered from Xpansys for €20, so I can wait. I really can't see it taking long before the cheap imitations are out. After all, it's just a flip case with a magnet in it and holes in the front.....right?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Basil3 wrote: »
    I went into a Carphone Warehouse on the weekend, they said Tuesday. My girlfriend asked for me at a Vodafone store, and they said this week (but was going to be €60 :eek::eek::eek:).

I have one ordered from Xpansys for €20, so I can wait. I really can't see it taking long before the cheap imitations are out. After all, it's just a flip case with a magnet in it and holes in the front.....right?

also a capacitive layer in it, for gesture controls. the dots aren't holes all the way through the cover, the capacitive layer runs through the cover.

Got mine on expansys too - thought I would have it this week, might be in the postbox when I get home.

also a capacitive layer in it, for gesture controls. the dots aren't holes all the way through the cover, the capacitive layer runs through the cover.

Got mine on expansys too - thought I would have it this week, might be in the postbox when I get home.

When did you order and how much did you pay? They went from saying in stock when I ordered, to available in the month. My order is currently saying 21 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

When did you order and how much did you pay? They went from saying in stock when I ordered, to available in the month. My order is currently saying 21 days.

March 26th. €20 or so plus shipping I think.

Mine said the same - then I got a shipment confirmation mail on April 4th, and checking the order status on their site says it is shipped too.

302671.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Just got one in CPW. Not due an upgrade yet so got one pay as you go. I'm with Vodafone but a guy there said the meteor ones were unbranded and unlocked so I got that. I need a nano sim but no branding anywhere. 70 cheaper than Vodafone too.

Had to return the first one after an hour as there was a dent on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Just got one in CPW. Not due an upgrade yet so got one pay as you go. I'm with Vodafone but a guy there said the meteor ones were unbranded and unlocked so I got that. I need a nano sim but no branding anywhere. 70 cheaper than Vodafone too.

Had to return the first one after an hour as there was a dent on the back.

How much is the M8 on meteor ready to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Just got one of these yesterday. Super impressed so far. Still getting to grips with Android as I've been on iOS for years. One thing that has me stumped.. The charger that came with it looks similar to a standard UK one but it's eh... not? :o

Been using my iPhone charger instead.

Just got one of these yesterday. Super impressed so far. Still getting to grips with Android as I've been on iOS for years. One thing that has me stumped.. The charger that came with it looks similar to a standard UK one but it's eh... not? :o

Been using my iPhone charger instead.

Haha yeah...it is a funny one. You sort of need to slide/pop the single pin down into place. Just think about where it should be and move it there.

1jcdub wrote: »
    How much is the M8 on meteor ready to go?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Haha yeah...it is a funny one. You sort of need to slide/pop the single pin down into place. Just think about where it should be and move it there.

Yeah I assumed it was something like that. :pac: I tried once and gave up..

Will see how I get on.

Meteor one took the Vodafone sim no problem anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭darg

Have my m8 since 6.30pm after ordering it online with e-mobile and the only call that will be on it is to customer service to have it returned. The volume rocker is very loose and the camera makes a loud clicking noise when i take a pic. Last phones were samsung galaxy s2, s3, s4 and im disgusted i left them :mad:

darg wrote: »
    Have my m8 since 6.30pm after ordering it online with e-mobile and the only call that will be on it is to customer service to have it returned. The volume rocker is very loose and the camera makes a loud clicking noise when i take a pic. Last phones were samsung galaxy s2, s3, s4 and im disgusted i left them :mad:

Are you sure the click isn't just the shutter sound they use? A loose rocker is unacceptable, and of course you can just return it.

I get the feeling there's a perfect s5 out there with your name on it.

I believe the click is the shutter sound. It's is almost short and snappy. My M8 also had a loose volume button. Also top plate covering the top speaker / front camera was also lifting from one corner. It's been returned and I've been offered a refund or replacement. Thinking of going for a Sony Z2 when it becomes available. The M8 would have been my sixth flagship HTC phone in a row.

Bottom plate is very slightly lifting from mine but it's incredibly slight and I don't think CPW will entertain another return. The volume rocker is fine. The original dented one I got had a lose volume rocker.

I think it will be a couple of months before HTC sort out the build quality. Even Sony Z2 is having built issues at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone else disappointed with the battery?

I find an about an hour of browsing and messing around and I'm down around about 25%. It doesn't actually seem that much better than my iphone 5.

I've downloaded various batter meters etc to check if any apps are hogging the CPU but nothing showing up.

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone else disappointed with the battery?

I find an about an hour of browsing and messing around and I'm down around about 25%. It doesn't actually seem that much better than my iphone 5.

I've downloaded various batter meters etc to check if any apps are hogging the CPU but nothing showing up.

No, that is crazy.....screenshot of me after 1 hour web browsing on wifi: 91%

N5rQ07Q.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Did you condition the battery in any way when you first got it, let it run to 0‰ etc?

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    Did you condition the battery in any way when you first got it, let it run to 0‰ etc?

No, I just used it. At one stage I let it full charge, turned it off, let the light go green, turned it on, and let the light go green again, but I really don't think that stuff does anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Joseph wrote: »
    Can any owners confirm if the volume button is loose and/or rattling?

I have gone through eight M8 phones in three stores, ultimately returning it for a refund. They were all very loose and rattling.

Was onto HTC directly and they said it should be firm, not at all loose and definitely not rattle when shook.

If NOT loose, where did you buy it?

Youtube video demonstrating the issue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr-cDDgSwpo

Eight !! Christ your fussy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

What cases other than the dot have people gone for?

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

jenno86 wrote: »
    What cases other than the dot have people gone for?

Any recommendations?

Im just using the case that came with it. I will wait till the dot is available in the shops so i can see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Chibs wrote: »
    Does anyone hear a slight rattle noise when the phone vibrates? Like when you type or press the back key? Its not loud. I only have it a week so might bring it back.

So brought it back and got a new one. New one is a lot better no more rattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

Picked mine up today from CPW, locked to vodafone. beautiful phone, upgraded from the M7, nice a big, feels great in the hand.

Has anyone tried to S-Off theirs yet? have it rooted and flashed ARHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 91AP

Hey guys,

I've a question for people who have the M8 and who've used an S3,S4 etc.. is the M8's usb charging port the other way around compared to Galaxy devices? I have a speaker for my S4 but with the M8 it sits with the screen facing inwards to connect to the usb 2.0 port.

Can anyone confirm they have the ports the other way around or is my device somehow faulty? I just find it weird that they'd do this.

Just checked it against herself note 2 and it's the opposite way around alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Hi guys

My mother got the HTC 8M there last week lovely phone but i still love my note 3 over it.

But she has a problem with it. I was having a look at at google to fix the problem but no luck.

Anyway last night she decided to back up the phone with the HTC backup in settings and it has been stuck in it from last night but she can still use her phone.

Anyone have a idea what it might be ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Hi guys

My mother got the HTC 8M there last week lovely phone but i still love my note 3 over it.

But she has a problem with it. I was having a look at at google to fix the problem but no luck.

Anyway last night she decided to back up the phone with the HTC backup in settings and it has been stuck in it from last night but she can still use her phone.

Anyone have a idea what it might be ?

Advertisement