Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One (M8) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

When I checked last night, seemed expansys were out of the dot view covers again.
    Anyone managed to pick one up in a bricks and mortar shop? Do the Vodafone shops sell them, or are they just prepackaged in with the phone there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Received mine this morning with, im sorry to inform The Real B-Man, with a boombass, and I only ordered wednesday.

Transferring all the usual stuff now. Looking forward to using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,045 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nope i pre ordered an hour after it launched on the 25th and didnt recieve one today must have being very limited stock a marketing gimmick if you ask me!
    V9 wrote: »
    Received mine this morning with, im sorry to inform The Real B-Man, with a boombass, and I only ordered wednesday.

I didn't get the speaker yesterday either - but have been told that they two were being shipped seperately, so I should get the speaker today; and I got a dispatch notice from meteor/dpd last night so that confirms it. If you haven't got similar, check it with them - I ordered mine within an hour of launch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Do these support wireless charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,045 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nope, not officially supported.

Possible you can get some 3rd party case that will allow it, as you could for the previous HTC Ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Any in the o2 stores yet? Have a gold upgrade.

Metal phone + wireless charging would be a shocking experience, I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

How do ya get the boombass to work? It makes a sound and the light at the back flashes but that's it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

One Magically appeared in the post this Morning after sending a email :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

How do ya get the boombass to work? It makes a sound and the light at the back flashes but that's it

Turn on NFC on your phone, turn on Boombass place phone on top of Boombass it makes a noise and tells you it is pairing onscreen, to stop repeat above, very impressed with it tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I've received my HTC One M8 from expansys yesterday. Really happy with it. One problem I'm having is in not receiving 4g on Vodafone. The network settings are correct. I'm on the right price plan ect. My previous HTC M7 was picking it up no problem. Vodafone checked everything their end and it all good. Software up-to-date too!.
    Anyone else on Vodafone having 4g problems with their new HTC One M8?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

How much is this on ready to go ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Strongly considering getting this. Been using iPhones for years and have only used Android briefly.

I think I've narrowed it down to the M8 or the S5, but prefer the look and feel of HTC phones.

I'm currently with Three (who seem to be cheapest). Is there any incentive to move networks these days or are the prices just standardised for everyone?

1jcdub wrote: »
    I've received my HTC One M8 from expansys yesterday. Really happy with it. One problem I'm having is in not receiving 4g on Vodafone. The network settings are correct. I'm on the right price plan ect. My previous HTC M7 was picking it up no problem. Vodafone checked everything their end and it all good. Software up-to-date too!.
    Anyone else on Vodafone having 4g problems with their new HTC One M8?

Cheers

I didn't even know Vodafone 4G was out until I was an ad. Did a speed test on data, and I was getting 25MB down, so it seems to be working.....unless it's meant to be faster than that? Doesn't display 4G, however.
    Strongly considering getting this. Been using iPhones for years and have only used Android briefly.

I think I've narrowed it down to the M8 or the S5, but prefer the look and feel of HTC phones.

I'm currently with Three (who seem to be cheapest). Is there any incentive to move networks these days or are the prices just standardised for everyone?

M8 is the iPhone of the android world. Supreme build quality, looks good, does the basics well. If you want a complete change, then go S5.

Regarding switching networks, that's one thing I really hate about living in Ireland, after having lived in the UK for a few years. You get amazing deals to switch, and if you threaten to leave, your current provider also gives you insane deals. Over here it's just take it or leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

The M8 is going to be named top phone of the year...just wait and see. Sure the S5 has some good specs too but all that TouchWiz crap is just a gimmick. My SO has the S4 and never once have I seen her use SVoice,the hover finger or swiping the pages in mid air.

The HTC is a supreme build of a phone that just oozes quality. The material alone makes it a cut above the rest. compare this to the plastic feel of the S5 and you will be blown away.

I had the iPhone 5 and it was a nice feel of a phone, again the metal material, but it was far too small and the OS was boring. Granted the have upgraded it now but the underlining lock-down of IOS is still there.

I'm going to get the M8 as I was so impressed and happy with the M7 and I know I'm going to feel the same with the M8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

When I ordered on Amazon it said release date 4th April and delivery 7th.
    Now it says release date 21st but still delivery 7th.

Has anyone who ordered on Amazon had their Silver M8 shipped today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

flazio wrote: »
    Couple of points about Carphone Warehouse, Gunther while the Sales consultant shouldn't have given you a 'quare look' the fact is if the phone hasn't been set up on the CPW computer system then they can't sell you the phone, there's nothing that consultant can do about it. This is done centrally from head office, not in store. Also to answer another question from a couple of pages ago, unless things have changed since I was working there Vodafone stock in CPW is always locked to Vodafone. Vodafone have (or had) a pack ID system for every phone sold on their network which must be entered with every purchase or upgrade.

Things have changed then. I bought my HTC One (M7) in CPW about a year ago. It's VF branded but unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

skeg16 wrote: »
    The M8 is going to be named top phone of the year...just wait and see. Sure the S5 has some good specs too but all that TouchWiz crap is just a gimmick.

That's a bit of a bold statement to be coming out with. M8 is the first major "next iteration" to hit the market. What are you basing this statement on, just build quality?

S5, Z2, G3, Note 4, oppo find 7, iPhone 6 all still to come.

G3 rumours would suggest a a heavy hitting spec, z2 has similar(ish) build quality and initial reactions seem to suggest a very Polished device with big specs. IPhone 6 is expected to make a splash into the big screen world and is surely to maintain its great build quality. Note 4 is a bit of an unknown beast at this stag, as is tthe oppo to a degree, tho the screen is supposed to be next big thing.

I haven't even mentioned the nexus 6.

I think it's way to early to be handing out phone of the year awards just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I spent about 15 minutes trying to get the nano-sim to fit in the SIM tray and was almost considering going into a shop to see if mine was missing something before I realised that I was trying to put it in the micro-SD slot.
    Not used to having one of those on a HTC :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Great info lads, you've made my mind up for me.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

I spent about 15 minutes trying to get the nano-sim to fit in the SIM tray and was almost considering going into a shop to see if mine was missing something before I realised that I was trying to put it in the micro-SD slot.
    Not used to having one of those on a HTC :D

did the same thing.. Used youtube to figure it out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Red_Dwarf wrote: »
    did the same thing.. Used youtube to figure it out lol

I was worse, I rang Carphone warehouse to ask why they didn't give me a bigger simcard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

quarryman wrote: »
    I was worse, I rang Carphone warehouse to ask why they didn't give me a bigger simcard...

No i dont feel so stupid lol Thanks:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

I got mine tonight. Got to thank Sheena from three for sorting out an early upgrade for me. I came from the s3 best decision I have ever made. The sound is brilliant. Really happy with it. anyone not sure just get it you won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

600 quid for a phone? you gotta be kiddin

got me galaxy fame for 35 quid just a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Does anyone know if any of the O2 stores have the 32GB version? Totterdells only have the 16s and O2 themselves said I'd have to call the stores individually to check. Tried that for about 4 stores, but no joy.

Just wondering if anyone had any idea?

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if any of the O2 stores have the 32GB version? Totterdells only have the 16s and O2 themselves said I'd have to call the stores individually to check. Tried that for about 4 stores, but no joy.

Just wondering if anyone had any idea?

I thought all of EU had 16GB. Everyone I know on XDA has 16, apart from Americans.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I thought all of EU had 16GB. Everyone I know on XDA has 16, apart from Americans.

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks! If it's true, it saves me hassle alright since I've an upgrade so I won't be purchasing from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

WetDaddy wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of that. Thanks! If it's true, it saves me hassle alright since I've an upgrade so I won't be purchasing from abroad.

As far as I know everyone only has the 16gb version, 32gb is pretty rare same as the iPhone and Samsung.

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    As far as I know everyone only has the 16gb version, 32gb is pretty rare same as the iPhone and Samsung.

Seems you guys are right. Here's a link: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phone/3508297/htc-one-m7-vs-new-htc-one-m8-smartphone-comparison-review/

Advertisement