Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cringe worthy moments.

Options
  • 22-03-2014 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

Is there any memory you have that causes you to absolutely cringe, or leads to a downward spiral or remember cringe moment after cringe moment?

1. I was trying some Caesar Milan sh*t on a strangers dog and he went for me.

2. As a child a friends mother said I had a nice jumper on. I said thanks and left, but a minute later I returned and said 'my mammy says blue is my colour'.

3. An A&E nurse calling me a f**king idiot for waiting nine months to admit a since diagnosed serious issue with my 'back passage'.

So AH, spill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Went on a first date, for a few drinks.

Woke up in hospital the next morning, having stripped off and concussed myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

"Did you get my last text"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Somebody said happy birthday to me and then I said "Thanks, you too."

Haunts me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Also vomited all over my tuxedo at my debs because I got drunk over having to repeat my exams. I had never drank before so I wasn't ready for it. I was taken in a taxi to a house party where I spent the night asleep,naked on the sofa waking up in a drunken haze crying and everyone was there looking at me. My poor mother had to clean the tux and return it that day because it was a busy time for the shop.

Morto.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Sauve wrote: »
    "Did you get my last text"?

Someone text me once 'Can you hear your phone when I'm ringing it?' Cringed for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

When someone mis-spells a thread title.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Somebody said happy birthday to me and then I said "Thanks, you too."

Haunts me!

Jesus, I was at the GFs house for new years this year and her grandfather shook my hand and said 'Happy New Year Un Croissant' at 00.00

I replied 'Hi, how are you?'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

I was visiting cousins one Xmas and a few of their married girls were home. 2 were pregnant...

...of course I congratulated the not pregnant fat one 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Jesus, I was at the GFs house for new years this year and her grandfather shook my hand and said 'Happy New Year Un Croissant' at 00.00

I replied 'Hi, how are you?'
    There's a poor fella beside me that's a bit socially awkward too.

Me: 'Happy New Year Neighbour' (not his real name)
    Him: 'That's the main thing'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Ficheall

In all my years of wondering how to improve one's memory, I have yet to discover anything which comes even close to the brain's capability for recalling one's cringe-worthy moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

An A&E nurse calling me a f**king idiot for waiting nine months to admit a since diagnosed serious issue with my 'back passage'.

So AH, spill.

What was the issue with your Sheriff's badge OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Colleague: "I got engaged last night"

Me: "Well done!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

2. As a child a friends mother said I had a nice jumper on. I said thanks and left, but a minute later I returned and said 'my mammy says blue is my colour'.

wha:confused: don't get that

• Registered Users Posts: 48 myfriendtom

Friend of mine, let's call him John, was buying some "goods" off some 50 cent looking son of a gun whilst on holidays. After the transaction your man went for the first bump, John went for the handshake. So there's John, the whitest man I know, standing there awkwardly shaking this mans fist!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Im constantly doing this.

Colleague:Good morning Osis.

Me:Morning Osis....

followed by awkward silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Has to be the time I went to a rugby match and forgot to put on trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Friend of mine, let's call him John, was buying some "goods" off some 50 cent looking son of a gun whilst on holidays. After the transaction your man went for the first bump, John went for the handshake. So there's John, the whitest man I know, standing there awkwardly shaking this mans fist!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper style. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

So used to receiving 20 or more texts from Mrs youtube on a daily basis. Just out of sheer habit and a little affection for one another we would often sign off with "see ya later xx" or " I will pick it up in the garage on the way home xx", you get the drift.

A few weeks ago I was selling a drill on adverts when a guy rings me up and asks to see it, when he was close to my place he sends a text....

Him " Is that your house with the red car in the drive?"

Me "Yep tha'ts the one alright xx"

He thought it was hilarious though and paid the full price,me not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Every episode of Fair City

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Many a cringe worthy moment recalled just as falling asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

^^^^Just RTE in general tbh.

Two store related ones: Walked into a full length mirror and apologised profusely to my reflection. Much hilarity around me.

On a separate occasion I stumbled into a shop dummy, apologised profusely and set it steady again, adding 'Hope I didn't hurt you' for good measure. Should have gone to SpecSavers.

Also walked into a lampost once, too busy chatting to the person beside me to notice it looming. Apologised to the lampost.

Often thank the ATM when it spits out the money, cringeworthy when someone overhears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Got a taxi home one night, very stoned, drifted off into a daydream and forgot what a taxi actually is. When we got to my house I undid my seatbelt, leaned over, kissed the driver on the cheek, said 'thank you' and got out. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

Oh god I don't believe I'm posting this .... I once had a vibrator dusted for fingerprints ... Beat that for cringe worthy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Kelly06 wrote: »
    Oh god I don't believe I'm posting this .... I once had a vibrator dusted for fingerprints ... Beat that for cringe worthy!

I'm going to ask you to come down to the station and explain the story behind this. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

Muise... wrote: »
    I'm going to ask you to come down to the station and explain the story behind this. :)

Ha ha!!! I really don't want to explain the full story but it really is true! I was horrified ! But I still have it with the iron filings still attached just to prove to people that it really did happen. I'm blushing just thinking about it!

Advertisement