Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cringe worthy moments.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Similar to one I saw posted here. Had just gotten onto the county team for the first time ever couple of years ago (I am 18), received a text from the manager about training and to confirm my attendance, I of course replied back with several lines of x's from being used to texting the gf at the time. I texted back straight away some ****e about my phone had pressed buttons in my pocket, which now that I think of it is possibly the worst excuse ever. Couldn't look him in the eye all year after that. Probably one of my biggest cringe worthy moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

My last post reminded me of this: a girl I know once posted a Facebook status that was just someone else's name. She'd meant to type into the search bar but got the status bar instead. Worse, she left it there (why?!) and the person - who she wasn't particularly friendly with - commented on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

My cousin in England is very fond of a few scoops. He was out one night with a mate and ended up crashing at his mates house-(who just happened to live at home with his mother, who was very good friends with my cousins mother)

He woke up during the night, still drunk and disoriented and had to take a leak like his life depended on it. Rather than wake the entire house stumbling around he decided to take the plastic bag out of the waste paper basked in the bedroon, p1ss into it, tied a good knot on the bag.

Then he decided he would place the bag on top of the wardrobe, just in case someone came in to wake him in the morning, or worse, he jumped out of bed and stood on it.

As you can expect he woke in the morning, feeling pretty rough, had a cup of tea and completely forgot about the "present" he left on the top of the wardrobe. It was only later that week when he was having a flashback that he remembered what he had done.

To this day, he has just played completely dumb whenever he meets his mate or his mates mother, but is completely paranoid whenever he goes over their house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

my gf's mother was looking through my gf's phone last week at photos of the kids.

found some of me drunk, various degrees of undress and posing - some muscle flexing, some "sexy" (I use the word in it's loosest context here :pac:)

she had a good look and a laugh - handed back the phone to my gf saying "not sure i was supposed to see those ones"....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

A couple of weeks ago I sent my bf a text message that simply read "Happy Steak and Blow Job Day! X"

He later told me that his dad was the first to see it as he was holding my bfs phone when I sent it!

Oh the shame!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

At my GFs grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. Earlier in the day my GF had surprised me with some 'nice' pics via her phone. She had a few drinks that night and had forgotten about deleting them after sending. Of course she wanted to show her aunt some picture of a baby on her phone and up she appears when she clicks media.

'I DONT WANT TO SEE ANY DIRTY ONES!!'

Cue spluttering excuses and red faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Was hitch hiking in France once. Got a lift and the driver got me very stoned. When we arrived at the destination, a petrol station, I saw a truck that had an Irish reg yet had a British company name. I stared at this and analyzed it for a good 5-10 minutes before the driver said "Err... this is as far as I can take you"

Woops! Surprised he let me sit there for that long, in complete silence, haha. Thats not even close to half the embarassing stuff Ive done I would tell if I wasnt about to my finish my break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Some of the stories here have me in tears!

Just remembered the time I got off at Malahide to get the Dart into town and the platform was all icy. I fell on the ice and was scrambling to get up for what felt like a good 5 minutes with all the passengers in the train that hadn't pulled away yet laughing at me. A few men finally saw me and dragged me off the ice. Scarla!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Said thanks to the coffee machine after it dispensed my drink. Of course there had to be someone behind me waiting to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Am going to regret posting this but here goes. Let's just say my most cringeworthy moment involved an ex-boyfriend, some dirty talk, a baby monitor and a set of parents downstairs, who thankfully, were not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

A few years ago in college, was getting first coffee of the day. At the exact moment I pressed the button, one of my classmates, who was standing behind me, said "Hello Kilgore". Like any reasonable person, I assumed the coffee machine had addressed me.

My futureshock grew as I realised it hadn't just said hello, but used my name. I froze, oblivious to the external world as I tried to figure out how a coffee machine could know my name. Moments later... taps on my shoulder... vaguely concerned looks and questions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Going to work one morning and a taxi pulled up beside me.He let his fare out and in i hopped.Thinking grand i get the taxi to work for a change.
    So i told him where i was going and he said he wasnt on duty,he was just dropping his daughter to school.
    Got out of the car and went in to the shop,come out and got back into teh car.It wasnt our car,oh decides to move car to let the other car in.Looked across the road to where he was sitting and hes pissing himself.
    His friend was in his van teh other day with my son.He comes in to make this fella some tea and he mentioned he was freezing.So i told my son i get teh hot water bottle made and drop it over.Which i did do.Came back and sat down and realised the whole back of my leggings had split.My arse was hanging out.I hope to God it only happened when i sat down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

not that bad a one when i think of others i've done but at the weekend for a family thing at a hotel seen some of the family check in and went up hugging them and turned to who i thought was my cousing and gave her a hug and one of those stupid kiss on the cheek greatings only to see then that it wasn't who i thought it was and that her boyfriend was looking at me very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

danniemcq wrote: »
    not that bad a one when i think of others i've done but at the weekend for a family thing at a hotel seen some of the family check in and went up hugging them and turned to who i thought was my cousing and gave her a hug and one of those stupid kiss on the cheek greatings only to see then that it wasn't who i thought it was and that her boyfriend was looking at me very weird.

I was on the receiving end of one of those moments. A friend was home from London and we all met up in the pub. A female friend of his was back from London as well and, when she saw me, came charging over, leapt onto my lap and gave me a big sloppy kiss on the mouth. Her sister (who I'd known for ages) was there and said, "Err, that's Going Strong, he's a friend of MateBackFromLondon, who did you think it was?" Cue a red face and stammered apologies. She thought I was a mutual friend of theirs who looks a bit like me - if only she'd been wearing her contact lenses, she'd have noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

There was a surprise 30th for me a few years back, and when I walked in, there was the usual SURPRISE moment, then saying hello and being wished a happy birthday, the last few people I said hello too, I was so thrown by the whole thing, I was saying Happy Birthday back to them.

Cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Ah and over Christmas back in my hometown, thanking the cashier in Spanish out of habit ("Gracias"). I felt like a prize spa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

she had a good look and a laugh - handed back the phone to my gf saying "not sure i was supposed to see those ones"....

You're in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    There was a surprise 30th for me a few years back, and when I walked in, there was the usual SURPRISE moment, then saying hello and being wished a happy birthday, the last few people I said hello too, I was so thrown by the whole thing, I was saying Happy Birthday back to them.

Cringe.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine. I was in his kitchen, getting ice from the fridge, when a woman he fancied arrived at the party. He answered the door and said "Hey! Happy Birthday!" and she said "am, no, it's your birthday", and I had to hide my giggles in the fridge I was so mortified for him. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Cringe.

That is like something I would do. I have been known, when on the phone, and asking the other person for their name, and giving them mine, to write down my own name, instead of theirs. :o
    At least they can't see me doing it, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Another one:

Ring a colleague at work re work stuff, and get the usual how are you greeting outta the way.

Me: Hey, how are things with ya?
    Colleague: Good Thanks, how are you?
    Me: Ah fine, and yourself?

This has happened loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Most recent was when I left work, we are on the 3rd floor so it's elevator all the way.
    I had left about a min before my other colleagues, got my jacket and out the door to the elevator.
    Elevator arrives and only I'm getting into it.
    After what left like 1 minute, I'm thinking "fecking hell this is taking ages" until I hear the door ping open and my work colleagues stare at me and slowly get in...

.... I had forgotten to push the Ground Floor button :(

bear1 wrote: »
    Most recent was when I left work, we are on the 3rd floor so it's elevator all the way.
    I had left about a min before my other colleagues, got my jacket and out the door to the elevator.
    Elevator arrives and only I'm getting into it.
    After what left like 1 minute, I'm thinking "fecking hell this is taking ages" until I hear the door ping open and my work colleagues stare at me and slowly get in...

.... I had forgotten to push the Ground Floor button :(

"I suppose you're all wondering why I asked you here" is the only response to that situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

A friend of mine was in the hospital and was chatting up the nurse. The nurse asked him for a sample and gave him a plastic tub. He went off and did his business and handed it back to her, still warm.

'Er, I was actually looking for a urine sample, not a stool sample.'

Muise... wrote: »
    "I suppose you're all wondering why I asked you here" is the only response to that situation.

I gave out an awkward laugh, you know the ones where the joke just isn't funny but not to hurt the other persons feelings...

bear1 wrote: »
    I gave out an awkward laugh, you know the ones where the joke just isn't funny but not to hurt the other persons feelings...

But I can't hear you. And I'm on the internet so I have no feelings. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

A few years ago in college, was getting first coffee of the day. At the exact moment I pressed the button, one of my classmates, who was standing behind me, said "Hello Kilgore". Like any reasonable person, I assumed the coffee machine had addressed me.

My futureshock grew as I realised it hadn't just said hello, but used my name. I froze, oblivious to the external world as I tried to figure out how a coffee machine could know my name. Moments later... taps on my shoulder... vaguely concerned looks and questions

This has tickled me, I can't stop giggling at my desk :)

I'll try my best..

*clearsthroat* oh ha-ha-ha

Now?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

On holidays in Spain - walking up to the car I had rented, spotted a girl I thought I knew and waved at her.
    Then realised it was a total stranger, and her and her group of friends are cracking up laughing at me. Luckily I was right beside the car so I dived in to hide from the embarrassment.

But I was on the passenger side of the car. So out I got and walked round to the drivers side looking and feeling like a total dick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

byrned17 wrote: »
    A friend of mine was in the hospital and was chatting up the nurse. The nurse asked him for a sample and gave him a plastic tub. He went off and did his business and handed it back to her, still warm.

'Er, I was actually looking for a urine sample, not a stool sample.'
    Reading that I was sure he has given her a semen sample. :pac:

Advertisement