Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

CBFi wrote: »
    Sounds amazing Kildareash! You didn't happen to get married in a hotel in Wicklow did you? I saw the selfie stick idea there when visiting my own venue last weekend....coincidence one way or another. I thought it was so cute. They also had sparklers at every setting for the first dance which I thought was a gorgeous idea but we have no room left in the budget so we're just getting a few for photos.

I'm delighted for you!

No we're not in wicklow. I picked up some sparklers in the pound shop at Halloween but I forgot to use them. It is a lovely idea.

Can't believe it's a week ago already. I want to do it all again but without the busy lead up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I have a pile of sparklers CBFi if you are anywhere near cork.. Just picked them up in the pound shop never got to use them

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Hi Milly, my soon to be SIL lives in Douglas. I'll DM you. X

Just replied there, Oh sure only down the road from me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

We got our photos yesterday. I love them. *\o/*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

CBFi wrote: »
    They also had sparklers at every setting for the first dance which I thought was a gorgeous idea but we have no room left in the budget so we're just getting a few for photos.
    !

Surely you'd get a few packets of sparklers in the pound shop for feck all? 1 per table, how many tables do you have?
    Great idea, never heard of it before

emzolita wrote: »

Do you have to pick out X number of photos for an album? I pre-paid for the album as part of the package and have to narrow 500 shots down to 80 :eek::eek:

I got it down to 200 and something. Tore into it again there Sat night and got it down to 155.....but I love each and every one of those 155. How the fleck am I supposed to reduce that by nearly half?! It's so hard. As it gets closer to 80 I'm going to be facing taking out some ones that I really love, such a hard task!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Do you have to pick out X number of photos for an album? I pre-paid for the album as part of the package and have to narrow 500 shots down to 80 :eek::eek:

I got it down to 200 and something. Tore into it again there Sat night and got it down to 155.....but I love each and every one of those 155. How the fleck am I supposed to reduce that by nearly half?! It's so hard. As it gets closer to 80 I'm going to be facing taking out some ones that I really love, such a hard task!

Yeah , we have 490 photos and have to pick out 65. :)
    I dont mind too much. we got a lovely personalised usb stick off the photographer with high and low resolution of all the pics . So we can print pictures in the future if needs be.
    Its very tough though trying to figure out what ones to put in an album

Yeah , we have 490 photos and have to pick out 65. :)
    I dont mind too much. we got a lovely personalised usb stick off the photographer with high and low resolution of all the pics . So we can print pictures in the future if needs be.
    Its very tough though trying to figure out what ones to put in an album

Yeah I'm like - do I want to record the crowd that were there so lots of crowd shots or the decor/little touches that I will have forgotten in 10 years time so shots of the flower, pew ends, table decor or do I just want loads of posed picturesque shots of the two of us -us by the water, us walking through the wood, etc etc .....then there's all the family shots and bridal party shots and bridal prep and groom prep.....I'm also falling into the trap of putting every shot that I think I look good in into the album haha! :P it's an enjoyable task but a difficult one all the same. I need to get a boot on though

Woohoo...We got ours last week too, and I'm absolutely in love with them.
    The only disappointment and this is in no way the photographers fault but we only got one pic of us with our kids. I had planned to get some when we got back to the hotel but the time just got away from us and my mam had taken the kids up to their room to feed them before our own dinner was served. They were both exhausted from the long day and both ended up asleep before the meal had even ended. When my little one woke the next morning she said the wedding wasn't over because we hadn't danced!

If there was one day of your life where you had the ability to pause and rewind certain parts. I think it shld be your wedding day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I'm in the process of doing a photo book at the moment... Through being as ruthless as I could be I narrowed it down to 370 from 1600 - but the hardcover album will still be prob €150 when I have it all done. Tho I presume professional ones run yo that kind of price too and I wouldn't be satisfying my love of complete control.

Managed to get both parents albums down just over 120! Cannot imagine trying to pick 60!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

I couldn't imagine that task being easy.... We're not getting an album. I'm planning a gallery wall (not just of wedding photos haha!) for our new house. I love frames and having photos around and I don't think I'd look at an album. Might do it down the line when we miss the wedding planning!

Just over 2 weeks now. Everything really under control thank god. Decided to take the full week of the wedding off so I have time to decompress from work. Why does the sh@t always hit the fan when you dont have time to deal with it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Not that I've actually ordered my album yet but I did narrow down the photos.

My strategy was to mentally divide the day into sections I wanted to feature then pick the best photo for each section and a few complementary "detail" photos. Each section will be a full page and will be followed by the detail pages.

Just finished my album there... And received a discount code so only paying €77 for a leather bound photo book of 365 photos/103 pages on mixbook.com

nosietoes wrote: »
    Just finished my album there... And received a discount code so only paying €77 for a leather bound photo book of 365 photos/103 pages on mixbook.com

Having a look on that website now, looks great. Might order our thank you cards from them also.

Do you know anyone who has ordered from them before or how did you hear about it??

I'm in serious wedding come down...how did ye get through it? Not even Christmas is exciting me. With the kids we were back in mammy and daddy mode straight away, but we still had our few days away to look forward to.
    I just keep on booking things to do...he's gonna kill me! Show with the girls after Xmas, afternoon tea with the sisters and BM's in the next few weeks.

Also need to get my head back into training as I've a 5k in 3 weeks and I want to get under 30 mins for it, but I haven't even seen my trainers in two weeks!

We got through it by booking a trip to visit friends in Madrid - he booked his flights while we still on our Honeymoon!! I felt pretty dark after we got back from our break in Madrid a few weeks ago but doing the photobook helped... and Christmas too... and planning our holiday to my bridesmaid in Houston next summer!

I looked up reviews of which sites offered the best photobooks and they got brilliant reviews and the editting features were simple but customise-able enough to keep me happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

The comedown lasted ages. At least 1 month. And then life got super complicated. *sigh* hopefully things will settle down soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Still suffering with the come down, 2 months married tommorow! We went on honeymoon 3 days after and that helped as we also have kids so it was a break before mammy and daddy mode kicked in. Then when we got back we booked a Christmas break to Donegal with the kids so that's in 2 weeks and we also booked our summer holidays for next year. But like you, I've been booking dinners and other litte things, just to have something to plan/look forward to :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

nosietoes wrote: »

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for! Well, we don't have photos back yet, but it would be nice to have a portable set of pictures that's just enough to show people without them getting bored ;-) ok, maybe fewer than 365 photos!

As for the comedown, I am not feeling it. I'm really looking forward to Xmas and we are both feeling loved up and enjoying being married. It's a great feeling! :-)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We booked a weekend in Paris for about 5 weeks after the wedding to help with the comedown - it definitely helped! We still haven't gotten around to doing an album yet and we're 6 months married on Monday... No big holidays booked though because we've got a little one on the way in March :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

We booked a weekend in Paris for about 5 weeks after the wedding to help with the comedown - it definitely helped! We still haven't gotten around to doing an album yet and we're 6 months married on Monday... No big holidays booked though because we've got a little one on the way in March :)

Awhh, congratulations :-)

We are still going on honeymoons!! We had a three day break in Skibbereen after the wedding, then in Oct we went to Bologna for 4 days, and were off to Warsaw for some pretty Christmas markets the start of December cant wait..

The come down hit me straight after the wedding as I was so annoyed I got sick, and let kinda things happen that I didn't want happening.. Felt very bad was crying on que, I just could not deal with it..

All over that now (2 and a bit months later) and I must say im having fun just enjoying ourselves, went mad for the first month and didn't worry about money had dinners out, spoilt ourselves with whatever we wanted, which included a loverly new steam iron haha.. Indulgance and we have got back to calling to friends and that at weekends which is all mad now, as we didn't really do anything for around 4 months before the wedding, so we have a lot of catch up to do..

I have a question! Just wondering I know obviously there is adverts, but would it be worth having a thread for lets say some bits and bobs that brides would like to pass on

Milly33 wrote: »
    I have a question! Just wondering I know obviously there is adverts, but would it be worth having a thread for lets say some bits and bobs that brides would like to pass on

Don't you have enough stress from running the Wedding stuff for sale in Cork FB page :-)
    Kildareash I dealt with the post wedding blues in the same manner as Rainbow Kirby :D. But I know you already have your kids so that's no good to you....it will pass though I felt the same, a huge downer, you're not alone!

Doing the thank you cards and wedding album does help to relive the day alright. Or spend time picking nice photos to put in a Facebook album and getting the reactions to that you get to relive the day as well with some of the people you shared it with

haha oh I left that, jes the amount of time wasters on it got a bit much.. But I love doing things like helping out or searching for things...

I can see how people have kids after weddings, it is like the next step...

Milly33 wrote: »
    haha oh I left that, jes the amount of time wasters on it got a bit much.. But I love doing things like helping out or searching for things...

I can see how people have kids after weddings, it is like the next step...

I 100% wholeheartedly recommend you have kids before getting married, for this reason but also it's a lot less complicated organising and running around with no kids.
    My 3yo chose between starters and main course to have an exahusted melt down, I didn't have time to settle her in the room as they were waiting on me to serve the next course. So had to bring her back down to the ballroom in force 10 mode! Her first ever public tantrum on our wedding day! Luckily both of them KO'd shortly after that (think the little man took a turn letting off steam but the sitter handled it all beautifully and I was only told when both were fast asleep).

I've had a lovely week chilling out with the kids, so think I have a bit of seperation anxiety brewing about going back to work next week too. I know once i get back to work and training with the run up to Xmas and my little man's second birthday, I'm sure I'll have plenty to keep me busy ;)

Delighted with our album from mixbook. Think it worked out at about €50 with the discount code. Going to order another one made from all our friend's pictures.

kildareash wrote: »
    I 100% wholeheartedly recommend you have kids before getting married, for this reason but also it's a lot less complicated organising and running around with no kids.
    My 3yo chose between starters and main course to have an exahusted melt down, I didn't have time to settle her in the room as they were waiting on me to serve the next course. So had to bring her back down to the ballroom in force 10 mode! Her first ever public tantrum on our wedding day! Luckily both of them KO'd shortly after that (think the little man took a turn letting off steam but the sitter handled it all beautifully and I was only told when both were fast asleep).

I've had a lovely week chilling out with the kids, so think I have a bit of seperation anxiety brewing about going back to work next week too. I know once i get back to work and training with the run up to Xmas and my little man's second birthday, I'm sure I'll have plenty to keep me busy ;)

Delighted with our album from mixbook. Think it worked out at about €50 with the discount code. Going to order another one made from all our friend's pictures.

I assume you meant to say you recommend getting married before having kids :-)
    Did your sitter stay in the room with your kids after they fell asleep then or did one of your family members have to miss the rest of the wedding to mind them?

I assume you meant to say you recommend getting married before having kids :-)
    Did your sitter stay in the room with your kids after they fell asleep then or did one of your family members have to miss the rest of the wedding to mind them?

Haha....definitely meant before!

Yes our sitter stayed with us until my mam went to bed at 3am. She had the option to stay over too but she lived in town so she preferred to go home.
    We hadn't a set time for her to finish...It was whenever my mam went to bed and she was happy enough with that.

kildareash wrote: »
    Haha....definitely meant before!

Yes our sitter stayed with us until my mam went to bed at 3am. She had the option to stay over too but she lived in town so she preferred to go home.
    We hadn't a set time for her to finish...It was whenever my mam went to bed and she was happy enough with that.

Brilliant.... great to get someone so flexible.

• Advertisement

Brilliant.... great to get someone so flexible.

its worked out really well....We have a non family babysitter for other nights out too.

Advertisement