Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I think we got most of ours very quickly. And the ones who didn't were close relations we knew would come or who confirmed in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

CBFi wrote: »
    Invites sent and getting RSVPs. Yippee!!

Update on wedding singer - he went and made another booking although i had got back to him 10 mins later. so more money for drinks!

jeesus he didn't hold his breath !!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Dress has arrived in the shop...excited to see what it looks like now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

My little man's suit is sitting here on my desk in work....I just want to go home and put it on him!
    Less than 4 weeks to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Hi all, hen party at the weekend was great. It was just a really great weekend. I was a bit bummed when it was over. Never expected that. Wedding is 7 weeks from Friday. I can't believe it. Not even sure what I should be doing at this stage!

RSVPs are coming in slowly but surely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Hi all, hen party at the weekend was great. It was just a really great weekend. I was a bit bummed when it was over. Never expected that. Wedding is 7 weeks from Friday. I can't believe it. Not even sure what I should be doing at this stage!

RSVPs are coming in slowly but surely!

What did you do for your hen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

great stuff CBfi delighted you had a loverly time...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭fits

Between range rovers and prosecco vans... I am glad we got married already this year. The tiger seems to be waking from its sleep. Id say costs will climb now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

Its all coming back Fits even the tut tut's :)..

It is mad and when the day comes itself none of it really matters that much

Where did you go for your hen cbfi?

I was so depressed for about a week after mine, it was such an amazing weekend. It's just the people you want to be there and everyone is up for the crack. I'd love to do it again!

But in another few days, serious wedding mode will kick in!

We're just three weeks away from the Big Day now and it's all go! I feel like my to-do list is just getting longer and longer! There is nothing major to be done...most of it is admin/follow up. I'm just writing every last detail down so the chances of me forgetting anything is small.

Left my engagement ring in this week to be resized and cleaned. It has to be taken down 2 sizes!!! But I feel so naked without it. I keep having mini panic attacks every time I look at my hand and it's not there.

• Advertisement

kildareash wrote: »
    Left my engagement ring in this week to be resized and cleaned. It has to be taken down 2 sizes!!! But I feel so naked without it. I keep having mini panic attacks every time I look at my hand and it's not there.

2 sizes? Crikey! What have you been doing?

We went to Cork. 1 night in spa with my bridesmaids and 1 with everyone. Usual dinner and night out. I just loved having all my closest friends in one place. Bummed it's over!

7 weeks from tomorrow!

CBFi wrote:
    2 sizes? Crikey! What have you been doing?

I've lost 2 stone through slimming world and bootcamp. Mainly from bootcamp and his diet...which was no carbs and no nice food and no alcohol . Would have liked another half stone but I've been finding it hard to get back on track after the hen.
    I'll be avoiding carbs especially rice and pasta like the plague, I've realised I just can't digest them. Feel so much better without it.
    Even my kids who are super eaters and love their fruit are benefiting as my little girl will take a bit of lettuce on her sandwich now and she will eat onion and peppers because they see me eating them so much.

But the strange thing is that even though I've lost so much weight my dress only needs a tiny but of alteration. It was a little but tight when I bought but still comfortable, but the waist doesn't need to be taken in just the top part of the dress. But it does look a lot better when I compare pics.

I've lost 2 stone through slimming world and bootcamp. Mainly from bootcamp and his diet...which was no carbs and no nice food and no alcohol . Would have liked another half stone but I've been finding it hard to get back on track after the hen.
    I'll be avoiding carbs especially rice and pasta like the plague, I've realised I just can't digest them. Feel so much better without it.
    Even my kids who are super eaters and love their fruit are benefiting as my little girl will take a bit of lettuce on her sandwich now and she will eat onion and peppers because they see me eating them so much.

But the strange thing is that even though I've lost so much weight my dress only needs a tiny but of alteration. It was a little but tight when I bought but still comfortable, but the waist doesn't need to be taken in just the top part of the dress. But it does look a lot better when I compare pics.

Well done !!! You'll be soo glad you went to all that effort when you see your wedding photos

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We got our official wedding pictures yesterday. Oh my god, they're amazing! I love them so much. Worth every single penny!

Faith wrote:
    We got our official wedding pictures yesterday. Oh my god, they're amazing! I love them so much. Worth every single penny!

Oh that's great faith!

Did anyone give a list of shots they wanted to their photographer? I've been looking at some online and it looks like an awful of shots.

Just three weeks to go now...getting so excited now! Had final meeting with hotel yesterday... We were only on their basic package but got a few upgrades because of the numbers!

Got a trial spray tan yesterday too and it's perfect, everything is falling into place!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Yes we et with our photographer a few weeks in advance and went through a good few things. He had a whole form he w filled in.

He clarified the style of photos we wanted. I said I preferred shots where the couple might not be the focus of the photo, didn't want hair and makeup photos. Told him which posed family shots we wanted and a few other things.

I only have a few days left now. I lost count of the amount of people who have asked am I 'all sorted' this week! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Malari wrote: »
    I only have a few days left now. I lost count of the amount of people who have asked am I 'all sorted' this week! :-D

That must get annoying fast

That must get annoying fast

Ah, they're only asking to be polite I suppose. But I've been sorted for weeks. It's a small wedding, so I found there was very little to actually organise.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

So jealous of you all that still have your big day ahead.. I just want to do it all again!!!

• Advertisement

I just say yes when someone asks are you all set.... never mind the five pages of 'to do's'!

I just say yes when someone asks are you all set.... never mind the five pages of 'to do's'!

5 pages?! I don't even have 5 items on my to do list! :-p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

amor3 wrote: »
    So jealous of you all that still have your big day ahead.. I just want to do it all again!!!

Me too :o. I still look at wedding dresses and think about trying them on :o.

Enjoy your big day, Malari!

Haha I'm getting it non stop too even though it's 6 1/2 weeks away. I just say I hope so! It's amazing the amount of people that take an interest!

I've lost just over two stone as well Kildareash and ideally I would lose another stone before the wedding but we'll have to see how I get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

amor3 wrote: »

Aw me too. A month later and I have major after weddin blues now. Good to know other people feel like that though :p

Haha I'm getting it non stop too even though it's 6 1/2 weeks away. I just say I hope so! It's amazing the amount of people that take an interest!

I've lost just over two stone as well Kildareash and ideally I would lose another stone before the wedding but we'll have to see how I get on!

Well done CBfi...you can easily loose that other stone (or the best part of it), in six weeks.
    I'm a little bit disappointed with myself that I didn't get another half off, but I've been finding it really hard to get the time to exercise lately. Only getting to maybe 2 classes per week, whereas before I was going 4-5times a week.

I have literally made a note of every little thing I have to do in the next few weeks. So it could be as simple as give directions to hair and make up people. It's good to see things being ticked off though!

Did anyone give a list of shots they wanted to their photographer?

Great news on the spray tan trial. Makes such a huge difference to the photos.

Definitely give a list to your photographer!! Mine made out like it wasn't necessary as they would take ''all the usual family shots''

But they didn't !!!! :mad::mad:

Great news on the spray tan trial. Makes such a huge difference to the photos.

Definitely give a list to your photographer!! Mine made out like it wasn't necessary as they would take ''all the usual family shots''

But they didn't !!!! :mad::mad:

I know ours is a more informal arrangement, because he's a relative.
    So I just sent him off an email yesterday with any 'extra' pics we wanted other than the 'standard' shots. But I think I'll have a list of shots I want printed off for him for the morning of the wedding. It won't do any harm.
    Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭fits

Faith wrote: »
    Me too :o. I still look at wedding dresses and think about trying them on :o.

ri!

Oh dear. Me too! People ask me how the whole dress finding process was too, expecting me to grumble about it. But I loved it. (I'm not a fashionista so..)

• Advertisement

Right so I have narrowed the 500 photos the photographer sent me down to 230. It's only taken me several attempts across a few months to do that.
    Now just have to get that down to 85 for the album :-) At this stage getting it and the thank you cards out before Xmas will be an achievement. It's very enjoyable going through the photos though I have to say. Definitely one of life's nicer jobs!
    My package also included 60 six by four prints. I got an idea to get all the ones taken of guests (laughing during teh speeches etc) printed so I can include them in the thank you cards (if I have a photo of the person I'm thanking, I'll enclose it) I mean it won't cost me anythign to do this as I have paid for it as part of the photo package anyway so why not!

Advertisement