Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hands up who enjoyed doing their seating plan and wants to do mine???

On the 3rd draft and still can't make it work. I didn't think it would be this difficult.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Sorry, absolutely not, the seating plan was the hardest bit by far!!

I'm going to ring the hotel today to see if they can change one table to a bigger table. If they can do that I'll be able to get all my tables in, I don't know what plan b will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I'm doing the FFA table plan. Free For All ;-)

I think with 23 guests and two tables it'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Remember to double check all the names and places on the table plans ladies.. I left this with himself to do and while we both went through it we left one name out on it as there were two people with the same names..really annoyed me.

A free for all with 23 people will be great perfect way for doing it...

• Advertisement

Malari wrote:
    I'm doing the FFA table plan. Free For All ;-)

So appealing right now! I think our plan of not inviting plus 1s has backfired on me and I've too many tables of 11 and no one I can move around.

After 2 drafts I realised I had left one of OH's aunt off. For some reason I have a mental block against the lady...I'd forgotten to include her on the invitation list too. Wouldn't mind but she's a nice lady!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I ended up with one table of 14 (including kids)I didn't want to split up so I had the hotel set up one long table down the back. Worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

TBH I hurt my back two months ago and haven't been doing any exercise. So I'm definitely not as toned as I'd like but the weight will come off reducing food alone. The carbs are the worst thing for me. I love bread! Fingers crossed the final stone will come off. I'll feel happier then in my dress.

I work in PR, wouldn't dream of not having a shot list for an event so definitely do it!! It's worth it.

Are you still at it kildareash? or did you get it sorted. Might be an idea to get someone else to do it either himself or someone in the family. Takes a lot of pressure off you, someone will not be happy with wherever they are seated but that is the case with nearly everything... Still cant believe some of my family members are moaning about not been invited to the entire day, and one friend of a friend is actually fighting with someone else because they didn't get invited.. Two months on sad

I left it for a couple of days, but it won't take long now to sort it.

That's really sad milly, you think people wld be glad not to have to shell out for pressie, drinks and whatever else is involved.
    We had one relative turn down our invite because they cldnt afford to come, we totally understood and feel really bad for them.

I know one of my sisters is not going to be happy with the table plan and I might have to seat her in the second row of tables which will no doubt annoy her also. She didn't like my invites and wldnt even hide the fact! luckily I wasn't asking for her approval!

• Advertisement

Really did she tell you so with the invites? sisters you have to love them :)

Yeah very surprised with all the silliness really id expect it out of teenagers or kids not adults... Annoying also as I know for a fact one family member could not even go. It was a cheap night for all for ours in fairness so there was not a huge cost for people but I do understand this, they can be so pricey..

Best of luck with the plan sure tis only for the meal anyway people move around after they will all be grand and after that sod it haha

Milly33 wrote:
    Yeah very surprised with all the silliness really id expect it out of teenagers or kids not adults... Annoying also as I know for a fact one family member could not even go. It was a cheap night for all for ours in fairness so there was not a huge cost for people but I do understand this, they can be so pricey..

Ours is the same, they wldnt need hotel so wld just be whatever their tipple was.
    MIL thinks the wife is making a point of it because she wasn't invited on the hen. But I only see her at family events...We don't even have one another phone numbers. I wouldn't even say I've spoke to her for more than five mins at a time.

I'm not worried about my sister. I know there will be some reason for her to have a face on her at some stage during the day. But she can deal with it herself for one day!

Jes there is really no end to keeping all happy is there...

112 confirmed so we have our minimum numbers for hotel. RSVP date yesterday. Only a few stragglers left! Amazing how many book rooms but don't RSVP!

Had work Hen last weekend so put back on 1.5lbs. Damn you alcohol! Lol worth it.

Don't let it worry you Kildareash...I know it's easier said then done but she sounds like she'd make a fuss out of anything! Ignore!

A few people have given me a warning to ignore my mother if she kicks up on the day....she can be a bit of an attention seeker sometimes and apparently she was not well behaved at my brothers wedding. I didn't notice. I definitely noticed when she was badly behaved my nephews christening....please let her not act up....I'll get upset!

Oh, I know what she's like. So I'm well prepared for her and not going to let her annoy me on the day.

Glad you met your minimum number CBFi. That's a nice amount of people too.

I think we've about 214 sitting down now, which is grand. It's kinda what we were prepared for.

It's my last day in work as a Miss today. I really can't belive it's all happening so quickly. One more hour and I'm outta here!

Best of luck Kildareash!! I think I'm next after you on this thread. Gaaa!

Best of luck have the best day

One more week to go! Aghhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Hi All,

Meant to give an update ages ago but here goes.

Wedding in August went off without a hitch. The day flew. All the planning and arranging beforehand meant I could relax and just go with the flow on the day. The morning flew! No time for nerves. I think the wobbly bottom lip didn't start till we were taking photos before leaving for the church. (A shot of brandy cured that).

The ceremony went by in almost a blur. Still waiting for the DVD to relive it all. The flowers, singing, were all lovely.

Our photographer was a godsend. He was relaxed but guided us along when needed, (he even came to the rehearsal to meet everyone). Our videographer was very discrete and non invasive.

The car was fab, old and creaky but the driver was a dote. He only spoke to us a few times so it meant we had that hour drive to the reception to have a good giggle, talk, ooh & aah at the rings, knock back the bottle of bubbly, wave like celebrities as we passed through 2 towns, compare how our mornings went etc. It was the only time we got to ourselves all day.

The reception was great, the evening flew. Managed to talk to most guests. Danced lots. The wedding shoes stayed on till after 11.30 which surprised me, into comfier flats then.

The dress was stiff/heavy enough but had no problems with it. I was delighted to get through the dinner without getting anything spilt on it which is rare for me.

In my mind all day I kept thinking, relax, enjoy it all, don't get panicked or stressed.

I love looking at the photos. Trying to narrow them down now to print out a few for hanging up and decide on an album.

• Advertisement

#3moresleeps agh!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

kildareash wrote: »
    #3moresleeps agh!!!!!

Enjoy the build up! It goes so fast..

Best of luck Kildareash tis today isn't it.. Have the best day xxx

Good luck Kildareash!!!!Visited my venue with my Mum today - her 1st time seeing it. Can't believe next time I'll be back, I'll be getting married. Getting really excited now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

kildareash hope you had a fantastic day

Thanks girls...We had the most amazing day ever!

Everything was just perfect from the night before to the day after.

We had some family and neighbours in my mam's house for a couple of drinks the night before and it was such fun. My little girl loved it.

The photographer said he'd never had a bride sit down for an hour before she got ready, but we had time for lunch and everything before we left for the church and I was only about 5 mins later than I planned! It was so relaxed and really set us up for the rest if the day. Everyone just had a great party....The band were amazing and the floor was full all night. Even for the waltzes!

I seen selfie sticks in dealz earlier in the week and picked one up for each table....best €20 ever spent. People made great use of them all night and we have lots of group shots of the tables now too.
    We encouraged guests to take pics and share them with us through wedpics or Facebook or whatever and we have some deadly pics now.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

hey kildareash, im delighted you had a great day. hope you have a fab honeymoon too

Mayo Miss and Kilareash Congratulations to YE!!! Welcome to the world of Mrs :)... Delighted ye had such wonderfilled days,,,,,, Whoop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

which band did you have kildareash?

congratulations!

• Advertisement

Sounds amazing Kildareash! You didn't happen to get married in a hotel in Wicklow did you? I saw the selfie stick idea there when visiting my own venue last weekend....coincidence one way or another. I thought it was so cute. They also had sparklers at every setting for the first dance which I thought was a gorgeous idea but we have no room left in the budget so we're just getting a few for photos.

I'm delighted for you!

Advertisement