Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ahh id love to do that to, babysitting kids for wedding days, maybe that could be my calling..

Not sure about having them, i really do love them but I think i am just not ready to give up my stuff yet.... Think knitting mice to fill the time is a better option for now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

We have a babysitter coming for the full day, tp sit beside him with other kids for the meal and just to do the running around that we cant.then she will stay with him for the night. He will probably end up sitting on my knee eating dinner ðŸ˜႒

I feel like Im forgetting something, I feel v organised. Also, when is it really going to hit me that Im getting married??! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Gee_G wrote: »
    We have a babysitter coming for the full day, tp sit beside him with other kids for the meal and just to do the running around that we cant.then she will stay with him for the night. He will probably end up sitting on my knee eating dinner ðŸ˜႒

I feel like Im forgetting something, I feel v organised. Also, when is it really going to hit me that Im getting married??! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

I don't think it's fully hit me that I was the bride. It felt like Christmas driving out to my mam's house with the car packed and having everyone around!

Had anyone had their post wedding hair cut yet? I've booked mine for sat. Need to do something with it, it's driving me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Post wedding haircut? That's a new one on me!

kildareash wrote: »
    I don't think it's fully hit me that I was the bride. It felt like Christmas driving out to my mam's house with the car packed and having everyone around!

Had anyone had their post wedding hair cut yet? I've booked mine for sat. Need to do something with it, it's driving me mad!

I think Im going to be the same! Yes Im telling everyone its next week so I don't think it has sunk in yet haha.
    Im already dying to get mine cut!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It took me a month after the wedding to get mine cut. Am desperately in need of a haircut now actually but putting it off for a bit because I want it to look good for Christmas!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yep, I got about 6 inches lopped off mine a few weeks after the wedding! I was mostly growing it for the hairstyle I wanted on the day, but it was in brutal condition and splitting constantly, so it was good to get it off :).

I always wanted an undercut and was very tempted to go in and get one on the last mini moon but I didn't.. Kinda feel like I chickened out so there is time yet..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Our thank you cards haven't gone out yet, and I'm feeling so guilty! We wanted to use a picture from our wedding on them, and it was 8 weeks before we got the fully edited pictures back (we knew it would be that long in fairness). But then choosing a picture and picking a card took time, and shipping in Canada is SO SLOW. It will be early December when they get posted, so it will be nearly 4 months after the wedding that they arrive. Still, better late than never, I guess!

Sure thats fine, i know we have got cards nearly 5months after the wedding.. We are just getting ours done now.. We were going to do the same as you pick a photo but im not overly mad on any, so we are getting a nice comic image one done with Rob Stears and we are going to get photos printed them and include one of the couple or family of who the card is for in the card... Might be cheeky haha and end it with Happy Christmas as it is mostly for the same people

• Advertisement

I haven't had proper hair cut in a year now. I've just been dead ending it.
    It went really thin after I had my little boy newly 2 years ago now, I don't recognise my hair in his christening pics it was so full and now it's just lifeless. Hoping a good cut will spark some life into it.

We're hoping to send out our thank you cards as xmas cards too. But I need to order them in the next week or 2. I was looking at mixbook or thank you cards.ie. any other suggestions for cheap but decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

I haven't had a haircut in I don't know how long. It's shocking long. I can't wait to get my fringe back after the wedding. I grew it out as I thought it was too trendy for the wedding and I miss it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Faith wrote: »
    Our thank you cards haven't gone out yet, and I'm feeling so guilty! We wanted to use a picture from our wedding on them, and it was 8 weeks before we got the fully edited pictures back (we knew it would be that long in fairness). But then choosing a picture and picking a card took time, and shipping in Canada is SO SLOW. It will be early December when they get posted, so it will be nearly 4 months after the wedding that they arrive. Still, better late than never, I guess!

You have up to a year to send out thank you cards. My sister only sent hers out about three weeks before her first anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

I haven't had proper hair cut in a year now. I've just been dead ending it.
    It went really thin after I had my little boy newly 2 years ago now, I don't recognise my hair in his christening pics it was so full and now it's just lifeless. Hoping a good cut will spark some life into it.

We're hoping to send out our thank you cards as xmas cards too. But I need to order them in the next week or 2. I was looking at mixbook or thank you cards.ie. any other suggestions for cheap but decent?
    I ordered mine last Monday night and they came in Fridays post, from Sleepymooncards.ie . I'll be sending them out in a few weeks with them doubling up as Christmas cards. Dreading the thought of all the writing them so starting this week and planning on doing a bundle every few nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Faith wrote: »

That's not that late at all. I would think anything up to 1 year is normal

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Less than 3 weeks left now...! Anyone else left? Is it just me and CBFi?

Me!!! 5 days left ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

A week from Friday. I can't believe I can say "I'm getting married next week" so surreal.

Finalised table plan tonight. If anyone from 2016/2017 brides is on this thread, don't use Moposa. There are better systems out there.

Mopassa was a fail then, heard about it alright but you could only use it if the place used it as such.. Well done ladies nearly there now... 5 Days Gee G you must be delighted

I used a great system for my table plan it was called microsoft excel :-)

Well I got the photos down to 140 or so, but I really don't want to take out any - can't face the final chop to 80 so I asked the photographers any chance I could get a bigger album haha

Maybe I'll get two albums - I really don't know what to do about this. I feel like the ones that don't make the album will never see the light of day again and that's why it's so hard to take any of them out

• Advertisement

I used the good old pencil and eraser for my table plan! Definitely the hardest part of the wedding.

I ordered an album on mixbook last week. Only 41 pages! Can't wait to get it now. Really hopes it turns out ok.

Maybe you could order something like that that's cheap and cheerful with the 140 pics and then the official one just has the best 80.

I used the good old pencil and eraser for my table plan! Definitely the hardest part of the wedding.

I ordered an album on mixbook last week. Only 41 pages! Can't wait to get it now. Really hopes it turns out ok.

Maybe you could order something like that that's cheap and cheerful with the 140 pics and then the official one just has the best 80.

Yeah I think I might have to do that Kildareash.......we'll see what photographer comes back with first. I can't be the first bride they've had who's ended up like this surely?!
    There are just so many beautiful photos....that's what I get for having 150 guests and a nice summer's day! :-)

Yeah I think I might have to do that Kildareash.......we'll see what photographer comes back with first. I can't be the first bride they've had who's ended up like this surely?!
    There are just so many beautiful photos....that's what I get for having 150 guests and a nice summer's day! :-)

Nope, that's why I ended up with 41 pages! Very few pages have just 1 pic!!! ;)

Even those posey ones that I didn't want to take turned out fab! I don't think there was one pic the photographer took that I didn't like.
    We lucked out with the weather too for November. I will never forget the rain at 6am, and like magic it cleared away about midday into beautiful sunshine!

We're going to put a second album together with all our guests pics too. Some great shots!

Incase anyone is looking Groupon have a 20 page photo book for €1 now €10 postage but still not bad

Milly33 wrote: »
    Incase anyone is looking Groupon have a 20 page photo book for €1 now €10 postage but still not bad

Handy to make little ones for parents or grandparents who will want to be showing off the pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Milly33 wrote: »

I used a groupon to get photobooks done for our parents. Think it was €25 for 2 leather bound photo books after i paid postage.

Really glad i did it as quality was really good and i definitely learned a lot from it.

I also printed off every photo our photograper gave us and i was surprised. Photos looked different (usually even better) when printed than on screen. It will also be helpful when we are putting together our album.

I must be very bad haha got one for us too, for memories but I don't know I am just not a sentimental person at all regarding pictures and what not so a 20 page one for us is plenty..

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I'm a librarian and my sister is an archivist so cataloging and keeping a physical record of important events is kind of ingrained in us.

Oh i love being all neat and tidy as such and I know where all is but just things like this im like yeah they are there...

Librarian sounds interesting

• Advertisement

I'm bad at organising pictures, it's a crime.

I printed all the pics and got frames for them after my son's christening, but never even put the pics in the frames and that's nearly two years ago now. My daughters pics are all in beautiful frames, but never made it to the wall.

I know the same could happen with the wedding pics.

So I'm going to wait until I get the book, see how they look in that and what ones I really like in print and then just go for it. Print them, frame them and hang them all in the same day (along with the Christening pics!).

Advertisement