Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    How long did it take from ordering to delivery? Thinking of getting one.

I ordered on the 18th of Nov and received on Dec 8th but I chose the cheapest shipping option.

Also, Mischa, you are so right. I spent hours over a full week when I wasn't working (I do temp work atm) tho once you're in the swing of it, it's very satisfying. Going to make one for my sis-in-law of all the photos of my nephews she has emailed over the years over Christmas I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Mayo Miss wrote:
    How long did it take from ordering to delivery? Thinking of getting one.

Similar time line to noisetoes. Add another week onto their estimated delivery time

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

jaja321 wrote: »
    3 more days! Feel oddly calm, Hope I haven't forgotten anything!

Have a great day today jaja, I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Kildareash and noisetoes. How heavy is the paper in your mixbook albums?

The albums I got for our parents have photo type paper in them. The albums our photographer showed us have very rigid about a half cm thick card. I really like this as pages can't be accidentally creases.

I'd like to do my own colour version of the album but I'd like it to be similar quality as his one and I'm wondering if it's possible to get this from one of the regular photo book producers.

Now the ones I did for Our parents were groupon deals and were fab for the price but I wasn't expecting archival quality but I'd like that for our main colour one.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

@ahayes the pages are regular pages that you would get in any coffee table/art catalogue type book. Heavier than reading book but not stiff like you've described.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Have a great day today jaja, I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

Thank you! I had an absolute ball...I enjoyed every second of it and I think our guests enjoyed it too. Relaxing now for a few days and then will start getting ready for Christmas and the honeymoon. I really loved the day, won't miss the planning though!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Happy New Year to all of the 2015 brides - what a year that was! Best wishes for your first married year, and thanks for all the help and laughs on this thread! X

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yes indeed happy new year to all... First Christmas as Mr and Mrs I hope everyone enjoyed theres....

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It was lovely :) Our anniversary (not wedding!) is over the holidays too so it was really nice to celebrate that too for the first time as a married couple and for the last time before our little one arrives.

Happy New Year ladies. I still can't believe our year is over :(

I want to go back and do it all again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

kildareash wrote: »

I know it's so sad! It'll never again be the ''year we got married''
    It was lovely buying the Christmas cards ''to my husband'' and receiving one ''to my wife'' card :):):)

Anyone else spend their wedding registry or wedding present vouchers in the sales? It was very pressured trying to make the right choices!

It was lovely :) Our anniversary (not wedding!) is over the holidays too so it was really nice to celebrate that too for the first time as a married couple and for the last time before our little one arrives.

you'll never be able to keep up that plus wedding anniversary plus birthdays plus valentines plus mothers day plus father's day! Something will have to give :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

No, I loved it, but I wouldn't do it all again. It was almost perfect the first time :) Now I'm just enjoying being married and living our life together. I keep catching myself saying "girlfriend" or "boyfriend" by mistake though :P Still getting used to the husband and wife terminology!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh I'd definitely do it all over again! It feels weird thinking we got married last year. But we had to have a delayed honeymoon, so we're going on that in less than 4 weeks, hurrah! It helped extend the wedding buzz a bit, and also helps us get through the dreaded January.

Although finding decent bikinis at this time of the year is a nightmare. I miss Penneys! The only options here are super ugly or super expensive.

Faith wrote: »
    Oh I'd definitely do it all over again! It feels weird thinking we got married last year. But we had to have a delayed honeymoon, so we're going on that in less than 4 weeks, hurrah! It helped extend the wedding buzz a bit, and also helps us get through the dreaded January.

Although finding decent bikinis at this time of the year is a nightmare. I miss Penneys! The only options here are super ugly or super expensive.

God yeah. I'd say you'll have to go online to get a decent reasonably priced bikini in January. Honeymoon in 4 weeks, jealous.com !!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Figleaves sale ;)

Figleaves sale ;)

Shipping + customs + duties + very slow delivery = :(

It's an option, but not a cheap one!

Malari wrote:
    No, I loved it, but I wouldn't do it all again. It was almost perfect the first time Now I'm just enjoying being married and living our life together. I keep catching myself saying "girlfriend" or "boyfriend" by mistake though Still getting used to the husband and wife terminology!

I'm stuttering over my name also... people must think I'm mad. I keep on correcting myself x, no y. If it's a booking or a reservation then I can't remember what name I booked it under.

I'd have the party again (and the hens) in a heartbeat, but I'd be better organised this time!
    But it was great catching up with friends over the Christmas and to hear how much they enjoyed the day or the stories from their table.

Figleaves sale ;)

I stand corrected, actually - I found some gorgeous pieces for the same price as a couple of sh1tty H&M bikinis!

If I get away without customs & duties, I'll be flying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

hi ladies,
    by any chance do any of you have an a4 template for a mass booklet you could pass on or know where I could download one? Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

emzibob wrote: »
    hi ladies,
    by any chance do any of you have an a4 template for a mass booklet you could pass on or know where I could download one? Thanks in advance!

I have one if you want to pm me your email address

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

When I was down home over Christmas I was a little sad that I didn't have the wedding in front of me but then again, it's nice not to have to keep thinking of things that need planning!! I miss that we won't have a chance to have a party of that size ever again :)

Have fun on your honeymoon Faith, not a bad idea to do it a good bit after the wedding itself.

Just have to write the Thank You cards now, a good 7 months after the wedding :O

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a lovely xmas and NYE. We were on honeymoon. Still can't believe it's all over and we're married. It was the perfect day - better than I could have imagined. The honeymoon was fab too. Looking forward to the photos and organising the thank you cards. New project: home improvements! :D Thanks for all the support in 2015. x

Oh we must get our thank you cards out by the end of the month.Want to get them done as the next few months are going to be mad id say. Must move out of the place we are in, back to the parents! So want to have them done before manic hits again...

Im hoping to put in a picture of us or either the guests at the wedding which I must get started on..

Congrats CBFi, you must have been the last of the 2015 brides then! Thank you cards are on my plan for Jan/Feb as well...I don't get my final high res pics from the photographers til I get the album off them and I need the high res photos to make the thank you cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

We posted ours before Christmas. Didnt bother with photo cards as we ordered thank you cards at same time as invites.

Yeah kinda thinking we may just include one pic of people as it is taking a lot of time...

Thank you cards are on our agenda for this month too. We thought we'd have them out as Xmas cards but I just didn't get round to ordering them.

We were going to go with a collage of pics. But I got a print done for himself for xmas and it combines a few different elements of the day into one so we're thinking of jus going with that. But I change my mind on a regular basis!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Thank you cards are on our agenda for this month too. We thought we'd have them out as Xmas cards but I just didn't get round to ordering them.

We were going to go with a collage of pics. But I got a print done for himself for xmas and it combines a few different elements of the day into one so we're thinking of jus going with that. But I change my mind on a regular basis!

It took me ages to decide on a photo to put on the front, then just before Christmas I was so annoyed that I hadn't ordered them yet (we got married in April) that I just ordered it with one that is nice and then it was done. Just trying to print off photos of people to put in them now and then we'll write them in the next couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

We were thinking the same thing but between all that was happening it was just too busy. Plus we were kinda thinking in the New year it might be nice to send them out... Just ordered the prints on snapfish not bad 120 prints for €15

Advertisement