Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

It's a know your crowd thing with beef vs lamb I think.
    If your guests are more conservative in their tastes then beef, if they're generally into food and a bit more adventurous then lamb.

Also depends a bit what time of year your wedding is, lamb is pretty seasonal and late in the season it can be very tough.

The seasonal thing is something I've thought about alright, and our wedding is in December, which isn't exactly lamb season so it's a real consideration. What ive heard from some people is that even if lamb isn't their favourite, they enjoy rack of lamb and that's what's on offer. It's a tough one. Both were lovely, lamb probably a bit more tasty, but beef was also very very good and there was a bit more of it. With everything else there was a clear winner... this is just a harder decision!!

Milly33 wrote: »
    That's kinda what we thought too but even his sister who normally doesn't have lamb went mad for it, and others too who would be fairly pickey eaters were the same.. Very surprised.. oh Hake that's what we had too yummie but being honest the lamb was nicer

Very interesting. Honestly the hake was so good it was like butter. Would probably order it myself above the lamb or beef and I love red meat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

jaja321 wrote: »
    We designed our own and got them printed along with the invites. Didn't work out too expensive.

Menu tasting went really well. Have our menu nearly picked, just trying to decide now between beef or lamb. I know not a lot of people like lamb, but it was delicious. The beef was also very good though. Decisions, decisions...

We had no choice there was a set starter, a fish course, a meat course (lamb) and a set dessert.
    There were a handful didn't eat the lamb....it's a pity they didn't realise they could have ordered the veggie option on the day instead. Anyone that didn't eat the lamb someone else at their table ate it though. I didn't see or hear of any food being left on plates!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheGreatHuman

Anybody here want a free wedding video? I need one couple for portfolio in next three months. Pm me here for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

Wow very nice of you too offer, jes where were you last month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 TheGreatHuman

Ha, I was getting myself set up! It takes a lot of prep. If you know anyone marrying before the end of the year who might be interested please send them my way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Anybody here want a free wedding video? I need one couple for portfolio in next three months. Pm me here for details.

I would be interested. I'll send you a PM now.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

46 stamped and addressed wedding invites that I was going to drop to the post office today and this morning An Post announce a strike likely to last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Aw crap! Time to start emailing and making phone calls? :o

well everyone knows when and where the wedding is on as it's a (relatively) small wedding but what a waste of money and effort.

• Advertisement

CBFi wrote: »
    well everyone knows when and where the wedding is on as it's a (relatively) small wedding but what a waste of money and effort.

Anyone local that you could hand deliver them?
    We're in the middle of getting RSVP's back. Hopefully it won't last long.

46 stamped and addressed wedding invites that I was going to drop to the post office today and this morning An Post announce a strike likely to last 2 weeks.

Two weeks?? Where did it say that? Need to send out mine too!

They can't hold the country to ransom for two weeks, can you imagine. Business' would be up in arms.

kildareash wrote: »
    They can't hold the country to ransom for two weeks, can you imagine. Business' would be up in arms.

Seems excessive alright - imagine the backlog!

http://www.thejournal.ie/an-post-customers-out-of-service-strike-action-2363950-Oct2015/

Two weeks is outrageous really. Fingers crossed it won't last that long.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think they're threatening 2 weeks to get attention more quickly. If they said 1 day, no one would be bothered!

Friends of mine are getting married today. I couldn't be there, and I've been getting sneak pictures of the day so far. I'm so jealous!! I want to get married again!! :D:o I really miss my wedding day and I get sad when I remember I can't have another one :o.

I really really hope it doesn't last two weeks. Our RSVP deadline is the 28th October.

This is a bit disheartening after our drinks reception singer sent us an email saying he was cancelling our booking and returning our deposit because the hotel requested details of his insurance and he doesnt have any. I sorted it with the hotel and they will cover him under their policy but he hasn't responded to two emails and I don't have a phone number for him.

Just feels like one thing after another...and I just want an easy life!

oh no! I saw the article about the strike earlier and never even thought of wedding invitations. As you said after all that effort & money !

I really really hope it doesn't last two weeks. Our RSVP deadline is the 28th October.

This is a bit disheartening after our drinks reception singer sent us an email saying he was cancelling our booking and returning our deposit because the hotel requested details of his insurance and he doesnt have any. I sorted it with the hotel and they will cover him under their policy but he hasn't responded to two emails and I don't have a phone number for him.

It should be relatively easy to get another reception musican or singer though, they are not like bands where the good ones book out years in advance. A reception singer is more low key and it's during the day so even someone already booked that night might be available earlier in the day.

• Advertisement

Yeah just had my heart set on this guy - its kind of rat pack/ Michael Buble stuff. Anyone any suggestions of good reception entertainers?

Yeah stickybookmark, himself designed the invites and he's really proud of them!

Our RSVP deadline is the 10th, so I really hope it doesn't go on all next week. I'd say we've about 20 RSVP's out of 120 invites! I thought I was doing alright until I wrote it down.

Sorry, can't help with the drinks reception singer. Hopefully your original guy gets back to you.

I'd say just start ringing people once you're coming up to your deadline to give numbers to the hotel? I'd worry that things would get lost in the post anyway with all this so I wouldnt rely on the post. we'll get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I was just coming on to write about the postal strike...raging! We have our invites ready to go, the ones that are going away foreign were to be posted yesterday n I'm hoping by midweek that it will all be ok for posting of the rest.

I think they're just threatening 2 weeks to get a reaction. A one or two day postal strike wouldn't have the same effect.
    I'm saying that out loud to reassure myself and then quietly panicking on the inside.
    I'm half thinking of scrapping the evening invites and just texting/emailing or facebooking any one we can't hand deliver an invite to.

I can't belive the wedding is so close now. I'm really starting to get excited when the rsvp's are coming back. I met some of my relatives last night and everyone is just really looking forward to it. Give you the warms and fuzzies that people are genuinely so excited about it.

Got a few DIY bits done and I've changed my plans for other stuff and simplified it a bit. Pinterest fail is a good wedding theme though isn't it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

Id be with you Kildareash id say they are just threats like all else and that the post would be fine id say give it a week max and start posting.. There is always emails too just incase..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Its over.... Quick get posting!!!😀

Gee_G wrote:
    Its over.... Quick get posting!!!😀

Was coming on to.post the same. Phew!

Invites sent and getting RSVPs. Yippee!!

Update on wedding singer - he went and made another booking although i had got back to him 10 mins later. so more money for drinks!

• Advertisement

I'm surprised by the amount of rsvp's we have back and by the people who haven't so far.
    If I'm ever invited to a wedding in the future I'm confirming by txt when I receive the invite and then sending the rsvp card back to be nice!

Advertisement