Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Only six weeks to go! I'm so excited...everything is falling into place. Only half stone more to loose weight wise and ill be beside myself with happiness. I'm more than happy with how I look now so if I get another few pounds off ill be ecstatic.

Does anyone have a comprehensive to do list for the last few weeks? I've so many thoughts swirling round in my head I'm afraid I'll miss something.

Still don't have our invites sent out, I still don't have over half of them. I'm not sure if they're even printed. I've been very polite so far but now it's got to the stage where people are going to think we're not inviting them. I really don't want to get ****ty with her but the invites are a pretty integral part if the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

kildareash wrote: »
    Only six weeks to go!

Still don't have our invites sent out, I still don't have over half of them. I'm not sure if they're even printed. QUOTE]

OMG no invites with 6 weeks to the wedding? I would be jumping up and down on her!! :eek:
    (In a bad way lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Yikes kildareash, that's quite annoying about the invites! :eek:

I'm really looking forward to it, but I think people expect us to be WAY MORE EXCITED than we are :pac: Everything is done now, I just have to pick up a few accessories (i.e. shoes and clutch) and make some beautician appointments.

She's family and doing it as our gift (but I bought the actual invites), so I don't want to be falling out with her.

kildareash wrote: »
    She's family and doing it as our gift (but I bought the actual invites), so I don't want to be falling out with her.

What exactly is she doing though if you bought the invites? I'd prefer a stern word now than getting half your guest list declining because they didn't receive enough notice? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

She still doesn't have them ready.. she is really cutting it fine

Milly33 wrote: »
    She still doesn't have them ready.. she is really cutting it fine

I know. I hope to have them fully assembled tonight. So I'll have them in the post in the morning. Although, I haven't had a text to say I'll drop them over tonight so I'm slightly starting to panic.
    She said she will have the proof of the evening invites for me tonight too and will print them straight away "to get them out of the way"...sure I need them in a week or two anyway!

I would get the whole lot of them off her while she is there, Why are they taking so long as such are they very intricket or something.. Fingers crossed she will text soon

Milly33 wrote: »
    I would get the whole lot of them off her while she is there, Why are they taking so long as such are they very intricket or something.. Fingers crossed she will text soon

They need two bits of sticking and a slit in the insert for the RSVP card...all her idea by the way.
    I think either she's not very organised or she's a procrastinator. We have offered time and time again to help with the assembly.

I text her this morning, as I don't like it being on my mind all day. I didn't give her a choice, I just said I was picking them up tonight.

I see I See, well good thinking with the text just show up and if she doesn't have them done id say get onto a printer maybe and just do them yourselves unless now she would have them ready for tomorrorow

• Advertisement

I presume she doesn't want any assistance as it's supposed to be a "gift". Not much of a gift if all it's causing you is stress though :-/

I posted my invites at lunch time! Yay!

Its a bit underwhelming when people don't get in touch to say they loved them! But then again I don't think I've ever txt someone to say I love your invite.
    And out of 10 international invites we've only had 2 official rsvp's!

Yeahhh you got them then were they loverly worth the wait.... But sure if you only sent them no one will have them yet or have you sent some out before

I thought this too after sending ours, my Mum was the first to ring and she said thank you they got theirs and she was wondering had they sent the same one to everyone.. I was nearly in tears but a big bummer on it... It really did then she was ll no no I love them.. but you never know what to believe then...

Hopefully the RSVPs will be rolling in the door soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭CarrieDzzz

I was totally underwhelmed at the lack of response to the invites too. I sent mine out 3 weeks ago, and have to still to receive RSVP's for half of the invitees....! Ah well probably just the Irish laid back attitude (I hope). It is very exciting though when an RSVP does come back tho!

The more I asked people I do think it is the Irish way with the rsvp's..Thank god we did get most back but I had to get onto a few people around 2 weeks before hand...

It is like Christmas isn't it when you come home and see you have post.. The excitement is it a yes is it a no.... Sad in a way but so much fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

International invites sent. Going to get cracking on putting together the rest of the invites on Sunday and post them next week. I sat down and stamped all the envelopes last weekend....literally a stamp, not the postage kind. Just a cute little 'name and name 4th December 2015' on the back.

Have our menu tasting tomorrow! Exciting.

The two weddings we had this year we RSVP'd at the last minute...We knew we were going don't know why we didn't rsvp straight away.
    We sent out about 10 international ones last week...We've had 2 responses. The furthest destinations have received theirs so we know everyone has got them.
    Such a relief to have them sent out. Thanks for the tip on the labels definitely saved us time having them ready to go. Meant we had all the addresses sorted too and didn't have to spend today trying to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Menu tasting tonight - hope it goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Where are people getting their Thank you cards? Trying to sort ours at the moment and get the best we can get. They are not cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I think il probably go with thankyoucards.ie

I want a pretty big folded card with images front and back. They seem to be cheapest.

If you want postcard type ones vistaprint are good but don't get the invites. They have a6 Flyers and postcards you can customise yourself.

Also the U.S. Website for vistaprint is cheaper even with postage added in.

• Advertisement

We designed our own and got them printed along with the invites. Didn't work out too expensive.

Menu tasting went really well. Have our menu nearly picked, just trying to decide now between beef or lamb. I know not a lot of people like lamb, but it was delicious. The beef was also very good though. Decisions, decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

The lamb went down a storm at ours.

Thinking of going to visatprint for ours or else the local printer. There are lots of them corkclaire on the wedding cork page on facebook

Id go Lamb jaja defo more popular. We had it for ours too Lamb and Fish and it was nearly 80% went with the lamb ohh it was tasty

Had menu tasting last night. Was absolutely stuffed. Food was gorgeous.

great to hear what are ye having

Ooh interesting to hear that feedback... thought the beef would be more popular. I love lamb personally myself. There will also be a fish course.. hake...so kinda feel like people will eat one of those anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

It's a know your crowd thing with beef vs lamb I think.
    If your guests are more conservative in their tastes then beef, if they're generally into food and a bit more adventurous then lamb.

Also depends a bit what time of year your wedding is, lamb is pretty seasonal and late in the season it can be very tough.

That's kinda what we thought too but even his sister who normally doesn't have lamb went mad for it, and others too who would be fairly pickey eaters were the same.. Very surprised.. oh Hake that's what we had too yummie but being honest the lamb was nicer

We're going with the traditional turkey and ham as it's December and it's himselfs favourite meal. Also salmon with sundries tomato and feta in filo pastry. Both were lovely!

• Advertisement

Sounds delicious CBFi... All this talk of food now has got me hungry have the roasties in the oven :).. The salmon sounds very tasty

Advertisement