Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Don't have a clue what is happening just been told to be ready for 11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Milly33 wrote:
    Don't have a clue what is happening just been told to be ready for 11

Oh that's cool. My BM has ran everything past me, but she's doing all the hard work. I don't think I'd cope well with not knowing.

Back to the land of the living delighted I took today off work as I'm whacked.. We ended up going to Baltimore, had dinner in Caseys which we yummie, then relaxed that evening with a few games, next dya up bright an early to little picnic boxes and a fun tour of the harbour, stopped off in Sherkin and then had cocktail night in the house after that is was great craic so much fun...

called into Dun Na Sead Castle too I didn't realise you can rent the place out for weddings. small ones around 80 perhaps

Milly33 wrote: »
    Back to the land of the living delighted I took today off work as I'm whacked.. We ended up going to Baltimore, had dinner in Caseys which we yummie, then relaxed that evening with a few games, next dya up bright an early to little picnic boxes and a fun tour of the harbour, stopped off in Sherkin and then had cocktail night in the house after that is was great craic so much fun...

called into Dun Na Sead Castle too I didn't realise you can rent the place out for weddings. small ones around 80 perhaps

Ah Milly, your hen sounds great. So glad you enjoyed it. You surely would need a day off after all that!

Did your BM's organise everything seperately or was it a package?

Friday and Monday are my two stressful, busy days in work so I'm definitely taking those days off for my hen weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

I had my hen in London at the weekend. Bridesmaid/friends organised it all. I only knew the location cause of a slip of the tongue. Great weekend. I moved house last weekend so it was perfect timing.

Now the real work starts. Time to get the invites finalised, list drawn up (we still have no idea how many guests we're having), dresses altered, cake flavours to be decided, menu taster night, flowers, rings, my priest needs to be chased (he still hasn't sent on the paperwork I filled in 2 months ago), aaaagh its all enough to give me butterflies. But I know it will all come together in the end.

Lovely to read how the other brides days have all come and gone without any hitches. Shows there is no reason to get too stressed.

• Advertisement

My bridesmaids done all too. I had no idea what was happening, until we got there I knew we would be heading to Caseys for dinner that was it.. I was the same took the Friday and the Monday off too relax after it all, it is most defiantly needed..

all go from here too Mayo Miss all getting a bit ahhh that is it only a few months away now..

Tried on a dress in all on the way down there, Brides of Eire lovely ladies in there and the dresses were for nothing but still not the one...

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

My bridesmaids done all too. I had no idea what was happening, until we got there I knew we would be heading to Caseys for dinner that was it.. I was the same took the Friday and the Monday off too relax after it all, it is most defiantly needed..

all go from here too Mayo Miss all getting a bit ahhh that is it only a few months away now..

Tried on a dress in all on the way down there, Brides of Eire lovely ladies in there and the dresses were for nothing but still not the one...

Are you still looking for a dress? How close are you to the wedding now?

mmmmm end of August.. Twill be fine, I'm so bad though I'm not a shopper at all worst nightmare so it is.. but I'm sure something will show up

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

mmmmm end of August.. Twill be fine, I'm so bad though I'm not a shopper at all worst nightmare so it is.. but I'm sure something will show up

Bhldn have some gorgeous stuff online. Ivory and pearl in the north has a sample sale this weekend. They have gorgeous dresses. J crew also worth a look online

Thanks westernlass.. Ivory Pearl look loverly alright just the trip up there.. But well shall see if needs be needs be.... Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

what kind of dresses have you liked the look of milly? Mabe if you send us links to a few we can give you some ideas. I love looking at wedding dresses!

Oh your too kind hayes.. I am a terror I don't know what brands as such I have tried but I know the styles which I have gone through them all. The last one now I must say in Brides of Eire was the nicest fitting one but still it wasn't what I wanted... Going to ring mr dressmaker again and see what he says. A little annoyed he didn't come back to me on Friday or yesterday but was just too tired to chase it up yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    Lovely to read how the other brides days have all come and gone without any hitches. Shows there is no reason to get too stressed.

It's amazing when the day comes, you just can't stop thinking that you've put so much effort over the past year for one day!

When it finally arrives, after the morning jitters go away, you are able to just relax and enjoy. More often than not, everything goes by smoothly. If it doesn't, you can be guaranteed it's something that isn't even noticed by your guests. Just let it pass you by and enjoy your day!

You're spending so much time and money on this one day there is absolutely no way you should be stressing over it. Sure it all boils down to the fact you're joining your life with the one you love so why the hell should you be having any worries on a day like that.

Relax, have a few drinks, laugh, cry, dance and give yourself the most memorable day possible. Don't be worrying that the chair covers are the wrong colour or a piece of hair fell out of place ;)
    You'll look gorgeous, he'll look gorgeous and you'll both be the happiest you've ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Girls, any tips for pain in the ball of foot? I very seldom wear heels and I've been spending the past week breaking in my wedding shoes. While in general they are a perfect fit and comfortable (as far as heels go imo) I find after a short time wearing them my feet are burning with pain :(

teggers5 wrote: »
    Girls, any tips for pain in the ball of foot? I very seldom wear heels and I've been spending the past week breaking in my wedding shoes. While in general they are a perfect fit and comfortable (as far as heels go imo) I find after a short time wearing them my feet are burning with pain :(

Have you tried the party feet?

http://www.boots.com/en/Scholl-Party-Feet-Invisible-Gel-Cushions-1-Pair_9197/

kildareash wrote: »

I've tried those.. no help.. :/

Have you any hard skin on the all of your foot? i find that this is whatcauses me pain. Perhaps a trip to a podiatrist?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

Could you get some really cushioned insoles? I had a pair of shoes that were unwearable without some cushioning for my feet but insoles worked perfectly!

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Have you any hard skin on the all of your foot? i find that this is whatcauses me pain. Perhaps a trip to a podiatrist?

I don't really have hard skin. I've been keeping them well moisturized the past while getting ready for summer :)

Could you get some really cushioned insoles? I had a pair of shoes that were unwearable without some cushioning for my feet but insoles worked perfectly!

I'm going shopping tommorow and will have a look for some.. I'm thinking this is my best option..

• Advertisement

What are the soles of the soes like? I f you are looking for insoles,leather soles are usually the most comfortable

The little gel ones you get are great too..So not looking forward to breaking in the heels... You can get ones too that kinda of grip and cushion the back of you ankle..

One more week for the dressmaker anywho..We are going looking at material on Sat and we shall take it from there.. Some news fingers crossed...

Dealing with the pesky heat rash now, hands are covered in it used to it at this stage but so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Try taping the third and fourth toes of each foot Teggers! There's a nerve that goes between those toes, and it causes pain in the ball of the foot when they seperate. Try it- and good luck!! :-)

fannymagee wrote: »
    Try taping the third and fourth toes of each foot Teggers! There's a nerve that goes between those toes, and it causes pain in the ball of the foot when they seperate. Try it- and good luck!! :-)

Ok so I bought a pair of cushioned insoles and a pair of leather ones too. I will give both a try over the next couple of days and report back :)

Actually Fanny now that you say it, I remember reading somewhere that's what supermodel do when wearing heels on the runway. No harm in trying it!! ;)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Let me highly recommend having a pair of flat shoes or bridal Converse for the evening! Looking back, I probably could have done with going up to a 7 in my heels and filling some of the space back with cushioning, and getting into my lacy flats in the evening was awesome.

Let me highly recommend having a pair of flat shoes or bridal Converse for the evening! Looking back, I probably could have done with going up to a 7 in my heels and filling some of the space back with cushioning, and getting into my lacy flats in the evening was awesome.

Most definitely will be bringing flats for the dancefloor!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Most definitely will be bringing flats for the dancefloor!

If you're getting new flats break them in too. My feet were swollen after my heels and the heat and my flats cut me at the back of my heels, side of my foot - basically anywhere that rubbed. Still love them though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 summer_chic

It's amazing when the day comes, you just can't stop thinking that you've put so much effort over the past year for one day!

When it finally arrives, after the morning jitters go away, you are able to just relax and enjoy. More often than not, everything goes by smoothly. If it doesn't, you can be guaranteed it's something that isn't even noticed by your guests. Just let it pass you by and enjoy your day!

You're spending so much time and money on this one day there is absolutely no way you should be stressing over it. Sure it all boils down to the fact you're joining your life with the one you love so why the hell should you be having any worries on a day like that.

Relax, have a few drinks, laugh, cry, dance and give yourself the most memorable day possible. Don't be worrying that the chair covers are the wrong colour or a piece of hair fell out of place ;)
    You'll look gorgeous, he'll look gorgeous and you'll both be the happiest you've ever been.

I agree completely ! I'm a couple of weeks past our big day, and its amazing how little a lot of those tiny details you obsess about actually mean to you on the day ! It bucketed rain on our day, our photos will feature a very wet bridal party, but it really didn't matter to us ! From the moment I saw the back if his head when he stood up in the church, it all made perfect sense to me, and getting to him was the only thing that mattered !! Relax and enjoy, and your guests will follow suit , try not to stress out too much beforehand, because its just a waste of precious energy !! I hope you all have as great a day as we had !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

I agree completely ! I'm a couple of weeks past our big day, and its amazing how little a lot of those tiny details you obsess about actually mean to you on the day ! It bucketed rain on our day, our photos will feature a very wet bridal party, but it really didn't matter to us ! From the moment I saw the back if his head when he stood up in the church, it all made perfect sense to me, and getting to him was the only thing that mattered !! Relax and enjoy, and your guests will follow suit , try not to stress out too much beforehand, because its just a waste of precious energy !! I hope you all have as great a day as we had !

Awwwww!! :)

• Advertisement

Where would I find reasonably priced hair accessories? Was just looking on some random website from a google search and they're nearly €100, I'm not paying that for one day's wear.

Advertisement