Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ok Sticky said I would stop crashing the other thread.. How much exactly are you paying per head for what, and you most defiantly should have a contract with the hotel for everything on the day, from what place settings are there, to what food is being served, to what rooms you get etc... How much you are to pay

otherwise if something goes whooppsie on the day you have no come back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ok Sticky said I would stop crashing the other thread.. How much exactly are you paying per head for what, and you most defiantly should have a contract with the hotel for everything on the day, from what place settings are there, to what food is being served, to what rooms you get etc... How much you are to pay

otherwise if something goes whooppsie on the day you have no come back

I didn't think about that. I'll ask for a contract to be put in place before we give the next payment. I mean I have their brochures showing all the prices, also emails between us and the excel spreadsheet they created for our budget

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's really bizarre that they didn't send you a contract. I wouldn't go any further without one. As in, I'd email them right now and clarify :)

Do really Sticky, and make sure they give you all the details and confirm how much ye have paid so far and what is left to pay.

Just thinking of our own he has it broken down for canapés (how they are being served), main dinner, late night bites.
    What will be supplied to dress the tables from water glasses to wine glasses.
    What time they will sever the food and how much of which they will serve.

I know somethings may be a given but really unless you have it in writing that least say they are providing the wine glasses then you might be there on the day drinking from tumblers and not have anything to say to them..

Sorry I cannot remember the name of the venue but I know you said they were well used to doing weddings and they are on the upper scale, but I am very surprised they didn't offer a contract or suggest one...

Do really Sticky, and make sure they give you all the details and confirm how much ye have paid so far and what is left to pay.

Just thinking of our own he has it broken down for canapés (how they are being served), main dinner, late night bites.
    What will be supplied to dress the tables from water glasses to wine glasses.
    What time they will sever the food and how much of which they will serve.

I know somethings may be a given but really unless you have it in writing that least say they are providing the wine glasses then you might be there on the day drinking from tumblers and not have anything to say to them..

Sorry I cannot remember the name of the venue but I know you said they were well used to doing weddings and they are on the upper scale, but I am very surprised they didn't offer a contract or suggest one...

That's a bit different for your venue because you are just hiring the venue and providing the caterer yourself. So of course it needs to be spelled out who's providing the wine glasses and what will be supplied to dress the tables. My venue are supplying the food from their own kitchens, everything is coming from them so it's a bit more clear cut. I don't think I have to ask them if the wine will be served in glasses in fairness :p
    Also I know exactly how much everything is costing - corkage for the drinks reception, canapes (how much per head times how many people) main course adult or child, corkage for the wine with dinner (and how many bottles as we are supplyign the wine) and late night supper how many pizzas. Also the food for the night after party. I have all those details I know exactly how much everything costs and who's providing what. They went through it all in detail at the 1st planning meeting, 2nd planning meeting and they emailed me 2 documents, one is the 'schedule for the day' and the other one is 'draft budget' which contains all that info and they update it and send it onto me after each meeting.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I'm well aware of that haha

It sounds like you already have the contract from the other thread, ye just didn't sign anything.

Ah tis all up to yerselfs...

I must say you have completely lost me you either have it or you dont

I must say you have completely lost me you either have it or you dont

A contract is something that is signed by both parties right?
    I don't have that! Do you????

Yes and yes it is

• Advertisement

sticky, note for your next meeting re wine - ask them to only open bottles as they are needed. Happens too often in venues that they open all of them and you are left with wasted bottles.

Ps: still waiting for broadband but haven't forgotten you. :)

sticky, note for your next meeting re wine - ask them to only open bottles as they are needed. Happens too often in venues that they open all of them and you are left with wasted bottles.

Ps: still waiting for broadband but haven't forgotten you. :)

Cheers. No more meetings left !:eek:
    I can clarify via email. I was conservative with the numbers of bottles of wine that I am bringing in so I'm not expecting to have any left but yeah of course I would hate to see half empty bottles around teh place, it's a nice wine and we're looking forward to taking any unused bottles home afterwards!

Hi Sticky sorry bombarding the other thread but it does kinda sound like ye don't know exactly what ye wanted in the first place and that the venue is a bit up their own something or another I wouldn't be letting them run away with ye... Ye seem to know things, but then not know them until someone mentions something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Got the pictures of my completed cake topper last night - it is fecking awesome, he got my dress absolutely perfect in it :) We should be getting it this week.

Can I ask who you're getting the topper from and if it's a clay one? I'm not getting married til next year but I'm carefully researching now who's best to create a cake topper that features our dog!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We got ours from Top Art Cake Toppers - they are polymer clay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

We got ours from Top Art Cake Toppers - they are polymer clay.

Great, thanks! They look really good

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Envelopes ordered, stamps ordered, address labels ready to print and about to send proofs of our invite to our printer friend. Eeeep the invitations might actually be in the post soon!

Great stuff well done, ye will have to have a wedding invite night..

Hoping to get ours out this weekend cant wait to have them done, got some lovely stamps from an post fun ones and serious ones

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Cheers. No more meetings left !:eek:
    I can clarify via email. I was conservative with the numbers of bottles of wine that I am bringing in so I'm not expecting to have any left but yeah of course I would hate to see half empty bottles around teh place, it's a nice wine and we're looking forward to taking any unused bottles home afterwards!

A contract doesn't have to be signed or even written to be a contract. I'd say what you have, i.e. the written terms of agreement of everything you have agreed, is sufficient if you have paid a deposit and the deposit has been accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Uriel. wrote: »
    A contract doesn't have to be signed or even written to be a contract. I'd say what you have, i.e. the written terms of agreement of everything you have agreed, is sufficient if you have paid a deposit and the deposit has been accepted.

This is true, a verbal contract is still a binding contract.

• Advertisement

Id say though in fairness a verbal contract you wouldn't have much come back with. It would be a lot of well he said and she said, unless you had witness

Id say though in fairness a verbal contract you wouldn't have much come back with. It would be a lot of well he said and she said, unless you had witness

Not true. There is a lot of precedent in common law that a verbal contract is legal and binding on both parties once an offer has been made and consideration has been given and accepted. :)

trying to prove it would be a catch

All the documentation and back and forth emails along with the fact that the deposit was accepted is all the proof that a court of law needs.

Yes that would be grand but that's not verbal. Verbal would be hi I will give you this for free, you say yeah that's great! with no paper trail etc...

If you want to debate the merits of a particular verbal contract being proven in court, I don't think this is the right forum. What I am trying to say to you is that, based on what Sticky has said about her supporting documentation and the fact that money has changed hands, legally she is covered. And its not very nice that you seem to want to put the fear of God into her when its very clear that you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

Hairdresser seems to think that doing our hair at 8:30am for a 3pm ceremony is appropriate. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

(I have short hair. The trial took ~20 minutes.)

WTF indeed. Good luck getting a photographer in at that time for pre ceremony shots. Me thinks she / they must have other bookings on the same day?

That was not my intention and I think Sticky knows this, and you aren't getting all the story so don't be too quick to say stuff.
    Sticky did not explain all properly, it was mentioned on a different thread that she did not have a contract.

If you look back youll see a post from me saying I came back here as I said I didn't want to be taking over another thread about something else. Sticky first said she didn't have a contract and me and a few others said that she really should, to even cover her own and after a few comments then sticky came back to say she had this and had that.. So all was not clear

Have'nt got my hair done in ages looking forward to it.. Does everyone have their styles already picked, there are so many..

Going to send off the ring at the weekend to be made cant wait to see them when they come back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Six months from today...eeek!

We only have a verbal contract with our hotel. Didn't sign anything. Only paid a deposit a couple of months ago. We were worried going in that they wld renage on a few extras we had agreed but the guy had it all written down on our date in their dairy. Abolsutely no issues at all.
    Our hotel is not the fanciest of hotels in town, but they have a great reputation. It's been a pleasure dealing with them so far.

Advertisement