Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Beer Mile Championships 28/6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

ecoli wrote: »
    Dunno how I spotted it was you to be honest. Haha dunno I am just after a 7 day training stint for this (although that backfired last year)

Still on the fence for this on as I have to assess current fitness and see whether a monk like approach is needed to undo the damage of the last week for the sake of DCM :D

Man up and just do it! haha.

Think the break from training will do you the world of good. Recharge the batteries after a lot of races. Now stop down playing your chances :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

. Now stop down playing your chances :)

No need for me to do that. History speaks for itself :P
    drquirky wrote: »
    Ok- Here is what I have- my chips may be a bit off (precision style) so if you got a different time on your watch let me know and I'll change it...well done to all involved and many thanks to the volunteers!

TRR 1 07:06
    Krusty_Clown 2 07:42
    Running King 3 07:43
    Peckham 4 08:07
    Killerz 5 08:13
    KielyUnusual 6 08:40
    Shels4ever 7 10:01
    Blockic 8 10:07
    Diggerd2d 9 10:17
    ClaraLara 1 10:21
    RedB 10 10:22
    Timmay 1 10:49
    aburke 11 12:09
    Menoscemo 12 13:08
    Yellow Feather 2F 14:25
    Ecoli 13 15:28
    Wideball 14 15:52

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

No need for me to do that. History speaks for itself :P

Did you walk or something??!!

McMillan put you down to smash the mythical 9 hour marathon by almost 17 minutes.

Some shape.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

TRR 07:06
    Krusty_Clown 07:42
    Running King 07:43
    Peckham 08:07
    Did TRR really beat me by that much? :eek:
    He used to be my hero, before he became a pussy.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I recall TRR mentioning a potential sub 7 assault a few weeks ago down at the Tallaght Graded meet. What has happened?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

TRR wrote: »
    I'm considering doing a Lennox Lewis on it ;) and retiring at the top. Don't think I'll do it this year have to get my ever growing fat arse back into a training regime and beer mile training doesn't help :) Will go along to spectate and go for a few post race beers though!
    morceli wrote: »
    Ah pussy.....
    Your taunts won't get me out of retirement!
    blockic wrote: »
    He knows he's not in the shape to retain so taking the easy option.

Complete cop out! Throwing away a chance at back to back national titles! That would have been hall of fame stuff...
    RayCun wrote: »
    Any truth in the rumour that TRR is setting up a competing Irish Eating Mile Championship?
    (That's a Cake-eating mile, digger)

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I recall TRR mentioning a potential sub 7 assault a few weeks ago down at the Tallaght Graded meet. What has happened?

right it's on bitches!!!!! Last year I took it handy before my victory lap, this year I'll go from the gun. I may even jump it ;)

Bring the JTG lads along as well, I'm sick of looking at their hangover 800 metre time trial bravado $hite on FB. That's right girls I'm calling the 3 of you out!!!!!!!!! You may have the leg speed but had you the stomach!!!! There is a cocktail version of the race over 100 metres if that's more to you liking!

310064.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

That's the shot of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

I'm considering doing a Lennox Lewis on it ;) and retiring at the top. Don't think I'll do it this year have to get my ever growing fat arse back into a training regime and beer mile training doesn't help :) Will go along to spectate and go for a few post race beers though!
    morceli wrote: »
    Ah pussy.....
    Your taunts won't get me out of retirement!
    blockic wrote: »
    He knows he's not in the shape to retain so taking the easy option.

Complete cop out! Throwing away a chance at back to back national titles! That would have been hall of fame stuff...
    RayCun wrote: »
    Any truth in the rumour that TRR is setting up a competing Irish Eating Mile Championship?
    (That's a Cake-eating mile, digger)

Chivito550 wrote: »
    right it's on bitches!!!!! Last year I took it handy before my victory lap, this year I'll go from the gun. I may even jump it ;)

Bring the JTG lads along as well, I'm sick of looking at their hangover 800 metre time trial bravado $hite on FB. That's right girls I'm calling the 3 of you out!!!!!!!!! You may have the leg speed but had you the stomach!!!! There is a cocktail version of the race over 100 metres if that's more to you liking!

310064.jpg

And that my friends is how peer pressure works;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

310064.jpg

Hahaha post of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

:) Lol sh!t want to change my vote already.
    Im sure he'll be thanking you all somewhere along nutley lane in october

• Advertisement

Graded meets are on in Tallaght 3 days before the beer mile. How about a group training session afterwards? A sort of Beer Mile Fit4life type of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Came across this at the local Off-License.

355ml and 5.2 % alcohol so fully Kingston Compliant :)
    TRR, I can't believe you are training with that muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

menoscemo wrote: »

I'm intrigued meno. Always thought cans would be the way to go but watching Josh Harris's technique with the bottles persuaded me otherwise for last year. Will have to get a few training runs in with both. 2 cans/bottles with 30 second recoveries for each should be a good indicator.

I'm intrigued meno. Always thought cans would be the way to go but watching Josh Harris's technique with the bottles persuaded me otherwise for last year. Will have to get a few training runs in with both. 2 cans/bottles with 30 second recoveries for each should be a good indicator.

Brooklyn Lager is damn tasty beer. I believe Beepbeep used it last year (in bottles) O'Briens sells it though it's a bit pricy (€2.49/can).
    After my abysmal performance last year I am going to take a few risks. I believe I was over trained last year, gonna go into this one off minimal training and try to wing it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Brooklyn Lager is damn tasty beer. I believe Beepbeep used it last year (in bottles) O'Briens sells it though it's a bit pricy (€2.49/can).
    After my abysmal performance last year I am going to take a few risks. I believe I was over trained last year, gonna go into this one off minimal training and try to wing it!!

Very tasty, but too rich for beer mile malarkey

I'm going to try get my hands on some Aussie beer from bottles. I think Molloy's stock all the generic piss from Down Under. The big advantage is that such beer is twist off, cutting down on valuable wasted seconds messing around with a bottle opener. It's a game of inches after all.

Im sure he'll be thanking you all somewhere along nutley lane in october

Seriously I should not be left alone on a Saturday night with a supply of beer and internet access (don't worry everything was legal ;)). There should be an app on my laptop that prevents me from smack talk while drinking!

I refer you to this question posted to you while you were the artists in the A/R spotlight.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90178299&postcount=48

specifically
    In the coal hole you tried to convince me that craft beers were better than common industrial brewed beers because, and I quote, "they brew less pints when brewing craft beer, while the industrial scale beer is brewed in the millions, therefore craft beer is better". How did the craft beer taste when you were spewing it back up in the lobby of the hotel while I sipping a pint of Carling in the hotel bar?

have you learned nothing?

have you learned nothing?

No, you're just a heathen, like someone who has his fillet steak well done. I give up.

No, you're just a heathen, like someone who has his fillet steak well done. I give up.

ha ha says the neanderthal who destroys hotel lobbies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

I do recall RunningKing wearing a nuns Habit and sunglasses (on a very rainy day), just thought I'd include that as I wouldn't like him to be disenfranchised.

Its a pity he cant run this year, I reckon he could do some damage to the competition seen as TRR has chickened out left on a high.

• Advertisement

I do recall RunningKing wearing a nuns Habit and sunglasses (on a very rainy day), just thought I'd include that as I wouldn't like him to be disenfranchised.

Its a pity he cant run this year, I reckon he could do some damage to the competition seen as TRR has chickened out left on a high.

Is AMK running.

Wouldn't it be gas if RK turned up for just one night of craziness. Dressed head to toe in the habit. Cigarette hanging from his mouth, a gang of women surrounding him hanging on his every word. And when the gun goes he lashes his first and every subsequent bottle of beer back with a tequila chaser while doing 68 second laps. Bring back the real King!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Is AMK running.

Wouldn't it be gas if RK turned up for just one night of craziness. Dressed head to toe in the habit. Cigarette hanging from his mouth, a gang of women surrounding him hanging on his every word. And when the gun goes he lashes his first and every subsequent bottle of beer back with a tequila chaser while doing 68 second laps. Bring back the real King!

Nah, he's too pc and passive for that kind of messing nowadays :cool:

Gavlor wrote: »
    Nah, he's too pc and passive for that kind of messing nowadays :cool:

It seems peer pressure works ;) so maybe he should be taunted into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Is AMK running.

would love to do it - but unfortunately its my wedding anniversary and I'm man enough to say that I wouldn't even contemplate saying that I'm going on a beer mile!! :p
    I need as many brownie points as I can get.

Just 10 days out from the big race. How is everyone's preparations coming along?

Don't feel very prepared myself. I simply haven't been putting the base miles in. It's been a month since I've had a night out that you could describe remotely heavy. Will throw in a couple of skulking sessions next week, but I think the PB will be hard to beat off minimal mileage.

Not the best timing for me, 3 weeks out from nationals, but will give it a bash. May surprise myself.

No training/beering boasts from me. I am taking a chilled out approach this year and will be doing no specific training. I'm putting in more time getting together my fancy dress for the event.
    I felt I was a bit over beered going into the last event so plan to turn up fresh on the night and hope my decades of base training pay dividend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

I'm planning a MLFDR (medium long fairly drunk run) on Saturday evening, but without the in session fueling. I hope if I can run 4 miles at 7:20ish pace with about 4 pints in, it should be a decent session..

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

I'm planning a MLFDR (medium long fairly drunk run) on Saturday evening, but without the in session fueling. I hope if I can run 4 miles at 7:20ish pace with about 4 pints in, it should be a decent session..

4 miles as the crow flies, or as the drunk runs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Not meaning to be too analytical but running when drunk doesn't really prepare you for the day. You are surprisingly sober when you finish the race. The alcohol doesn't hit the blood stream until a few minutes later.

I'd recommend downing a 1.5 litre bottle of coke before heading out to get that bloated full of carbon dioxide feeling, then hit your 5% can on the last mile and aim for a fast finish.

If you're doing it, you may as well do it right ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

If a randomer was thinking of signing up for this, what time would they need to be able to ordinarily run a mile in to make a decent fist of it? And are there any rules regarding the usage of straws?

Advertisement