Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Not any better imho than the Breysers or St Etienne in Aldi which are cheaper at normal price than the Perlenbacher is on offer.

Think it's best agree to disagree in this case

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Adjusts glasses, I think you're both wrong as both "beers" are crap. Snort.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

4 cans of flavoured Bulmers 7 euros in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,645 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco (until next Sunday)

1 litre bottles €23
    Bacardi
    Captain Morgan
    Cork Dry Gin
    Gordons Gin
    Smirnoff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

1 litre bottles €23
    Bacardi
    Captain Morgan
    Cork Dry Gin
    Gordons Gin
    Smirnoff

A litre of captain Morgan for €23, yes f'n please.
    Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

1 litre bottles €23
    Bacardi
    Captain Morgan
    Cork Dry Gin
    Gordons Gin
    Smirnoff
    this is equivalent to €16.10 per 700ml

8 pack cans 11 euro in Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Some interesting beers in Lidl:

J3eyYZw.png

eAkFdmv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Some interesting beers in Lidl:

J3eyYZw.png

eAkFdmv.png

Anyone able to give an opinion? Never heard of any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

This post has been deleted.

Tax and excise on 2 litres of beer, at current Revenue rates, in Ireland- comes to a total of 5.68 (VAT, Excise and duty).

Not entirely sure how Lidl (or indeed Tesco) are managing their prices.
    Vis-a-vis the 1 litre bottles of spirits in Tesco- the duty/excise/VAT- comes to more than the entire price that Tesco are charging.

I'm guessing they're applying customer quotas!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,645 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not entirely sure how Lidl (or indeed Tesco) are managing their prices.
    Vis-a-vis the 1 litre bottles of spirits in Tesco- the duty/excise/VAT- comes to more than the entire price that Tesco are charging.

I'm guessing they're applying customer quotas!

Yes there's signs saying 3 bottle max on some of the price lables.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I don't think it is. Unless my calcs are wrong? I did it before to confirm tesco were selling their cheapest vodka & rum below cost.

The spirits listed are 37.5% or less, excise is "€42.57 per litre of alcohol in the spirits" so €15.96 per litre of 37.5%.

Vat is 23%, on their €23 bottle €4.30 is VAT, and they get €18.69, which will cover the excise.

It would seem to me it would have to be sold below €19.63 per litre (€13.74 per 700ml), to be below the excise & VAT amounts.

They could well be selling below cost but that is not what you were saying.

Spirits are very cheap to produce, and when I see deals like this I presume it is the distilleries & breweries who are taking the hit, and not just tesco deciding to decimate their own profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Negative_G wrote: »
    Anyone able to give an opinion? Never heard of any of them.

Ozujsko is a fairly decent Croatian beer, they use less preservatives on their locally sold beer, not sure if the export has the same recipe. These bottles cost about 50cent retail in Croatia so a decent markup !!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

rubadub wrote: »

Spirits are very cheap to produce, and when I see deals like this I presume it is the distilleries & breweries who are taking the hit, and not just tesco deciding to decimate their own profits.
    and decimate my liver too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

rubadub wrote: »
    Spirits are very cheap to produce

Unaged spirits like vodka, rum, gin are. Anything that has to be aged in wood (whiskey, brandy) isn't! especially if there are rules as to grain/grape content

For the last week or so my local Dunnes has had a litre of Powers at €32. Dropped into South Great Georges' St (Dublin :) ) outlet today (Thurs) and they had them for €30! So with a €10 Dunnes voucher that's €50 for 2 litres and a €10 voucher back. I wouldn't be surprised if this offer didn't last into the weekend though.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭dodzy

Anyone see trays of bud around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

dodzy wrote: »
    Anyone see trays of bud around ?

€28 in Tesco.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    €28 in Tesco.

That offer ended on the 11th me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Anybody recommend a good deal on a nice gin? Budget would be 40-50ish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Lots of local offlicences are holding gin events recently- I know Kenny's in Lucan have a special on gun-shot gin (I'm not vouching for it- I don't drink gin- a nice single malt whiskey is more my thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That offer ended on the 11th me thinks.

Think you're right, but they do have slabs of Heineken for €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

70 cl of Malibu is 16 euro in Supervalue,
    Normally 22-25 (which is a rip off!!)

Problem is, you can drink two bottles before realising you have.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

Boyles Gin from Aldi is about €26 all the time. It is made by Blackwater Distillery and really good.

O'Briens have a spirit sale and have decent prices on craft gin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

Can anyone who has been to Indonesia recommend a pils like Bintang that can be bought in Ireland?

Largers don't suit my stomach because of how carbonated and bitter they are, but I found I could drink a lot of Bintang when i was over there.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

et101 wrote: »
    8 for 6 Perlenbacher in Lidl from Monday..... oh happy days, Lidl here I come woo hoo :D

Normally this offer is followed fairly quickly by "Polish Week", where you can get Argus beer for €1.50/can - anyone know if there's one of these coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Normally this offer is followed fairly quickly by "Polish Week", where you can get Argus beer for €1.50/can - anyone know if there's one of these coming up?

Next week according to this week's magazine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'm on Lidl's email thingy but still not on the inside track on upcoming offers :(

It's only a couple of months since they had the Argus beer in last, not bad but I prefer the Tatra beer. On a bang per buck basis however the Argus Strong can't be beat.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Anybody recommend a decent low/non alcohol beer? Brother in law coming to visit so need a few bottles in but don't want to spend too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Anybody recommend a decent low/non alcohol beer? Brother in law coming to visit so need a few bottles in but don't want to spend too much.

the only decent non-alcoholic that I've tasted is is erdinger or paulaner - anything else that i've tasted is muck...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement