Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

Anybody recommend a decent low/non alcohol beer? Brother in law coming to visit so need a few bottles in but don't want to spend too much.

Graffiti Pale Ale is a nice low alcohol beer. 3.6% if I remember right. You should be able to pick it up in Lidl.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ablelocks wrote: »
    the only decent non-alcoholic that I've tasted is is erdinger or paulaner - anything else that i've tasted is muck...

+1 on the Erdinger- not that fond of the Paulaner though.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Tesco (until next Sunday)

1 litre bottles €23
    Bacardi
    Captain Morgan
    Cork Dry Gin
    Gordons Gin
    Smirnoff

Does anyone know if this promotion finished early? I went in today to grab a couple of litres and there was nothing at €23, eg captain Morgan was €29

• Registered Users Posts: 81,671 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

caycro wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this promotion finished early? I went in today to grab a couple of litres and there was nothing at €23, eg captain Morgan was €29

Finishes today. Sometimes in Tesco on the day an offer ends the pricing will be changed on the shelves but at the till you will pay the offer price. There was an ad in todays Sunday World confirming it ends today so should still stand in all shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

12x330ml bottles Peroni 15 euro in obriens..
    Good price , invested in a case this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭donegal_man

ablelocks wrote: »
    the only decent non-alcoholic that I've tasted is is erdinger or paulaner - anything else that i've tasted is muck...
    Richie71 wrote: »
    Graffiti Pale Ale is a nice low alcohol beer. 3.6% if I remember right. You should be able to pick it up in Lidl.

Thank you for those, I picked up a couple of the Erdinger for the B in L and the Graffiti for me. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Anybody recommend a decent low/non alcohol beer? Brother in law coming to visit so need a few bottles in but don't want to spend too much.

Erdinger's Alcohol free beer is ridiculously overpriced (exactly the same price as the alcoholised one) considering there should be no excise on it, but Supervalu is now doing a Svytury lager at €1 which was fairly drinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tazz T wrote: »
    Erdinger's Alcohol free beer is ridiculously overpriced (exactly the same price as the alcoholised one) considering there should be no excise on it
    In most offies & pubs that I have seen it there is a price difference.

O Briens are €3 for regular and €2 for alcohol free.

https://www.obrienswine.ie/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=erdinger

It costs more to produce it as they are meant to brew it normally and then process out the alcohol. But they then save on excsie as you say.

In drinkstore it is 3.35/2.25 regular/alc free

http://www.drinkstore.ie/store/search.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭dodzy

That new monster off-licence in the Blanch Shopping centre sure know how to charge for stuff. Picked up a few bottles of Smirnoff Ice last week @ €2.40 ea. Was under time pressure so bought them knowing full well that I could have got 6 for €11 in Molloys. Won't be happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

dodzy wrote: »
    That new monster off-licence in the Blanch Shopping centre sure know how to charge for stuff. Picked up a few bottles of Smirnoff Ice last week @ €2.40 ea. Was under time pressure so bought them knowing full well that I could have got 6 for €11 in Molloys. Won't be happening again.

I got stung a couple of weeks ago, when I was visiting friends and I had to use Molloys, got charged €14 for a pack of 8 cans. That same weekend, tesco's had the same beer for €28 a slab of 24.

I generally only use Molloys when I want to try something different, as they probably have the best selection but they sure do know how to price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lidl 500ml Franziskaner 4 for €6 until Jul 23rd

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Any recommendation on the Aldi/Lidl Gin?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ao

LEIN wrote: »

Boyles gin from Aldi is nice. Probably their most expensive at €25 but definitely worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

LEIN wrote: »

Currently drinking the Lidl, it's a grand drop, i wouldn't buy Gordons or cork while this stuff is around. The Aldi one too is great also. you can buy both for the price of Gun Powder

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Ao wrote: »
    Boyles gin from Aldi is nice. Probably their most expensive at €25 but definitely worth the money.

I tried the €15 one from Aldi and it wasn't great. Boyles looks the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭Xterminator

picked up 8 x bulmers 500ml for €10 in eurospar last night.

decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Try Nanny State by Brew Dog. Really tasty stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Was in supervalu blanchardstown earlier they have 12 x bud 500ml,2 for €25.I think guinness is on it too just not 100% certain,"mix and match 2 for €25"is on the receipt.Had one of those supervalu €6 off €25 or over vouchers too,so it went well!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

magentis wrote: »
    Was in supervalu blanchardstown earlier they have 12 x bud 500ml,2 for €25.I think guinness is on it too just not 100% certain,"mix and match 2 for €25"is on the receipt.Had one of those supervalu €6 off €25 or over vouchers too,so it went well!

Nice...

M

Yes ad in the paper today, bout time there was near €1 a can, was a drought the last few weeks.

Supervalu
    Guinness/Carslberg/Bud/Bulmers 12x500ml any 2 for €25
    Absolut 700ml €18
    Powers 700ml €22

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Had one of those supervalu €6 off €25 or over vouchers too,so it went well!

Where and by what criteria does one obtain one of these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Where and by what criteria does one obtain one of these?

You need to have a super valu real rewards account.Try signing up and downloading the app.I think you need to have used the fob first but worth a try.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes ad in the paper today, bout time there was near €1 a can, was a drought the last few weeks.

Supervalu
    Absolut 700ml €18
    Powers 700ml €22
    Oh, nice! Must check my local SuperValu tomorrow evening to see if they bothered to offer this deal!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Was passing Cork's Off Licence in Terenure this evening, they're having a closing down sale (last day tomorrow apparently). Seemed like reductions on most things, 15% off aged whiskeys/craft gins and 20% off 6+ craft beers. Picked up a bottle of Gunpowder gin for 42.50 and a few bottles of Aventinus Eisbock and 8 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

I've tried a few and yes as said above the Brewdog Nanny State is pretty good but for lagers I find the Becks Blue quite acceptable and €1 a bottle. Only can find it in O'Briens tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Simon201 wrote: »
    I've tried a few and yes as said above the Brewdog Nanny State is pretty good but for lagers I find the Becks Blue quite acceptable and €1 a bottle. Only can find it in O'Briens tho...

My local Dunnes sells Becks Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Supervalu
    Absolut 700ml €18
    Powers 700ml €22

I tried 2 supervalus today and no joy. Ballinteer said they were sold out of the Guinness and Mount Merrion don't have the offer on as 12 Guinness were €17 I asked a member of staff about it and they said the offer wasn't on, Atlantic Dawn I know you live around my area did you get any Guinness anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

casio4 wrote: »
    I tried 2 supervalus today and no joy. Ballinteer said they were sold out of the Guinness and Mount Merrion don't have the offer on as 12 Guinness were €17 I asked a member of staff about it and they said the offer wasn't on, Atlantic Dawn I know you live around my area did you get any Guinness anywhere?

SuperValu on Talbot Street have it anyway, just picked up a 12 pack of Guinness from there...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

it's on their website 2 for €25 but your man in the shop just walked away and ignored me when I said it to him

• Advertisement
    M

casio4 wrote: »

As far as I know once the 2 x €17 Guinness or either of the other 3 are presented in one transaction it will become €25 total at the till.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement