Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Tesco have 24 cans for 26 euro this weekend

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Supervalu have refreshed their wine offers for the weekend- and have an extra tenner off when you buy 6 bottles. Few nice Italians in there- the wine I mean- nice Pinot Grigio blanco for 7 quid a bottle, for example. Chill properly, nice dry white.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Supervalu have the Vielles Vinyard Carignan at 9 at the moment. With the additional tenner off 6 bottles, that's excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭georgem25

keavebm wrote: »
    Tesco have 24 cans for 26 euro this weekend

What drinks are available on this offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

georgem25 wrote: »

Alcoholic ones afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

georgem25 wrote:

Bud is €26 for 24
    Carlsberg is €24 for 24
    Guinness is €30 for 24
    Heineken is €28 for 24

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

keavebm wrote: »
    Bud is €26 for 24
    Carlsberg is €24 for 24
    Guinness is €30 for 24
    Heineken is €28 for 24

and grolsch is 26euro for 24x500ml 5%, which is the best of the lot IMO.

Lots of gin & other spirits on offer in tesco too.

Bulmers is also 28euro for 24x500ml

the search on tesco is crap, you can select offers by deparment but it does not have a beer & cider section, or spirits, just wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

They have 700ml bottle of Powers for 20 euro and 1lt bottle of Smirnoff for 25.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

O'Briens have 12 btls Peroni for 15 Euro. Especially nice beer.

Also same in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bobgaf

Hop House 13, 12 x 330 ml box in Tesco for 15 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

rubadub wrote: »
    the search on tesco is crap, you can select offers by deparment but it does not have a beer & cider section, or spirits, just wine.

?? whatever about searching for spirits in general, you can search for types, I did a search earlier today for whiskey. They have 700mL Powers for €20 which is great value, €23 for Tullamore Dew and Kilbeggan which are usually a good bit more expensive than Paddy / Powers - and whatever about Paddy, as far as I'm concerned Powers is a very under-appreciated whiskey. For the price it's great. I do like my Jameson but for branding reasons they're gradually moving it up in price and making special offers harder to find.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/browse/default.aspx?N=4294953056&Ne=4294954028
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/browse/default.aspx?N=4294794608&Ne=4294954028

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Goin Northern Ireland tomorrow. Where best place to buy jar ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bocon

FLOOPER wrote: »
    O'Briens have 12 btls Peroni for 15 Euro. Especially nice beer.

Also same in Tesco
    bobgaf wrote: »
    Hop House 13, 12 x 330 ml box in Tesco for 15 euro.

Peroni or Hop House 13. Can't decide between them.
    Off to Tesco to buy both I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

bocon wrote: »
    Peroni or Hop House 13. Can't decide between them.
    Off to Tesco to buy both I suppose.

Peroni all the way.

The Hop stuff is horrible imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'd say the opposite but each to their own. Peroni is lager, hh13 is ale (ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭highwaymaniac

Londis have 24 x 330ml bottles of Estrella Galicia for €16, works out at €2/litre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Londis have 24 x 330ml bottles of Estrella Galicia for €16, works out at €2/litre

Bought it yesterday and was disappointed, thought it would be like Estrella Damm but not anywhere near as nice. Its fine but wouldn't buy it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

any specials on Guinness any where I've just been to Tesco thinking they were €30 a slab but it's €14 for 8 cans not much of a bargain there. Nearly every other beer is on special even bulmers slabs but nothing on Guinness :(:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,496 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

casio4 wrote: »
    any specials on Guinness any where I've just been to Tesco thinking they were €30 a slab but it's €14 for 8 cans not much of a bargain there. Nearly every other beer is on special even bulmers slabs but nothing on Guinness :(:(:mad:

The 2x12 pack for €30 can deal is still on according to the website, I picked some up last week. There wasn't a whole lot of it around though, one Tesco had none and another only had 2 lots of it left, both had plenty of 8 packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 AmyTadhg

Tesco is def two 12 packs for €30 until tomorrow, spotted them sitting on the floor in Tesco Maynooth Saturday.
    I was in Dunnes last week & got 8 cans for a tenner, had a €10 off voucher for there so made them €1 a can for me, no idea how long they are on special for in Dunnes as they never display the promotion period on labels.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

prodsc wrote: »
    Cheers, I know about those, but they are the full listings. I am saying if you click on "special offers" you can select many departments, but not beer or cider or spirits. There are 12 pages of spirits to check, and 13 pages in beer/cider. (these can be cut down if you select "show more" to give 40 items per page)

In the general wine section there are 24 pages.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/browse/default.aspx?N=4294953032&Ne=4294954028

there is a specific page of supposedly "all wine offers", but I see it only has a few shown, so is also pretty bad.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/buylist/default.aspx?Name=All+Wine++Offers

Dunnes €10 for 8 Guinness:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,496 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nice, with the €10 off €50 spend vouchers that's €1 a can and you get another €10 off €50 spend voucher back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Anyone know any fizzies on offer this week?

Nice, with the €10 off €50 spend vouchers that's €1 a can and you get another €10 off €50 spend voucher back.

I went to Cornelscourt Dunnes and the girl asked me if I had a voucher I didn't have one so she said that's ok I have one here and she scanned it then handed me back €10 cash I was in shock getting a free tenner :eek: by the way the off licence in that Dunnes has closed and you have to go in to the grocery section now for your alcohol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

TheDriver wrote: »
    I'd say the opposite but each to their own. Peroni is lager, hh13 is ale (ish)

Dont get the love for Peroni ... anytime Ive tried it I found it fairly bland and suffered awful headaches from it (Bottle or draft). Terrible stuff ...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I am saying if you click on "special offers" you can select many departments, but not beer or cider or spirits. There are 12 pages of spirits to check, and 13 pages in beer/cider. (these can be cut down if you select "show more" to give 40 items per page)

Go in to e.g. whiskey and then click on 'special offers' and you'll see only the reduced items.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I seen 12 for €15. There was also 12 for €15 Bulmers cans which is something approaching value as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Picked up a few packs of O'Haras IPA 4 x 330ml reduced to 4.20. In Tesco Artane Castle. Could be nationwide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement