Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭pjq

Will Dunnes / Tesco run 25% off 6 bottle offer before the June Public Holiday? When might it start?
    pjq

et101 wrote: »
    From Monday Lidl are doing the XXL box of Perlenbacher 8 for 6 woo hoo..... happy days. Now I know there will be the usual discussion ie. it's sh1t beer, was good now sh1t, it was better in the brown bottle etc etc, me I'm a simple gal and 8 for 6 makes me veeery happy :P

note that this is the better one brewed in Germany that is actually nice. The only time you get this better one is when it's the 8 for 6 deal. All the other ones that are normally in Lidl outside of this branded as Perlenbacher whether it says Premium Pils or not are brewed in France and are pretty muck / nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

SuperValu from tomorrow until Sunday
    Smirnoff/Gordons Gin/Captain Morgan 1 litre bottles e23

M

Tesco also running this offer now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Any slabs knocking around 24 for 24 etc?

• Advertisement
    M

rafatoni wrote: »
    Any slabs knocking around 24 for 24 etc?

Tesco have Molson and Grolsch for 24, Carlsberg/Bud for 26, Heineken/Guinness are 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

pjq wrote: »
    Will Dunnes / Tesco run 25% off 6 bottle offer before the June Public Holiday? When might it start?
    pjq

Tesco are doing 6 for €40 on a limited number of wines, but not across the board.

Supervalu have €10 off any 6 bottles.

Nothing on Dunnes website or social media about running the deal, and nothing in the Independent print edition today - but couldn't rule it out.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Nothing on Dunnes website or social media about running the deal, and nothing in the Independent print edition today - but couldn't rule it out.

The 25% off 6 bottles (in Clubcard points) is on again. Started yesterday and finishes tomorrow. They had an ad in the local free paper yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

this works out at 16.10 per 700ml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Supervalu doing 12 orchard thieves 500ml cans for 16 notes.

Muggins here bought 8 for 14 in Centra before spotting supervalu's deal. Oh well. It was 2 days ago and still raging :)

It's far nicer from bottle but still 12 of those cans for 16 is a good auld deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Champagne in LIDL today and tomorrow only €12.50, a steal at the price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Decanal Prosecco 75CL €8.99
    Eurospar up till the 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Anyone know of any vouchers going for any of these supermarkets at the moment? Since the €5 off €25 vouchers in Tesco at Christmas I haven't seen anything like that. I see people talking of a Dunned €50 deal from time to time, is this one of those "you get a voucher the first time you spend €50 and can keep renewing it every time you do so again" kind of deals?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anyone know of any vouchers going for any of these supermarkets at the moment? Since the €5 off €25 vouchers in Tesco at Christmas I haven't seen anything like that. I see people talking of a Dunned €50 deal from time to time, is this one of those "you get a voucher the first time you spend €50 and can keep renewing it every time you do so again" kind of deals?

Yes- spend 50 and get a 10-off-when-you-spend-50 voucher to use on your next purchase. Some branches (like George's Street in Dublin) do a spend 25- get a 5 off when you spend off 25 next time. Its been running for over the last 2 years- and is going strong. Your 40 spent- i.e. 50 less a 10 voucher- gets you another 10 voucher- i.e. you don't need to net 50 after the use of the voucher- its the before voucher headline price.

They also have a 25% back in clubcard points on any 6 bottles of wine this weekend (some nice wines there too- had a bottle of Hungarian pinot grigio called 'I heart' last night- I had low expectations- but honestly, it was probably one of the nicest bottles I've drank in a long time. Will try to get another 6 to put in the cupboard this afternoon- bit of a 'no-brainer'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I got 10 euros cashback when I spent 37 euros in Lidl. It's 10 back for every 35 with AIB rewards. I don't think it's running anymore but bound to be back in the future. Great deal to be fair.

12 cans of Bulmers 500ml only 16 euros in Dunnes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

Stella Artois cidre either cans or bottle any one know of decent deals in North Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Not as good as 4 for e6, but O'Brien's have improved their multi buy offer for franziskaner, spaten and staropramen - you now get 6 bottles for e10

• Registered Users Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jameson 1Ltr €38 in Tesco. Leffe 750mL €2.99 in Lidl.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Jameson 1Ltr ?38 in Tesco.
    That works out 26.60 per 700ml

Tesco also have 700ml jameson supposedly on offer for 26.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=261901335

I don't think either price is that good.

Interestingly they do not declare the previous price on either. Probably as the reduction would sound scabby.

I checked google cache to see the previous price. and on 3rd of june it was 25euro, also a supposed offer.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UMB_pPA8V1IJ:https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/%3Fid%3D261901335+&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie&client=ubuntu

several of the flavoured 700ml absoluts are down to 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Stella Artois cidre either cans or bottle any one know of decent deals in North Dublin?

Don't know if you consider this decent but Tesco are currently doing 4 Btls for €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Dunnes have kinsale pale ale 1.85, sabotage pale ale 2.15, hop house 13 1.90, smithwicks pale ale 1.75

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭sceach16

TheDriver wrote: »
    Dunnes have kinsale pale ale 1.85, sabotage pale ale 2.15, hop house 13 1.90, smithwicks pale ale 1.75

This offer runs 6 to 26 June. If you have a voucher for 10 euro off 50,it takes another 40c off a 2 euro beer. It also includes Leann Follain and other O'Haras, Smithwicks red and blonde and a few others!

Its a very good deal, shelf cleared out in local dunnes. KPA is usually 4 for 10 so at 1.48 post voucher is great find. I see Tesco has hop house on 4 for 8 which isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Thanks damien, will pick up some Sapten later

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

rubadub wrote: »
    That works out 26.60 per 700ml

Tesco also have 700ml jameson supposedly on offer for 26.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=261901335

I don't think either price is that good.

Interestingly they do not declare the previous price on either. Probably as the reduction would sound scabby.

I checked google cache to see the previous price. and on 3rd of june it was 25euro, also a supposed offer.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UMB_pPA8V1IJ:https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/%3Fid%3D261901335+&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie&client=ubuntu

several of the flavoured 700ml absoluts are down to 22.

I love your posts. You have to be either a Maths teacher or working in Finance or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They're right though, it's not much of a reduction at all. There were much better whiskey offers going at the May bank holiday, but not for the June one for some strange reason.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

TheDriver wrote: »

Picked up some O'Hara's 51st State for just €2 a bottle with my shopping today (used them to get my shopping up to €50) and even sweeter when they effectively cost me only €1.60 each with my voucher! Hiccup! :D

There was a leaflet in Dunnes that also had brehon and Galway brewery bottles at euro off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Firblog

Not a bargain for anyone else but I bought a 4.5 Litre bottle of Jameson for £72 last week at an auction :D, that's me sorted with whiskey for the foreseeable future..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Firblog wrote: »
    Not a bargain for anyone else but I bought a 4.5 Litre bottle of Jameson for £72 last week at an auction :D, that's me sorted with whiskey for the foreseeable future..

I think i had bid on the same one. I had set myself a limit of £70.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement