Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Probably the best relief one can get.:)

Carlsberg don't do laxatives, but if they did...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭djdunny

I picked up 4 bottles of Leffe in Lidl (Caherdavin, Limerick) last night. They are in the larger 750ml bottle with a champagne like cork. 2.99 per bottle. It seems like a fairly good deal to me. Few boxes of the stuff left when I was there late last night.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

djdunny wrote: »
    I picked up 4 bottles of Leffe in Lidl (Caherdavin, Limerick) last night. They are in the larger 750ml bottle with a champagne like cork. 2.99 per bottle. It seems like a fairly good deal to me. Few boxes of the stuff left when I was there late last night.

Unless you're sharing, the 4x330ml packs for €5.99 in Dunnes are a better deal IMO, especially in conjunction with the shop & save vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

8 cans of Bulmers Light 11 euros in Tesco.

How did ye miss this lads ;)

Polish beers in Lidl - Argus Strong (7.2%) cans and Argus (6%) bottles, both 500ml, €1.49 :D

Still a ****eload left in the Glenageary/Sallynoggin roundabout Lidl anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

eek.pngI've not drank any type of beer that strong since my teens, anyone remember LCL pills Super, think it was something like 8.5%. 4 or 5 cans and off to bed, It was rocket fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Reminds me of white cider in the UK. You'd never be right again after it, it's like 8.2% or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Reminds me of white cider in the UK. You'd never be right again after it, it's like 8.2% or something like that.

Maybe a cross between cider and wine;)

Yeah think I drank it only a couple of times, the lads and myself would've drank the normal LCL so thought the Super would taste similar enough.

How wrong we were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Charlie19 wrote: »
    eek.pngI've not drank any type of beer that strong since my teens, anyone remember LCL pills Super, think it was something like 8.5%. 4 or 5 cans and off to bed, It was rocket fuel.

See that LCL - every can showed so many award badges! Beer of the year etc....

I miss it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Polish Week is back:

Argus Strong Can - €1.49 / €2.98 Litre - 7.2%
    Argus Premium Can - €1.29 / €2.58 Litre - 5%
    Argus Microfiltered Bottle - €1.49 / €2.98 Litre - 6%
    Okocim Can - €1.79 / €3.58 Litre- 5.6%
    Lech Premium Can x 4 - €5.99 / €3.00 Litre - 5.2%

jYJ3yNu.png

• Advertisement

When did Polish week officially start? This or last weekend?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

When did Polish week officially start? This or last weekend?
    The link says from Monday, 8 May.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Trouble brewing range is 4 for 10 in lidl. Aib card holders get 10 off 35 through rewards scheme.
    Got o haras gift box of 8 mixed 500 ml bottles for 10, down from 24 in Tesco but suspect its a local offer. Its a black box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭patrickc

no o'haras other than in the 4 for €10 in carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I have not seen this deal yet, but I'm told that Crested Ten is reduced from 29.35 to 24 in DS.

Add 20% off if you use vouchers, and you pay 19.20.

Under a euro a measure for a good whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Are there any good deals on Guinness around?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

From Monday Lidl are doing the XXL box of Perlenbacher 8 for 6 woo hoo..... happy days. Now I know there will be the usual discussion ie. it's sh1t beer, was good now sh1t, it was better in the brown bottle etc etc, me I'm a simple gal and 8 for 6 makes me veeery happy :P

et101 wrote: »
    From Monday Lidl are doing the XXL box of Perlenbacher 8 for 6 woo hoo..... happy days. Now I know there will be the usual discussion ie. it's sh1t beer, was good now sh1t, it was better in the brown bottle etc etc, me I'm a simple gal and 8 for 6 makes me veeery happy :P

This is from next Monday, the 22nd?

Regarding the brown -> green comparison, they're almost back to normal lately IMO. It was when they initially switched from brown to green (AKA from Germany to France for brewing) that they changed in taste, but they seem to have been drifting back towards their original taste with the last few batches of XXL. That's my experience anyway. Maybe I'm just getting used to the new taste :D

This is from next Monday, the 22nd?

Yes from Monday 22nd.......... bring it on! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

casio4 wrote: »
    Are there any good deals on Guinness around?

Think I saw 24 for either ?26 or ?28 in Tesco yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

Centra have
    Bacardi/Huzzar/CDG/Teachers/Jim Beam & Bushmills 70cl Bottles €20

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

vicwatson wrote: »
    Think I saw 24 for either ?26 or ?28 in Tesco yesterday

Yes 24 for ?28 for the next 2 weeks or so.

M

Tesco
    Molson/Grolsch 24 for e24
    Bud/Carlsberg 24 for e26
    Guinness/Heineken 24 for e28

Smirnoff 1 litre e26
    Absolute 700ml e19

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sponsorgate

O'Briens

12 Peroni for 15 euro

M

Bump, got some today :D

Bump, got some today :D

Me too and I'll be going back for more..... hic ;)

M

Tesco
    Absolut 700ml e18
    Smirnoff/New Amsterdam Vodka/Cork Dry Gin 1 litre e25

• Registered Users Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Bush beer, 4 pack 33cl, in Lidl next week for 8.99.

So 2.25 for a 33cl bottle.

It's a strong golden ale, 10.5%

https://dubuisson.com/en-gb/beers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Bought 5 boxes of it this evening for 36.45, used my Aib credit card to pay for it, giving me a ten euro cashback with the Aib rewards programme.
    40 bottles for 26.45 ,result.
    I might need to dry out in a clinic when they are gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lidl have long kneck bottles of kingfisher, Chang and sapporo for a euro each. cracking beers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement