Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I give more? The answer is usually yes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

You kept the uncle quiet ;) in Athlone on a stag here....some spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Hard to fathom B!!! Keep up what you are at and I'll keep reading. Always enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

denis b wrote: »
    Hard to fathom B!!! Keep up what you are at and I'll keep reading. Always enjoy.

Nice coopertest! I love the way you ‘build into the race’ yet still passed a couple of lads at 200m!

Careful with that foot. Look forward to the Hm exploits. Presume your uncle knows his stuff - not all good runners make good coaches, but you know that!

Don’t mind the naysayers, or the sh1tstirrers, whoever they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

If I thought there was a race soft enough for me to win a trophy I'd be there :D .
    Keep truckin' Baz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Hey Barry sounds like Someone is jealous of the results you are getting from all your hard work.

Keep doing what you’re doing as it’s suiting you and you’ll keep going from strength to strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Watch the foot there, B.

I cant stand that back stabbing sort of stuff - you can only race whats around you.

It be good to get some more nuggets from your uncle - or if he had a training diary? Mileage, sessions etc?
    Although I have a feeling that its very simple stuff with a lot of mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Just catching up here. Nice win. I'd the bling looks well hanging around your neck. I hope you sent TBL a pic for his album!

In relation to only entering soft races that you are guaranteed to win, whoever said that really doesn't know you no race is that soft :p

Keep up the good work, B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

On the training front there is no reason you shouldn't stick to what is working until it stops working. We all need to change things up every now and then to ensure continued improvement but we don't need to jump into standard plans just for the sake of it. The 2 session plus an LR with stuff structure is a pretty normal and most plans are built around it. You just need to make sure that the sessions are focused on providing the simulus the target race needs i.e. the shorter the race the higher intensity the sessions need to be, etc.

Swapping short races in for sessions shouldn't cause too many problems as long as you ensure proper recovery. If you enjoy the racing then that will also help keep you mentally fresh. ENJOY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Just catching up here. Nice win. I'd the bling looks well hanging around your neck. I hope you sent TBL a pic for his album!

In relation to only entering soft races that you are guaranteed to win, whoever said that really doesn't know you no race is that soft :p

Keep up the good work, B

+1 to this in particular.

I didn't see the comments in question, but as they've been summarised here they don't seem to make any sense. We don't have any elites posting here regularly AFAIK. I doubt if any of us are that desperate to get a race win, that we spend inordinate amounts of time looking for what seems to be a gimme. Plus, what if someone who's actually speedy turns up? You end up looking like a total mug. Keep up the good work B!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

For gods sake, that's ridiculous, why would anyone say that :confused: just goes to show, you can't trust people on the internet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Is it only me who has scanned the replies to try and find out who it isn't (& then who it could be) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Is it only me who has scanned the replies to try and find out who it isn't (& then who it could be) :)

Who’s to say it isn’t someone who’s posted a reply already.......

Cheers for the replies guys, it’s in the past now, i am not one to hold grudges as life’s to short for that crack. Onwards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

Best of luck with it B, you're going well, enjoying it and that's what matters. Keep an eye on the aul foot

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Just catching up on the BS, all too frequent around here for the most part sadly and doesn't look like things change.

Don't mind people B, too many people spend too much time talking and having pop shots to make themselves feel better. Those people aren't worth wasting your time with. Racing is a skill and and racing from the front is something that takes just as much practice as can be easy to slot in and let others drag you along at times but race tactics is something which many won't have experience with (I know myself tend to suck at times when I don't have someone to run off)

Congrats on the PB man training going well these days and you seem in good form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fusitive

KSU wrote: »
    Just catching up on the BS, all too frequent around here for the most part sadly and doesn't look like things change.

I don't think it was always like this, was it?(genuine question) It could be my imagination but things have got worse. The forum has been pure political nonsense since the "divide" and that's carried on I think outside of even the people who were involved. Whatever about the blatant arguments and callouts, the passive aggressive stuff is the worst and all too common here(The pretend to get on facades, the sly little digs from people who around a while that know you will get them while everyone else is oblivious), I'll take an honest enemy over a fake mate/fellow internet weirdo anyway.

There's a great group of new posters on here(I won't name who I think they are as it's just my opinion and a problem in itself), I hope they can avoid the pitfalls of inevitable forum politics and actually be a fully supportive community, not a divided one and realise that everyone adds value as a Community whether you agree with them or not or like/dislike them, they still provide value with their posts to others. No one deserves blatant disrespect on a forum which holds a common passion for all. Anyone who goes to the effort of posting regularly on an internet forum about athletics probably has more in common than differences, it's gas that alot people tend to focus on the slight differences more than shared passion and love of athletics/running.

This is an internet forum, how and why people can make snap character judgements about people they barely or don't know through a bit of text is beyond me and it is always only small things that escalate. And yes, I too have been guilty of many of those things before I get a preachy ol bollix eyeroll in return to this post:). It's hard not to get drawn in.

Sorry for the log interrupt.

Can the ever present drama, politics and digs on this forum end now?

Please?

I can't stand it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Fusitive wrote:

I think some are more burned than others. I can honestly say I think the majority of active posters these days are immune to what has gone on in the past. Sometimes I actually wonder what ye mean when ye talk about some of this stuff. It's not the general impression I get atall.

Fusitive wrote: »
    I don't think it was always like this, was it?(genuine question) It could be my imagination but things have got worse. The forum has been pure political nonsense since the "divide" and that's carried on I think outside of even the people who were involved. Whatever about the blatant arguments and callouts, the passive aggressive stuff is the worst and all too common here(The pretend to get on facades, the sly little digs from people who around a while that know you will get them while everyone else is oblivious), I'll take an honest enemy over a fake mate/fellow internet weirdo anyway.

There's a great group of new posters on here(I won't name who I think they are as it's just my opinion and a problem in itself), I hope they can avoid the pitfalls of inevitable forum politics and actually be a fully supportive community, not a divided one and realise that everyone adds value as a Community whether you agree with them or not or like/dislike them, they still provide value with their posts to others. No one deserves blatant disrespect on a forum which holds a common passion for all. Anyone who goes to the effort of posting regularly on an internet forum about athletics probably has more in common than differences, it's gas that alot people tend to focus on the slight differences more than shared passion and love of athletics/running.

This is an internet forum, how and why people can make snap character judgements about people they barely or don't know through a bit of text is beyond me and it is always only small things that escalate. And yes, I too have been guilty of many of those things before I get a preachy ol bollix eyeroll in return to this post:). It's hard not to get drawn in.

Sorry for the log interrupt.

Please?

I can't stand it anymore

Yet you continue to come back here even though you have issues with the place?

Leave the past where it belongs, behind us. You are one of the most educated and constructive posters here in my 10 years about A/R, all of us benefit from your input whenever you impart it. Leave the toys in the pram, life is way to fookin short to worry what others say or think of you.

I raised my issue when i was annoyed, something i'm well aware i shouldn't have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I think some are more burned than others. I can honestly say I think the majority of active posters these days are immune to what has gone on in the past. Sometimes I actually wonder what ye mean when ye talk about some of this stuff. It's not the general impression I get atall.

Big time +1 to this. There's not much, if any, argy bargy going on on any threads that most active posters comment on. It's quite the opposite actually, it's extremely supportive.

I love KSU and Fusitives inputs to the forum and would hate to think that shadows from the past would restrict what they post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

B I'm slow catching up on lots of things around here at the moment but I've just read your race report from the 5k - huge congrats on the PB! You've been absolutely flying of late and making it look casual, impressive! Lovely that your boy seems to really be getting into the running too.
    OOnegative wrote: »
    I dug in, legs didn't appreciate it but fcuk them, they would do as they were asked for once
    :D Love this, brilliant.

People were upset & distraught when the likes of Game of Thrones & Breaking Bad finished.

By no means am I claiming this log is anywhere near as highly acclaimed as those shows but like them it’s had its day in the sun.

Time to say goodbye to it.

• Advertisement

People were upset & distraught when the likes of Game of Thrones & Breaking Bad finished.

By no means am I claiming this log is anywhere near as highly acclaimed as those shows but like them it’s had its day in the sun.

Time to say goodbye to it.

Aw B, what's the story? I hope the recent begrudgery didn't influence your decision. We won't be missing out on good luck wishes too, will we?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Hope you aren’t disappearing from Boards B?

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Aw B, what's the story? I hope the recent begrudgery didn't influence your decision. We won't be missing out on good luck wishes too, will we?

No, nothing at all to do with that S. The log has reached its sell by date at this stage, one of the longer ones on the go here so time to let it go I feel. The good luck wishes will continue, you can bet your life on that.

Kellygirl wrote: »
    Hope you aren’t disappearing from Boards B?

Ye wouldn’t be that fortunate K, still be about.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

No, nothing at all to do with that S. The log has reached its sell by date at this stage, one of the longer ones on the go here so time to let it go I feel. The good luck wishes will continue, you can bet your life on that.

Strava convert :D

Sorry to see one of the old guard go (few and far between especially with the likes of myself opening new ones every other year)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Ah no! That's a real shame, I really enjoy reading your posts here. I'll be hoping you change your mind so, you can't do us out of a race report for Mullingar!

Ye wouldn’t be that fortunate K, still be about.

Glad to hear that. I can understand you not feeling the need to post every thought and every training run to your log. At the same time you should keep posting some of those epic race reports. Where else can we read about podium placings, races on dunes and crazy stuff like races which go up hundreds of steps in freezing and snowy conditions. Some of the stuff you post is very unique and would be sorely missed. Keep them coming if nothing else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

:(

Don't be a stranger B. As S said, your log is one of the most interesting to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Very sad to see your closing your log. It's one of my favourites. Hope you join strava now ;)

• Advertisement

Hope you join strava now ;)

There already......

Advertisement