Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I give more? The answer is usually yes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Come to the Hague he said.... 😂😂😂

Thanks for the catch up B, pass on best regards to herself also....

As you say, was the correct decision. Fine running around the open but there was a lot of branches coming down in the park areas. The council were flat out on Tuesday mornimg clearing it up...

Now, back to trainng for both of us!!!!

Same as that Marty, good crack over few to many pints. Won’t say anything more.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

How are you feeling now B?

eyrie wrote: »
    How are you feeling now B?

All good again thanks C, nothing exciting happening though. Will throw an update up tomorrow when the week is done.

Bit of an update required here and finally have some running to report.

Monday 11.3.19

Rest Day.

Tuesday 12.3.19

7 miles Easy@8.50min/miles in 61min 52secs

Very windy so headed to Zuiderpark to do few laps, kept pace super easy. Great to be back out in fresh air!!

Wednesday 13.3.19

5.25 miles Easy@8.52min/miles in 46min 32secs

Short jaunt around Bosjes Van Poot and Westduinpark, every time i run here i find new trails to run on.

Thursday 14.3.19

Rest day.

Friday 15.3.19

I never usually suffer from DOMS but man the pain in my legs today was worse than after a marathon:(:(. Rest Day.

Saturday 16.3.19

7.85 miles Easy@8.44min/miles in 68mins 34secs

Loop from home out to Kijkduin on in through Ockenburgh and home via the musical streets, legs still sore starting out, well improved by the finish.

Sunday 17.3.19

5.20 miles Easy@8.51min/miles in 45mins 58secs

Again a loop around BVP and Westduinpark and home. Is it a mortal sin for an Irish man not to drink on St Patrick's Day??

25.25 miles for the week, not setting the world alight with that i know but i wanted to ease back into it as i have a tendency to pick up shin splints after a break from running if i do to much to soon.

Monday 18.3.19

Rest Day.

Tuesday 19.3.19

8.25 miles Easy@8.53min/miles in 1hr 13mins 18secs

Again out towards the dunes to Kijkduin, in around the Ockenburgh Estate and home this time via the fruit streets. Like the musical streets theres a collection of streets named after fruits such as Appelstraat, Frambozenstraat, Melonstraat and Perenstraat to name a few.

Wednesday 20.3.19

7.15 miles Easy@8.54min/miles in 63mins 36secs

Quick lap of BVP and out towards Kijkduin and onto the bike paths for a bit, no issue running on these here, cyclists happy to share. Out onto the promenade path then back home.

Thursday 21.3.19

8.90 miles Easy@8.51min/miles in 1hr 18min 44secs

Same route as the day before only i went a bit further along the bike paths this time before turning up for the promenade path.

Friday 22.3.19

Plan was to get out late afternoon after little ones hockey practise, the Missus and herself weren't gone 15 minutes when i heard an unmerciful whack on the window and the little one in tears and the Missus as white as a ghost!! On the way down to practise the wee one got her foot stuck in the spokes of the Missus 'bike and butchered her ankle. I have seen my fair share of gorey sh!t in my life but this nearly made me puke:eek::eek::eek:. Luckily we had access to a car, quick drive to the hospital, checked in, seen, x-ray, cast on and home in 90 minutes. Nothing broken thank god but ligament damage and in a cast for a week:(:(:(. No run.

Saturday 23.3.19

8.05 miles Easy@8.54min/miles in 1hr 11mins 36secs

Early start with the soccer star for a match, he scored 7 in a handy enough win for his team. I had registered for a 5k today but gave it a miss, not with the wee one being the way she was. Afternoon urban run towards Ockenburgh, a lap of the hills and back home again. Weather getting warmer here.

Sunday 24.3.19

10.10 miles Easy@8.49min/miles in 1hr 29mins 03secs

Out into the glorious afternoon sunshine towards Kijkduin, the paths were considerably more busy this afternoon due to the weather with people coming to and from the beach. Done 1.5 laps of the Ockenburgh hills today then home via Loosduinen.

42.45 miles for the week, nothing exciting in it at all but happy to be getting miles in and running again. Will keep the mileage at this level hopefully for the next while, i was due to start a 12 week P&L 10k plan this week but i ain't in the shape to start something like that.

As it stands i hope to run a few races over the next few weeks to add a bit of faster running and start a 12 week P&L 10 mile plan mid May with the intention of targeting the Mullingar 10 for a PB in July. The wee one is here sitting beside me sporting a lovely pink cast but happy out and loving the added attention she is getting:):):).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Glad to see you back and making plans. Sorry to hear about your little one - you must've got an awful fright. Good to hear she's loving the attention at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Oh lord your poor little lady!! and poor Mammy and Daddy getting a massive fright! Glad you're feeling better though :)

Forgot Mullingar have a 10 mile as well... must check the date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Jeez, its never boring over there B. Hope S is better soon and there's no lasting damage to her ankle. spoil her rotten for the few days.:D

It sounds like the health system is in good shape, 90 mins is great going. I was talking to a lady yesterday who spend 9 hours in Drogheda A&E with her 6 year old before being seen for suspected appendicitis. :eek::eek:

Good to see you back running too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Poor thing. Hope she feels better soon. Some quality time with Dad will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Yikes that sounds nasty! Glad she's doing well now. Some shock for your wife and yourself I'd say!
    Glad you're feeling better and enjoying getting back into it. Mullingar 10 was a great event last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

That's a nice solid week there B. Good base building for sure. Sorry to hear about the youngster. Thankfully kids get over these things quickly and bounce back as if nothing ever happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Good to see you back at it and enjoying it.

Sorry about your little one. Nasty shock for you both. Happened to my little brother when he was about 4. He was also put in a cast for a couple of weeks.
    skyblue46 wrote: »
    That's a nice solid week there B. Good base building for sure. Sorry to hear about the youngster. Thankfully kids get over these things quickly and bounce back as if nothing ever happened.

His one memory is, as he was too little for crutches, his loving siblings carrying him out to play on the swing in the back garden...& just leaving him there :eek:
    Good times :pac: #characterbuilding

Monday 25.3.19

Rest Day.

Tuesday 26.3.19

6.10 miles Easy@8.51min/miles in 54mins 02secs

A lap around Bosjes Van Poot over in through Westduinpark and along the trails here and back home. Happy to slow the pace right down lately.

Wednesday 27.3.19

7.75 miles Steady@7.46min/miles in 60mins 12secs

Dropped the young lad to soccer training and set off to do this, I had 60 mins to get a run in so went for something a bit faster. First evening this year sans base layer under the t-shirt. Set off on a lumpy enough route out towards Kijkduin turned half an hour in an retraced my steps. Happy enough with this as it’s the closest thing to a session i’ve done in a long time. Never working on the run and enjoyed the quicker pace.

Thursday 28.3.19

Rest Day.

Friday 29.3.19

11.35 miles Easy@8.51min/miles in 1hr 40mins 24secs

The wee one was back in the hospital to have her cast remove early afternoon, still limping and her foot is green from bruising, but happy out she was to have it off. Set off and ran through Loosduinen towards Monster before turning off at 4.5 miles and back towards Kijkduin on the promenade. Warmest day of the year so far and the North Sea was flat calm as there was barely a zephyr out. Back through Kijkduin and on into Westduinpark and home. Very enjoyable run.

Saturday 30.3.19

8.45 miles Easy@8.48min/miles in 1hr 14mins 17secs

Another late afternoon run as the young lads soccer match was 12.30pm today, 4-3 defeat, ball didn’t go his way in this one but he gave 100% effort something his Mom & myself try to emphasize to him in a sensible way. Ran towards Zuiderpark onto Park de Voorde looping around the Ex-Presidents of the USA streets. George Washingtonlaan, John F Kennedylaan and Woodrow Wilsonlaan to name a few. Back towards Park Overoode for a lap then back towards home through Zuiderpark.

Sunday 31.3.19

7.90 miles Easy/Steady@8.07min/miles in 64mins 05secs

Had company in the shape of the eldest on his bike for this, again setting out late afternoon. On towards Kijkduin on the bike paths and into Ockenburgh, young lad was great company chatting the whole way round and the pace was a little hot trying to keep up with him at times. Something he wants to do regularly he said after today, his Dad will be glad to oblige him.

41.55 miles for the week, made most of the time I had as the little one had to be pampered all week. Enjoying building the base back up again and slowing the runs down a bit. It will be another 5 day running week this week as the Boss is home in Ireland from Thursday for the weekend. I might try something faster this week. Hopefully the week after i’ll get back to my regular 6 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

The kids are keeping you busy, B! Sorry to hear of the wee girl's travails, it's amazing that kind of thing doesn't happen more often really. (One of the boys just got a new bike, much bigger than the old one and he can barely control it. Every time I watch him I'm expecting something terrible to happen!) Great that she has the cast off already. If only we aul lads could heal so quickly! (OK, I'll speak for myself anyway.) Great that you're back at it, looking good.

Murph_D wrote: »
    The kids are keeping you busy, B! Sorry to hear of the wee girl's travails, it's amazing that kind of thing doesn't happen more often really. (One of the boys just got a new bike, much bigger than the old one and he can barely control it. Every time I watch him I'm expecting something terrible to happen!) Great that she has the cast off already. If only we aul lads could heal so quickly! (OK, I'll speak for myself anyway.) Great that you're back at it, looking good.

She’s a tough little lady D, you know better than anybody a woman with Donegal blood is not to be messed with!!

Monday 1.4.19

Rest Day.

Tuesday 2.4.19

8.65 miles Easy@8.47min/miles in 1hr 16mins 03secs.

The near bog standard run now out to Kijkduin, where for first time I came across the Schaltbunker. The Germans built a fake airbase here during WW2 to try fool the Allies into wasting ammunition, who soon copped onto its purpose. The remnants of the underground bunker system is still in place. I continued on through Ockenburgh and home via the fruit streets.

Wednesday 3.4.19

A.M 6.15 miles Easy@8.54min/miles in 54mins 47secs

Gentle trot around Bosjes Van Poot & Westduinpark to shake legs out for the track session later.

P.M w/u, Coopertest, c/d

A Coopertest is how far a distance you can run in 12mins, the local athletics club, Haag Atletiek, hold them the first Wednesday of the month between April and October. I had never ran a so called race on the track before so it was time I popped my cherry!!

Got down 20 minutes or so before my test started and the place was the hive of activity with sprint training, juvenile relay training, discus & javelin training and a Coopertest in progress. Friendly welcome and I paid my €2 before returning to see the remaining laps of the event on the track. Lads up front were moving, impressive to see. It was counted down from 3 minutes out and the leader really shifted from then to finish, up on his toes and a running style of beauty.

I done a few laps warm up and found the track responsive and bouncy the way I thought it would be. We lined up few minutes before our start time of 8.10pm and not to sound like a wand from looking around I figured it was me and two other lads for the pointy end of things. Bang on 8.10pm we were off, the two lads I picked out took the lead and I settled into 3rd place. I said i’d ease into it and after 200m see how I felt. Had the watch switched to kilometre pace and seen 4.05 pace after 200m, to slow so I moved past the lads and didn’t relinquish first place again.

It was a solo time trial from there on in, I was on auto pilot for the rest of the test, lapping all the remainder of the field apart from the two lads. My first mile was 6.11min/mile pace which all things considered with illness lately I was disgusted with. Put the boot down after, I covered another 0.95 miles at 5.49min/mile and felt comfortable in doing so. I covered 3,100m in the 12 minutes which is so so, if I had bodies to chase i’d be confident of another 200-300m. Great idea and i’m signed up for May already in hopefully a more competitive field.

11.50 miles for my day.

Thursday 4.4.19

10.50 miles Easy@8.46min/miles in 1hr 32mins 06secs

A slow plod for first few miles as I made my way towards Kijkduin, legs were tender from previous evenings efforts and this was my 3rd run in 24hrs. A gentle lap and a half of the hills in Ockenburgh before heading home through Loosduinen. Legs well loosened out by runs end.

Friday 5.4.19

7.80 miles Easy@8.46min/miles in 68mins 25secs

And out and back to the Schaltbunker & back home. Few unexpected scoops had me a bit seedy on this but was flying by runs end.

Saturday 6.4.19

5.30 miles Steady@7.48min/miles in 41mins 20secs

Busy day, up at the crack of dawn to get young lad sorted for soccer. He was traveling with friends this morning as I’m a single Dad till Monday!! I was on dance class duty with the wee one, her first since her mishap with her foot. It went great and she flew around the place, tex message came through during class that the lads won 9-8 with himself scoring 5!!

Quick brunch & dropped the wee off for a play date before I hit the dunes with himself for a run like last week. A little over 2.5 miles in he remarked could we turn as he was tired, he was after playing a soccer match so we turned and raced for home. Another chat filled run with him!!

Sunday 7.4.19

Rest Day.

43.45 miles for my week, consistency is returning and I feel progress is being made. Wednesday’s track effort has me feeling very confident that a sub 19 minute 5k is on the cards very soon if I keep going the way I am.

Best of luck to those running Rotterdam, Manchester, Berlin and Cobh tomorrow. A special mention for AMK, we were Novices in 2012 when he was the RunningKing and he was one of the first people from Boards I met, he was a gentleman then and still is. A more dedicated and decent man you won’t meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

OOnegative wrote: »
    Monday 1.4.19

Rest Day.

Tuesday 2.4.19

8.65 miles Easy@8.47min/miles in 1hr 16mins 03secs.

The near bog standard run now out to Kijkduin, where for first time I came across the Schaltbunker. The Germans built a fake airbase here during WW2 to try fool the Allies into wasting ammunition, who soon copped onto its purpose. The remnants of the underground bunker system is still in place. I continued on through Ockenburgh and home via the fruit streets.

Wednesday 3.4.19

A.M 6.15 miles Easy@8.54min/miles in 54mins 47secs

Gentle trot around Bosjes Van Poot & Westduinpark to shake legs out for the track session later.

P.M w/u, Coopertest, c/d

A Coopertest is how far a distance you can run in 12mins, the local athletics club, Haag Atletiek, hold them the first Wednesday of the month between April and October. I had never ran a so called race on the track before so it was time I popped my cherry!!

Got down 20 minutes or so before my test started and the place was the hive of activity with sprint training, juvenile relay training, discus & javelin training and a Coopertest in progress. Friendly welcome and I paid my €2 before returning to see the remaining laps of the event on the track. Lads up front were moving, impressive to see. It was counted down from 3 minutes out and the leader really shifted from then to finish, up on his toes and a running style of beauty.

I done a few laps warm up and found the track responsive and bouncy the way I thought it would be. We lined up few minutes before our start time of 8.10pm and not to sound like a wand from looking around I figured it was me and two other lads for the pointy end of things. Bang on 8.10pm we were off, the two lads I picked out took the lead and I settled into 3rd place. I said i’d ease into it and after 200m see how I felt. Had the watch switched to kilometre pace and seen 4.05 pace after 200m, to slow so I moved past the lads and didn’t relinquish first place again.

It was a solo time trial from there on in, I was on auto pilot for the rest of the test, lapping all the remainder of the field apart from the two lads. My first mile was 6.11min/mike pace which all things considered with illness lately I was disgusted with. Put the boot down after, I covered another 0.95 miles at 5.49min/mile and felt comfortable in doing so. I covered 3,100m in the 12 minutes which is so so, if I had bodies to chase i’d be confident of another 200-300m. Great idea and i’m signed up for May already in hopefully a more competitive field.

11.50 miles for my day.

Thursday 4.4.19

10.50 miles Easy@8.46min/miles in 1hr 32mins 06secs

A slow plod for first few miles as I made my way towards Kijkduin, legs were tender from previous evenings efforts and this was my 3rd run in 24hrs. A gentle lap and a half of the hills in Ockenburgh before heading home through Loosduinen. Legs well loosened out by runs end.

Friday 5.4.19

7.80 miles Easy@8.46min/miles in 68mins 25secs

And out and back to the Schaltbunker & back home. Few unexpected scoops had me a bit seedy on this but was flying buy runs end.

Saturday 6.4.19

5.30 miles Steady@7.48min/miles in 41mins 20secs

Busy day, up at the crack of dawn to get young lad sorted for soccer. He was traveling with friends this morning as I’m a single Dad till Monday!! I was on dance class duty with the wee one, her first since her mishap with her foot. It went great and she flew around the place, tex message came through during class that the lads won 9-8 with himself scoring 5!!

Quick brunch & dropped the wee off for a play date before I hit the dunes with himself for a run like last week. A little over 2.5 miles in he remarked could we turn as he was tired, he was after playing a soccer match so we turned and raced for home. Another chat filled run with him!!

Sunday 7.4.19

Rest Day.

43.45 miles for my week, consistency is returning and I feel progress is being made. Wednesday’s track effort has me feeling very confident that a sub 19 minute 5k is on the cards very soon if I keep going the way I am.

Best of luck to those running Rotterdam, Manchester, Berlin and Cobh tomorrow. A special mention for AMK, we were Novices in 2012 when he was the RunningKing and he was one of the first people from Boards I met, he was a gentleman then and still is. A more dedicated and decent man you won’t meet.

In AMK we trust......

Was that your track debut, B? Very decent. You can't go by the 'average pace' that your watch gives you on the track - it will be a good way off, because you're usually covering more ground than your watch is measuring. Best to just work off 400m splits, or 200s, depending on the length of the workout.

Sounds like a great setup - a lot for your 2 euro. Is this a club?

(How about signing up for a track race while you're it. This Cooper test is just a gateway drug.) ;)

Was that your track debut, B? Very decent. You can't go by the 'average pace' that your watch gives you on the track - it will be a good way off, because you're usually covering more ground than your watch is measuring. Best to just work off 400m splits, or 200s, depending on the length of the workout.

Sounds like a great setup - a lot for your 2 euro. Is this a club?

(How about signing up for a track race while you're it. This Cooper test is just a gateway drug.) ;)

Yeah, the local athletic club D, my track debut alright. I ran half a lap of the same track last November but that was my first proper sustained effort on any proper 400m circuit.

The measurement was taken off a Jones counter rather than the Garmin, the watch gave me 50m extra which I would have gladly taken!!

Jones counter? Were you on a bike? :pac:

Anyway sounds like you were comfortable on the track, which is a place you were saying while back you felt you don't belong. Now you know there's nothing to fear. ;)

Jones counter? Were you on a bike? :pac:

The push along measuring wheels, is that not a Jones counter?

• Advertisement

OOnegative wrote: »
    The push along measuring wheels, is that not a Jones counter?

Possibly - I presume that’s how they measured the part of the lap up to your stopping point. I was talking about the bit where you mentioned 4:05 pace showing on the watch - that might have been misleading. But it didn’t do you any harm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Congrats on the win B!

AFAIK the Cooper test is/was used by soccer referees - not sure how far they were supposed to cover or what the time limit was.

TRACK!

Congrats on the win B!

AFAIK the Cooper test is/was used by soccer referees - not sure how far they were supposed to cover or what the time limit was.

TRACK!

Anything above 2,500m for 40-49 year olds is considering very good per the Coopertest table J.

oohh a summer on the track??

Younganne wrote: »
    oohh a summer on the track??

Na, although I did really enjoy it A, i have a few bits of unfinished business with some distances on the road this summer.

well at least you are maybe now more open to giving it a shot at some stage and know that the track is not to be feared!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

That's a good week B, consistent and varied!

Monday 8.4.19

Rest Day.

Tuesday 9.4.19

7.90 miles Easy@8.46min/miles in 69mins 16secs

I had a job interview the early part of the morning so it was mid afternoon before i got out to do this. Weather it was remnants of job interview nerves or something else this run felt horrendous, worst run in a long time. I got a phone call shortly after getting home to tell me i was successful with my application.

Wednesday 10.4.19

7.15 miles Easy@8.53min/miles in 63mins 29secs

Much more fruitful run than the day before, felt 100% on this, jaunt around Bosjes Van Poot and Westduinpark and back home, all good.

Thursday 11.4.19

10.10 miles Easy@8.40min/miles in 1hr 27mins 30secs

As has become the nor now on the longer run, out to Kijkduin onto the hills around Ockenburgh, pushed a bit harder this week and felt great and then home via Loosduinen. Another enjoyable run.

Friday 12.4.19

w/u, 8x600m@5k(200m rec), c/d

My usual warm up through the dunes before i got to my normal place on the cycle path where i do these sessions. Was looking at 2.12-2.15 for the 600m which is roughly 5.55-6 minute pace for 5k. If i felt i was overreaching i would pull the pace back after 1-2. First one was into the breeze and felt good, next was with the breeze. I kept the pace up and although they got tougher i never felt i was overreaching on them. Splits were as follows:

2.15.3, 2.13.5, 2.13.9, 2.12.9, 2.13.7, 2.12.8, 2.13.0, 2.13.1.

Easy cool down miles back home and happy with that, 8 miles on the nose for the day.

Saturday 13.4.19

5.25 miles Easy/Recovery@8.58 in 47mins 05secs

Early soccer match with himself in the morning and a 10-5 victory with himself scoring 50% of the goals. Late afternoon run along the flatter parts of Bosjes Van Poot and Westduinpark. Legs so so after yesterdays 600s.

Sunday 14.4.19

Zier Running Lenteloop 5k - 18.41

Up early to watch some of the Paris Marathon before heading to do this, down early to get himself registered for the 1k, it was his first run ever on a track so he was excited to see what it felt like. Quick half a lap with him and he lined up and bang on 10.30am the race was off. He started off a bit quick and was flagging approaching the last lap. I ran the last lap alongside hime to keep him going and encourage him to the finish. The last 100m he unleashed a kick i must teach me how to do, finishing in 5.01 and 7th place. He was rightfully delighted with himself and his medal.

I had a lot to live up to after that, a quick warm up for myself and back to the track for 10.55am. I lined up on the front row so as to get a good start, bang on 11am we were let go, half lap of the track and out onto the roads. First thing that i noticed, Dutch runners cut corners, apart from myself and the two leaders every other runner was up onto footpaths to shorten the route. I was going to say something but not many would understand a man shouting in a flat Westmeath accent around here. The first kilometre in downhill so was conscious not to go off to hard, it clocked 3.40 and felt good.

A sharp right hander shortly after had us into a kilometre that was mostly a constant drag uphill, nothing to hurt but you did notice it, i was moving along still nicely and running comfortably. As we crested a drag i passed a runner here and kilometer two beeped at 3.40, again feeling comfortable.
    Another sharp right back towards the track along the cycle paths, whatever breeze was blowing was now into our face. I was moving well still and was passed by a tall, strong looking runner and lead lady here, i tried latching onto them but there pace was a tad to hot for me so i let them off to run my own race. I knew a cattle grid was coming up so made sure to adjust my running to safely clear same, kilometre three beeping here in 3.45.

The only thing that could be described as a hill approached and i passed another runner here who was flagging, off the cycle paths now into Westduinpark. I started to feel the pinch, Fridays 600s started to show themselves in the legs and my breathing started to get more laboured. I knew there was a right hand turn ahead and a sharp downhill towards the finish, grit it out till there and some respite lay ahead, kilometre four beeped as i turned in 3.45.

Into the sharp downhill and the pace picked up, from where fcuk knows but it did. Another cattle grid to vault then right again towards the finish. I shouted aloud here "keep it goin" in that flat Westmeath accent, must have sounded ridiculous:o:o:o. I was still maintaining the pace, i don't know how but i was, a right onto the track and the fifth kilometre beeped in 3.33, where the fcuk did that come from i remarked to myself. Kicked for home with the last 0.10 in 4.42 pace, over the line and gasped for air for good 3-4 minutes till my breathing returned to normal. Reflected on a result i honestly didn't think i had in the legs after an illness hit February and March.

Big hugs from the kids and Mammy and i felt on top of the world!! Great performance for me and something i can confidently build on and improve from here.

44.90 miles for my week off 6 runs, a good session and good race has me in a good place about my running and happy more improvements will continue to come if i keep doing what i am.

For those wondering what the job was, here is a clue, hopefully wont come across any sheep.......

https://youtu.be/9YZowskPUbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Nicely done B, and good luck with the new job :)

• Advertisement

Nicely done B, and good luck with the new job :)

Cheers J, looking forward to it now. Outdoors which was the big draw towards it.

Advertisement