Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

unexpected sunny evenings with loved ones :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you actually can improve perfection!
    My deadly face looks even more deadly with my septum ring. In love.
    Very happy. Should have done it years ago when I was a young one.

Was woken up this morning at 6am as usual by my 18-month-old. I brought her downstairs, put her in her seat and got her breakfast. After playing airplane attacks with the spúnóga of Weetabix into her mouth, interspersed with her covering her face and me down on my knees crawling under the table calling her name out looking for her while she giggled, she got bored and wanted out of her seat.

So I let her out. She then made for the kitchen door and journeyed on to the stairs in her little wobbly way. She then crawled up the stairs with me behind her, went into her mother's room and over to the bed, made noises and hand movements to no avail, walked over to the dressing table and picked up her mother's shoes, walked back to where her mother was asleep. Started furiously making noises next to her and moving her little hands down simultaneously to force out each noise, woke her up and handed her her shoes!

Sí mo laoch!/She's my hero!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

New episode of Sarah's Scribbles is up and it gave me a good giggle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My neighbour cut the silage today, the smell of cut grass wafting in my windows is delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Knowing I will be home by the weekend and have a full fridge, no rent and long lie ins, and that I can spoil my parents and siblings will stupid gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 notadoctor

Hearing my daughter say I love you daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

madmaggie wrote:
    My neighbour cut the silage today, the smell of cut grass wafting in my windows is delicious.

Wait till next year when it's reopened and you'll be posting in Annoy thread when the smell hits you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Strawberry season!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mimosas for breakfast!
    I'm currently on holiday but thinking life would be so much better if everyone had just one for breakfast every day :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

This story of a boy who was kidnapped by his now dead father 20 years ago. The father had told the boy that his mother abandoned them.
    Finally discovers that he has a mother and the real story. She only had 1 photo of him all this time.

If this does not make you happy - there is no hope for ya!

http://www.thejournal.ie/abducted-reunion-2814984-Jun2016/

Russia equalised with the UK tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

A morning walk on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Well it's nothing, not even worth writing about, but a hawt cute guy that I see every day in the same Building as me (that may or may not have caught my eye from when I first started there!, :p ) smiled at me today! :D hahaha Well they do say, - it's the little things in life! :D

Well it turns out, this lad is on Online Dating and I messaged him a few weeks ago and he didn't reply! :rolleyes::(:rolleyes: Grrrrrreat! :/ :-l And now I have to see him most days of the week. Yayyyyyyy!! :rolleyes: Sidling awkwardly around the place, shlippin' n' shlidin' lol tryin' to avoid me hahaha. I don't have anything to do with him thankfully.

His big beaming shiny-happy smiling I was on about the other day, was probably out of awkwardness or maybe feeling bad hah. I hadn't made the connection, but it's definitely him! I'm odd but don't go around the place beaming at people!! Now I just think you are weird!! :)

It's funny in a just-deserts kind of way! Life's a biatch eh! :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

FanadMan wrote: »
    Wait till next year when it's reopened and you'll be posting in Annoy thread when the smell hits you :D

One of the joys of the countryside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Having a celebratory prosecco in the sun. :)

Oh and my boss texted to say Happy Birthday......how nice is that on a Sunday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

getting home from a ****ty day at work to a beaming smile from my small person and a big slobbery kiss, and two very happy waggy tails from my furbabies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Now a random happy bday pm.....people are very nice sometimes.....been a happy day :D

Happy birthday miss D
    Hope it's as awesome as you!!

Happy birthday miss D
    Hope it's as awesome as you!!

Awwww Tom.....you and me both know it never could be as awesome as me but came close :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you feel sad because you see roadkill as you drive along, and then the happy feeling when you realize it's a rag or a piece of plastic :)

When you spend the week wanting to kill the oh for singing in the shower/watching football/being a dose, then spending the day doing something super fun together, and remembering how much you love him even if I do I want to kill him most days. That lovely close sappy bond that's at the end of date day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

A Raspberry Pi (small mini computer) that had been consigned by me to the scrapheap came back from the dead, Lazarus style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I bought an Action Man yesterday.

It is for my son, but between you and me he is unlikely to get his hands on it ever....best toy ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Winterlong wrote: »
    I bought an Action Man yesterday.

It is for my son, but between you and me he is unlikely to get his hands on it ever....best toy ever.
    I entirely approve of the narcissism! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

A good cup of coffee!

cereal and ice-cold milk!

Cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Wet weather makes my hair, which is usually wavy and prone to be frizzy, go into lovely corkscrew curls :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

The icecream van that comes onto my road.

It has been stopping on my road for 22 years, as old as I am. The same van, the same jingle (Teddy Bear's Picnic), the same squeak that the van makes when reversing, stops at the exact same spot and at the same time everyday.

I got an icecream today, for the first time in a while and the nostalgia hit me. The icecream tasted exactly the same as it did when I was younger, and the man who owns it still recognized me and asked how old I am now, after about ten years of not getting icecream.

The memories playing outside on the road, hearing the jingle on the next road up and all the kids running towards their houses. It was such a pivotal moment of the day. €1 would get you a jelly tub, and he'd add extra jellies if requested. He'd easily give away free bars, if he knew you well. There was always one kid who'd drop their money into the grass and be distraught, but the man would still give an icecream anyway.

It felt like nothing had changed in the slightest. Nostalgia. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement