Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's still lovely and bright outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

garlic pizza bread from dominos

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

The thread in AH at the moment about IBS/digestive issues that reminds me I'm not the only one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Finding my favourite bra in my sock drawer this morning, when I was getting ready for work. I thought I lost it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

My 65 year old father telling me that my liquid eyeliner was "totally al dente" :D:D:D

(I'm guessing he meant either on point or on fleek; even I'm not sure exactly what either term means!)

• Advertisement

Freshly washed duvet covers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Finally got round to taking my driver theory test and passed. I'm a bit nervous but looking forward to starting the lessons :)

Finally found a really good adblocker for my phone in the form of the Free Adblocker Browser. If this catches on, it could be the end of Independent Newspapers/rag journalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Olishi4 wrote: »
    Finally got round to taking my driver theory test and passed. I'm a bit nervous but looking forward to starting the lessons :)

Well done

My goddaughter told her mam that she isn't going to school anymore unless I go over and visit :D

Little sweetie pie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Olishi4 wrote: »

Well done! There's no stopping you now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Only a 2 hour wait in a&e......happy days.

I'm sharing a hospital ward with a girl who has OCD (as in, the actual psychiatric illness, not just that she likes things neat.)

She's a lovely girl and I get on great with her, but I get such perverse pleasure out of being even messier than usual just to drive her mental! :pac: Our cubicles are right opposite each other, and hers is all like, bed made with hospital corners (whatever they are), toiletries arranged in order of size, clothes neatly put away. Whereas my entire cubicle looks like a bomb just hit it!

She spends a lot of time looking wistfully across, "If you'd only allow me ten minutes with that mess ..."

I'll take my little pleasures where I can get them! :o :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

I'm sharing a hospital ward with a girl who has OCD (as in, the actual psychiatric illness, not just that she likes things neat.)

She's a lovely girl and I get on great with her, but I get such perverse pleasure out of being even messier than usual just to drive her mental! :pac: Our cubicles are right opposite each other, and hers is all like, bed made with hospital corners (whatever they are), toiletries arranged in order of size, clothes neatly put away. Whereas my entire cubicle looks like a bomb just hit it!

She spends a lot of time looking wistfully across, "If you'd only allow me ten minutes with that mess ..."

Wow. It's pretty fcuking nasty to take pleasure from making someone with a mental illness worse.

I'm sure you'd be thrilled if she was sitting drinking wine in your face in an effort to mock you.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

That's pretty nasty :/

If she's such a lovely girl, you should be trying to help her.

Whats making me happy right now - perfectly ripe kiwi :)

Story Bud? wrote: »
    Wow. It's pretty fcuking nasty to take pleasure from making someone with a mental illness worse.

I'm sure you'd be thrilled if she was sitting drinking wine in your face in an effort to mock you.

LOL her OCD is currently under control, that's not what she's being treated for, she's being treated for alcoholism. (Also as it happens, while I have a history of alcohol abuse, that's not what I'm hospitalised for at the moment. And I have no problem with anyone drinking wine or anything else in front of me.) And yeah we both make plenty of jokes to each other about wine and vodka etc as well. Good to have a sense of humour about these things. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Pulling in to a car park and someone runs over to offer me their pre-paid parking ticket as they are leaving.
    People can be nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having cake for breakfast

Kissing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Being able to move onto a roundabout without stopping, without even having to brake :)

• Advertisement

Finding out that mysterious flowers for passing exams (which is a happiness in itself) were actually from crush. yay :)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Finding out that mysterious flowers for passing exams (which is a happiness in itself) were actually from crush. yay :)

Awwww that made me all happy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

This won't make any sense to anyone, but...Aunt Tanya makes me trivially, goofily happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I don't know why it made me happy, but a minute ago, I accidentally told a co-worker that I'm Canadian and he believed me so I ran with it! He's only 2 or 3 years younger than me, and he grew up in the estate beside mine (and they're not very big) yet he still believed me. It started when I wished him and his country good luck in the match tonight. :D

It was probably more satisfying because he's always pulling pranks on people, although I could have backed it up by showing him my @yahoo.ca e-mail account which I've had since the late 1990s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Whoops wrong thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Finding a tenner in a jacket I haven't worn in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Having a temporary job for next year and finally being able to tell people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I finished my Junior Cert today.
    I'm still on a high after meeting Marty Morrisey last week.
    Oh, and of course we BEAT THE FCUKING ITALIANS!
    HAVE SOME OF THAT!

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I finished my Junior Cert today.
    I'm still on a high after meeting Marty Morrisey last week.
    Oh, and of course we BEAT THE FCUKING ITALIANS!
    HAVE SOME OF THAT!

So sweet.

My best friend's eldest is only two years from her Junior Cert. I changed her nappy many a time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

I am not a real soccer supporter but I am happy Ireland won tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement