Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Aw, I love that ice cream story.

I passed five wild ducks on the road on my way home from work. They had very good road sense - stayed well in on the left hand side and hurried to get out of my way. In fact one of them waddled so fast he tripped over his own feet. The cuteness of it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My 3 cats have been so bold since the stray cat and her kittens made an appearance. They're still being bold but the 3 of them are all curled up in bed with me absolutely fast asleep. They're so adorable!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I think a new dog has adopted me to be her mammy. She's outside my house all the time. She eats with my boys. She tries come inside and she nuzzles in for a cuddle when the others get one. She has the most beautiful blue eyes. And is snow white. Tonight we had extra meat at dinner and shared it between the three of them. She's not used to getting treats. She didn't know what it was.
    Dogs make me the happiest person in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Don't regard it as trivial though when I see my Mam in a good mood it does make me feel very happy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I finally get to move back home tomorrow after having the house gutted and renovated. I hope my as$ groove is still in the couch. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Deactivated my Facebook last Friday - had a great weekend. Logged back in there and had an anxiety attack, so deactivated again. Feel calm again now. It is poison. I can't even explain why. I started a blog and was writing posts at the weekend and reading other blogs, filling my mind with worthwhile information people had put time, effort and passion into. Going back onto Facebook made me feel like I was surrounded by advertisements. It made me feel so self-conscious, and it was such an awful feeling. Without Facebook I felt confident and believed in my abilities.

TLDR; Saying Fúck Off to Facebook.

New bra feeling! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Gave up waiting on the 75 Dublin Bus going to Tallaght. Went to the other side of the road

...only then do I see the 75 stopped at the traffic lights going in the direction I want.

Lots & lots of cars.

..a female motorist stopped her car in the middle of the road, unprompted, so I could get across again to catch the 75.

Thanks. A lot.

This morning as I was standing waiting to get off the train, the lady in front of me turned around and said "have a nice day!" Just randomly.
    Only last year that would have made me rage. Being told to have a nice day used to be my biggest pet peeve, I'll have whatever kind of day I like.
    But this morning I smiled at her and told her to have a good day too.

I'm more happy about not being mad than I am about her concern for my day but, hey I'll take it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Feeling guilty about my little dog at home while I work, and then getting a text from my angel of a neighbor with a picture of my dog and her dog playing together when she took them for lunchtime walkies. Eternally grateful!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Heard an interview on the radio this morning with Gordon Snell, the late Maeve Binchy's husband.

What a lovely relationship they had, a well matched couple who found their soulmates and truly enjoyed their life together. I may never find that for myself, but it made me happy to know that for some people it does exist.

And fair play to Ryan Tubridy, it was a really enjoyable interview that brightened up my day and inspired me to be a more content person - whether alone or with someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

I decorate the house each day before the euros begin with Irish Tricolors, I also put up a Welsh and Man Utd flag. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Erm.....

Describe it to the lads...;)

Bra:
    An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Home made Scone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

It's a lovely evening with the sun out. I'm nicely warm and drinking a can of Brewdog, listening to a savage Disco Fever playlist and feeling content with life. Hope to be booking my tattoo for July soon and I can't wait! It's been a long time coming with false starts but I feel so happy that it's all coming together. Also, Pride is coming up soon and that always puts me in a good mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McChubbin wrote: »
    It's a lovely evening with the sun out. I'm nicely warm and drinking a can of Brewdog, listening to a savage Disco Fever playlist and feeling content with life. Hope to be booking my tattoo for July soon and I can't wait! It's been a long time coming with false starts but I feel so happy that it's all coming together. Also, Pride is coming up soon and that always puts me in a good mood.

Fantastic that a new tattoo can promulgate such joy.

I'm delighted to see that .

What's the new tat.?

"Fcuk the police" or maybe a Chinese symbol, not a mauri tribal inscription surely.

Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Pics?

Stay classy bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I love the way kids take things so literally. This morning my little one ran outside shrieking "Where's the clown that blocked you in, Mammy?", after hearing me giving out that I had no room to move my car out. The other day she insisted she saw no cows on the road after I gave out that some silly cow had cut me up on
    a roundabout. The innocence !

• Advertisement

I won Slimmer of the Week today at my SW meeting tonight! :D Totally unexpected but a very pleasant surprise and a major confidence boost!

My dogs, again.
    I have two. A big dog, and a small dog. The small dog thinks he's royalty and the big dog is the hen pecked husband, although they adore each other. They have two beds, pillows, and Disney blankets. Santa brought super comfortable beds at Christmas, which they adore.

Tonight I climbed into their bed for a cuddle. The big dog was so happy he sounded like a duck. I was using him as a pillow and he had both paws wrapped around my arm. He kept giving me random gentle licks. The baby dog was laying stretched out the length of my body, squished right up next to me.

They seemed so happy and so content. Doggie cuddles make the day better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Spent the last couple of days watching a young rabbit give my lawn a mowing that it really needed. He/she seems to love the grass and flowers and weeds that make up my lawn.
    He/she is getting tamer. Going to try moving out to the lawn tomorrow and just stand and watch. Hopefully will end up like the Robins that come into the house and chirp when hungry :-)

Technically, this is more of a TA that slighty annoys me but it also amuses me in equal measure so I suppose it counts as a TA that makes me happy. Basically, for the last few hours, I've been writing a piece of smutty fiction and whilst I'm no prude, so far, I can't bring myself to type the more racier words regarding genitalia without erupting into a giggle fit. Why does this always happen?
    I'm a grown woman- I shouldn't be laughing my ass off over naughty words usually found in most erotica nowadays, yet anything stronger than "mickey" turns me into a gibbering eejit. Nice to know I'm easily amused! :D

My best friends 3 year old. Little diva. She's completely her mammy and my mini me. I met her and her mam for lunch on Monday. As soon as I got out of the car, she was all about my shoes. "Lexie they're Lully shoes", and holding her hand crossing the street she was more preoccupied with my nails than she was about looking at cars.

But this morning, her mam sent me a snapchat of her with her hair up in a messy bun, her little handbag and a massive pair of sunglasses on her, red lips and her mams shoes with the caption "I have the minature version of you".

I'm so excited for her to be old enough to bring for shopping trips, sleep overs, afternoon tea. I'm so excited to see her grow up and I hope she still thinks I'm cool in 10 years time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

FanadMan wrote: »
    Spent the last couple of days watching a young rabbit give my lawn a mowing that it really needed. He/she seems to love the grass and flowers and weeds that make up my lawn.
    He/she is getting tamer. Going to try moving out to the lawn tomorrow and just stand and watch. Hopefully will end up like the Robins that come into the house and chirp when hungry :-)

Fanadman, you're one of the original Disney Princesses, aren't you?
    My best friends 3 year old. Little diva. She's completely her mammy and my mini me. I met her and her mam for lunch on Monday. As soon as I got out of the car, she was all about my shoes. "Lexie they're Lully shoes", and holding her hand crossing the street she was more preoccupied with my nails than she was about looking at cars.

But this morning, her mam sent me a snapchat of her with her hair up in a messy bun, her little handbag and a massive pair of sunglasses on her, red lips and her mams shoes with the caption "I have the minature version of you".

I'm so excited for her to be old enough to bring for shopping trips, sleep overs, afternoon tea. I'm so excited to see her grow up and I hope she still thinks I'm cool in 10 years time.

These two posts made me smile from ear to ear, and made my day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

When you get to the Luas stop and it says "Due" and you don't have to wait.

Orange is the new black makes me happy. A whole year waiting for this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

tonight my smallie took my face in hers and rubbed it the way my mum does with hers.I love that my mum minds her and teaches her this stuff.

• Advertisement

Went into the crèche this evening to collect my infant. I was given the Father's Day card which "she" had made for me. When I got home and read it the Galician childminder who had written it had gone to the trouble of finding out the Irish for 'I love you!' (she would only ever hear me talking in the Irish to the leanbh). Hugely impressed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement