Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

Inspector Wallander :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Realising as I go through my sent items that a nasty drunk text I sent to my brother a week ago, while we were having an argument about something, a text which was really below the belt and that I have been feeling guilty about ever since... actually didn't make it to him because in my drunken state I sent it to 097 instead of 087 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

One of the ladies that comes into work, she's really old and you can just see the kindness in her face before she even opens her mouth. I love seeing her coming in. She said to me this morning, "and no need to ask how you are sweetheart. You're always in good humour". Now, I'm far from it. But she'd put anyone in good humour. I'll be happy for the morning now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I love people like that, would cheer up the grumpiest of us.

I even made her a tea. I don't make tea for anyone! We need more people like her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

On the bus home from the Springsteen gig last Friday night, and close to my stop, on hops the prince of darkness himself (a goth) along with his girlfriend. This guy had the works, long hair, full length black leather jacket, black eyeliner, everything (in fairness he looked the part).

I thought he was going to cast a spell on us inferior mortals.

Anyway, they sit down behind us, and when he started talking, he sounded like Paschal Donohoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭alcea

I got two gardenia plants for mothers day, all along they have just put out one or two flowers at a time and the scent from them as you pass is beautiful, for the past few mornings when I walk into the kitchen it is filled with the scent, each of the plants have five or six flowers on them.:)

BRESSIE IS SINGLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

An American friend is coming to Ireland for his holidays in a few days. I'm advising him to say to anyone to who asks, "I'm on me holliers." That's cheered me up no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

BRESSIE IS SINGLE.

ROZ IS SINGLE!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Butter is nice and soft these last few days with the warm weather.

good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

MT's weather forecast today :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

McGruber - 1

Flat pack furniture - 0

Boom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

The webcomic I'm slavishly devoted to just put up a new End of Chapter picture and it is *GORGEOUS*.
    Stjepan Sejic is a friggin' genius!

Spent an entire day without sugar yesterday. Was near murderous by the time night rolled around and was having my patience tested left right and centre. Sitting on the bus this morning and find half a bag of jelly beans in the secret compartment part of my handbag. Thank you Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My new laptop just arrived and it's gorgeous :D DELL XPS 13 with a HD 4K Touchscreen, 8GB RAM and 6th gen Core i7

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Boss just told us all to take a long lunch as it's such a nice day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Getting to go and hang out in the sun for lunch, only 30 mins to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

A refreshing cool breeze on a roasting hot day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Feeling valued when someone calls to ask me my professional opinion on something :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,216 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Sitting out the back and letting your plums dangle unfettered in cool breeze and a glance of gentle sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I'm 30 but people keep thinking I'm ridiculously young these days. Mostly early 20s, but one woman even put me at 17!

I'm not sensitive or anything about my age, I don't really care whether I look it, but I guess I may as well take my compliments where I can get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Waking up two hours later on a Friday, with no alarm, and knowing I could stay in bed for the day if I chose to. AL is a trivial thing that makes me very very happy! :)

The bed in our spare room. It's a high bed. And it actually feels like you've to climb into it. I got too warm during the night so abandoned my shared bed and took myself off to the spare bed. No better happier feeling than flinging yourself across the entire bed. Waking up then and having a cold shower.
    In great form now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Forgetting when I booked yesterday to the 15th off....first break in 4 months.....that it was leaving cert time, so guaranteed good weather......no actual holiday booked but, ya know, grand drying out there!

Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Kermit the Frog singing the alphabet makes me more happy than it probably should as an adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

7 hour work day on Fridays. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

FNB's :D

The luckiest mans sense of humour. He's as dry as ghandis sandal but I love it.
    Walking past a church with the doors open on my lunch. There was a weird smell, like incense. I text him to tell him there was a weird smell.
    "Sulphur? Don't get too close, you'll turn into a ball of flames"

Snarf

• Advertisement

I'm glad I'm meeting my friend. He's so eccentric!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement