Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The cat has a major case of the snow zoomies, or snoomies. :):D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Coconut flavoured jelly beans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A friend of mines dad has a rake of huge tractors. I see on snapchat this morning he has all the tractors on the go, all the girls up on them, and they’re clearing as much of their neighborhood as they can with tractors and transport boxes. Fair play. Typical farmers, always have to be doing something

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This picture I took yesterday

28472000_895868983907174_2215796695289562842_n.jpg?oh=35c5b18f46e5554d7907aebe4133027d&oe=5B4E25DA

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Making a snuggly fort in the living room with the wee one and all her toys :) me owl petal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Rough night
    2ngc5fc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Walking in snow gives your shoes a handsome shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Snow days off work are like legalised duvet days. No need to pull a sickie.

Watching some crap kids movie from the 1970s but loving it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,157 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

And had to go into the office this morning. Pretty tricky on the minor roads.

Back home now - essentials in, windows and curtains closed, blocks either of the gates, heating on. Will break out the duvet and tea in a little bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Not as high-end as I initially thought, but I hope it goes well for you.
    It's not high end for a lot of people but to me it's the business :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I've been feeding the birds sporadically because of the cats. This morning while in the kitchen, the local robin came and perched on the kids' quad that's parked outside the window, and stared at me with its head tilted as if to say : "well, are you coming out with it or what ?".

I did, come out with the food, but I think I was too late as I didn't see him again. Maybe he did come to take his share in between 2 magpies. I go out with a big bowl and put little blobs of food in lots of locations (some near to the ground, some in trees, on pillars...) so that everyone gets a bit, and that the magpies don't take everything from the word go (they tend to take from one area in particular).

It was a lovely moment, the look he gave me. I was all excited he came and asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I bought a big bag of peanuts last week when I heard the forecast. I put some in the blender, and put them out for the ground feeding birds. Loads of starlings appeared from nowhere, they do not frequent my garden, but today they were there. I put a little table I had in the shed out to cover the peanuts from the snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

madmaggie wrote: »
    I bought a big bag of peanuts last week when I heard the forecast. I put some in the blender, and put them out for the ground feeding birds. Loads of starlings appeared from nowhere, they do not frequent my garden, but today they were there. I put a little table I had in the shed out to cover the peanuts from the snow.

I have loads of cashews and muesli that isn't mine so I might throw a bit out. That is of course if I can see the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Someone's made a beast from the east game! Brilliant!:pac:
    Click on the link below pic to play!

2me9dt.jpg

http://socialarcadeapp.com/Games/BeastFromTheEast/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Someone over in the weather forum posted a picture of snow cat that they made :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

The snow here in my area has gotten deep.

And I've cleared some of the footpath, particularly the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Went out to take the snow off of my car and it was so satisfying! It was so deep but so powdery.

I made a snow angel while I was out and about too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Everyone here will probably know the poster M.T, Cranium.
    The knowledge and effort that they put in to their posts to keep people informed on weather for no material gain is astounding.

Today, M.T. occupies 7 of the 25 posts on the most thanked posts page. they have 170,000+ thanks for over 7000 posts :eek:. Averaging 23 thanks a post. Glad to see they get some form of recognition for their skill and effort.

The reason he had to edit one of his latest posts (of nearly 1000 words)? Because of a power outage while posting it.

That sort of commitment makes me TH.

A Galway Hooker is making me very Happy atm ;)

I mean the pale ale of course :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And I thought you meant the fishing boat... again! :D

• Advertisement

Finally got a new hot water bottle in my nearest hardware shop, as all the others in my house have broken.

I've been using an electric blanket for a while, which does give some nice heat, but for me, nothing beats the instant heat from a hot water bottle. Especially in cold weather like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Had a few snow days, great. But now the snow is thawing and the power came back, even better!

This cuddly snowman that I built with my mam yesterday.
    IMG_20180302_174521_998.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I'm in work and the milk was still good (enough for my coffee) in the work fridge :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I've power and water. (Balances out my car accident and snow dislodging my SKY dish) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm just glad I live in an urban area in times like these. I've lived in very rural places before but imagine being stuck for days in the snow with no beer or bread? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TH we’re off to Westport tomorrow for two nights! The only plan was to climb Croagh Patrick but that seems unlikely now. Looking forward to it, have never been to Westport before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am happy to be able to see grass again.
    Happy to have two different holidays to look forward to over the coming month.
    Happy to have a nice restaurant booked for tonight and happy to have peace and quiet now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Free of the house, at last. Actually met people for the first time in 5 days.

Roll on Spring!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Have water. Relaxing in the bath with a bathbomb after scrubbing my house clean, have a coal fire blazing downstairs and wine in the fridge. New sheets on the bed for tonight. Going to get into my new jammies after my bath and enjoy the last of the snow day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement