Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    where are they Chancer?

Asking for a friend.

Dunnes Stores

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just became an uncle for the first time,My brother's partner just gave birth to a beautiful little girl :D in Australia, I'm so happy I could cry :D and my sister is due to give birth to a little boy at the end of March :D, so happy :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

When its frosty so you head outside to defrost the windscreen....and the temperature is just rising so the frost comes off on the scraper in smooth easy rectangles, a job you thought was going to be a chore is just so easy and satisfying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My 94 year old uncle is in hostpital, he is going to be ok but at one stage it was touch and go.
    When asked if he was out of the woods the doctor (a family friend) responded 'Oh yes, he is still too stubborn to die'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Our 14 month old daughter is starting to say sentences now. Her latest one referring to Mickey Mouse is;

"A bee bee see mouf, a mouf bee bee"

I have no idea what she is talking about. :)

• Advertisement

valoren wrote: »
    Our 14 month old daughter is starting to say sentences now. Her latest one referring to Mickey Mouse is;

"A bee bee see mouf, a mouf bee bee"

I have no idea what she is talking about. :)

Adorable. :)

Baby sees mouse...a mouse baby?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Unless they were showing Baby Mickey Mouse on the BBC? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

Realising I had left peanuts on top of a press, it's the only way I can stop eating the whole packet is by 'hiding' them..

I threw them back up there, in case anyone is looking for them !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,209 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

4Ad wrote: »
    Realising I had left peanuts on top of a press, it's the only way I can stop eating the whole packet is by 'hiding' them..

I threw them back up there, in case anyone is looking for them !

salted or dry roasted? Though i prefer macadamia nuts myself.

It was very warm on my train coach, I tweeted Irish Rail, they contacted the driver and now Air Con is on!! Win!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I finally got a shiny new laptop :D It's absolute bliss but I did have a few minutes of panic when I tried to log into Boards and couldn't remember my password :o My parrot Ruby is having a strop because I won't let her anywhere near it. Too bad Ruby. You'll get over it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I finally got a shiny new laptop :D

Which reminds me. I need to get one pretty soon as I've been putting it off lately. Aiming for a 2-in-1 with a stylus that can at least suffice for note-taking, and has a battery life of at least 8 hours under web browsing and a few programs open.

And what are the specs of your laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My 6 yr old extremely fussy eater has a big thing for "moustachio" (pistachio) nuts at the moment. So happy she is actually enjoying something I am not even correcting her on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I just posted about craving cake in TA and THly realized my mother is coming in 4 days time to stay at mine for a while :D

:D

:D:D

The original cakemaker :D

4 days though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My almost 40kg dog snuck up the stairs and lay outside my door gently scratching the door til I opened it. He was so gentle I thought there was a mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

My little girl makes me happy. She has such a zest for life that's so infectious. Her sense of fun. The big smile she has plastered on her face nearly all the time makes me happy, proud and grateful all at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

My little girl makes me happy. She has such a zest for life that's so infectious. Her sense of fun. The big smile she has plastered on her face nearly all the time makes me happy, proud and grateful all at the same time.

Could have written this myself! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Got lash extensions for the first time last week and have since had more compliments than I've ever had in my life. Getting serious notions like. I think I might actually be Beyonce?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Happy its Friday

125b6c3ff94edd666b0877f0505f63b0--dear-god-thank-you-god.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Which reminds me. I need to get one pretty soon as I've been putting it off lately. Aiming for a 2-in-1 with a stylus that can at least suffice for note-taking, and has a battery life of at least 8 hours under web browsing and a few programs open.

And what are the specs of your laptop?
    I got it in Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

My dog got into a fit of the zoomies last night and took his frustration out on the hedgehog shaped draft excluder. It was so funny I actually couldn't move from the laughing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I got it in Argos.

Not as high-end as I initially thought, but I hope it goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Went back to work after being out sick the past few days. The kids all started to shout my name and give me lots of hugs. They drew pictures saying they missed me and I got a get well soon card! They're so cute!!!!

It was also a half day. Kids went home early, we did our training and now I'm home and resting for a couple of hours.

Had a much needed nap, I love naps during the day.

I guess you could say you lovethebonesofher :pac:

*gets coat*

Good chat with the work gang after work then caught train home- left at the right time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Two today. One trivial the other momentous . A phonecall from an old work friend to mark 55 years to the day we both started working together.
    The second s a new addition to the family.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Congratulations, Srameen. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am brutal at remembering dates and aniversaries etc. But I have remembered an important 10 year anniversary that is coming up. Have been patting myself on the back all morning and wondering what present I should get to mark the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Have been flattened with a cold type dose the last few days, and couldn't sleep at all. Went home early yesterday, and I don't know was it just the simple fact of giving in and admitting I was sick, or the fact that I just got to the point of exhaustion, but I've just woken up after 17 hours of sleep and I feel like I could take on the world! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,076 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hungover like a dog, 4 hours sleep after 9 hours drinking.. but finally managed to eat a sausage sandwich and it feels like it might just stay down..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement