Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I got a tattoo done a number of years ago that I was never 100% happy with. It had faded a lot too and just looked meh. I got it touched up and corrected recently and oh my God it is like brand new and looks exactly how it is supposed to. I am thrilled, very sore but thrilled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Accidentally

Seeing buds forming on cuttings that I overwintered in sand. Can't believe this **** actually works.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

erica74 wrote: »
    I moved my bedroom around and it looks so lovely. I can't wait to get into bed later. I washed the whole floor when I was moving the bed. We have a super king size bed so it's difficult to clean the whole floor, I usually just do it bit by bit. So I washed the floor, changed the sheets, dusted, moved around the bed, moved a few other small pieces of furniture and now it's so magical.

And I'm going to have a princess shower so I'm going to be all cosy in fresh pjs tonight too.

Dare i ask what a princess shower is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I met up with my friend for a coffee today. We hadn't seen each other in about 2 months so we had a great chat.

Oh another one, the kids in my class know I love cats. A little girl made me a cat out of a toilet roll thing. It's very cute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Stand up to cancer bake off on 4od... I had a rotten day but came home and stuck it on and I am crying laughing here now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Dare i ask what a princess shower is?

You have a shower, shave your legs, wash your hair, maybe do a hair mask and a face mask, then when you are finished in the shower, you put on all your lotions and potions and fresh pjs and then paint your nails - for me, that all falls under the umbrella of my "princess shower".

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

TG1 wrote: »
    Stand up to cancer bake off on 4od... I had a rotten day but came home and stuck it on and I am crying laughing here now!

Excellent shout! Just started it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I thought the washing machine was broken because the clothes were coming out soaked and I've had to hand rinse them all week! Turns out, the spin setting was just turned off. Duh :)

Also a man helped me out earlier by watching the dog for a second while i ran into the shop quickly :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

erica74 wrote: »
    You have a shower, shave your legs, wash your hair, maybe do a hair mask and a face mask, then when you are finished in the shower, you put on all your lotions and potions and fresh pjs and then paint your nails - for me, that all falls under the umbrella of my "princess shower".

Oh yeah, I had one of them this morning :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

NCT gonna refund me the Cancellation charge. Yayyy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The neighbours dog tried to hump my leg. Flattered!

Rice Cake happiness. Popcorn goodness without the bits getting stuck in your Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Finally back on the internet after 6 months; new home and was 5 months without electricity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Graces7 wrote: »
    Finally back on the internet after 6 months; new home and was 5 months without electricity

Welcome back..still knitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Welcome back Graces7, I missed your updates on rural living, hope you are keeping well

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Welcome back..still knitting?

Thank you and yes more than ever! With no electricity and no internet.. always said it was a well channelled nervous twitch;)

I received a Mothers Day card in the post from my God-daughter. Made my day :)

I was TH on my drive home from work. The sun was shining and I was playing 80's music on Spotify. Fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Welcome back Grace! I missed your posts. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The ignore function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The ignore function.

I've never used it...I prefer to see the Muppets
    I'm on a few ignore lists...badge of merit :)

My TA is people who state on thread not to quote "xyz" as they are said persons ignore list ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I bought lights before Christmas and the electrician only got around to fitting them last week. Opened one box and a part of one of them was broken. Anyway thought ohhh crap I'm outside of the 28 days to return or to get a replacement so I rang the company I bought them off looking to buy a replacement part.

It turns out that I cannot buy the part separately (double crap they were a pricey part of an expensive set). But the company I bought them off went to bat for me and the manufacturer is replacing the whole light fitting!

It has made me TH on a very TA day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I know Aldi and Lidl staff work very hard. Before my office drone job I was a hotel porter so carrying stuff and mopping floors is not new to me

The checkout staff are under pressure to get the purchases scanned and transaction completed

My TH is I’m yet to be bested. :cool: I can grab and pack faster than anyone can scan. I view it as a little competition and dammit no way will I be a slow coach at the tills

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I know Aldi and Lidl staff work very hard. Before my office drone job I was a hotel porter so carrying stuff and mopping floors is not new to me

The checkout staff are under pressure to get the purchases scanned and transaction completed

My TH is I’m yet to be bested. :cool: I can grab and pack faster than anyone can scan. I view it as a little competition and dammit no way will I be a slow coach at the tills

I do the same & the odd time I can tell they are not happy I am quicker than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

mikemac2 wrote:
    My TH is I’m yet to be bested. I can grab and pack faster than anyone can scan. I view it as a little competition and dammit no way will I be a slow coach at the tills

I have my card in the reader before they start, gets an extra 12 seconds packing time or so.
    Not that I need it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

TH that I’ve booked flights to Amsterdam for the Easter holidays 😊😊😊

I actually came here to say that I beat the Lidl lady this evening! I had like 7 things, and I had the plastic bag opening opened and ready way back in the queue so I wouldn't be messing around at the top of the Till trying to open the bag! I took out 20 euro and had it in my hand ready to give to her. I was just hoping that another Customer standing in the queue wouldn't hold me up but they didn't! Got to the top of the Till anyway, put each item into me bag and I had the twenty held out in my paw to hand to her lol but her hands were busy! She couldn't take it! She was probably totalling up my Amount or whatever! But yeah I took that as a victorious moment anyway! :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

The people who work with me, they have my best interests at heart and all want to help me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I've been missing soda bread since moving. Sometimes I can get it in Sainsbury's but not always. My missus came home this evening with a ready mix and put it in the oven for me. Freshly baked soda bread with real butter and a cup of milky sweet tea for dinner :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement