Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The bewildered look on the girls' faces as one of my neighbours comment how odd it was they were helping each other put their respective repeal and keep(8th) media into their cars. Like it never dawned on them NOT to help the other or be at odds over it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Bredabe wrote:
    The bewildered look on the girls' faces as one of my neighbours comment how odd it was they were helping each other put their respective repeal and keep(8th) media into their cars. Like it never dawned on them NOT to help the other or be at odds over it.

Is this not a perfect example of respecting others opinions.

Why fall out over differing views?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Seeing someone running for the bus and looking like they'll never make it but they actually do. That always makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Spotify. How did I never get around to using Spotify until now?
    Total game changer and smile maker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Ireland 37-27 Wales

BUT THATS NOT TRIVIAL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Is this not a perfect example of respecting others opinions.

Why fall out over differing views?
    The people at the top like it that way; the divide and conquer strategy.
    It's being pushed like mad in America lately, everyone in opposing camps and no middle ground or compromise.

Anyway- when you have to wait ages to pee, and then when you finally let fly, oh what sweet relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

The weather forum when there's snow on the way and it becomes busier than AH. I particularly love it when someone suggests that maybe the weather might not be as bad (or good, if massive disruption is what you're into) as forecast, and everyone starts laying into them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking at pictures of my little niece, she's one beautiful baby :):o.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Just took off my makeup and made my face all clean and lovely. Feel like an actual princess right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Try_harder wrote: »
    Ireland 37-27 Wales

BUT THATS NOT TRIVIAL
    It's no more trivial than Scotland 25-13 England. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This gif

a0087ff5jw1dyuemdkwphg.gif?w=490

:3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

In bed listening to my wife and cat snoring next to me :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This gif

a0087ff5jw1dyuemdkwphg.gif?w=490

:3

The glasses don't fool me, that's Fugitive Business Cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Coming first in a table quiz last night

Avocado on toast for breakfast, fecking gorgeous!
    New Home wrote: »
    The glasses don't fool me, that's Fugitive Business Cat!

What gave it away? :3

Won €9 on a €1 scratchcard this morning
    Now won €20 on a €2!
    Can you pay off your CC bill with scratchcards? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Went for a wander to see if the pharmacy near my parents house had a blogger conditioner I’ve been thinking of trying.
    They didn’t but the opticians next door had half price Gucci sunnies so I suppose yay for impulse buying. They’ll look great in the snow next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

branie2 wrote:

Username should be brainie 2

branie2 wrote: »
    Well done. What did you win?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Being asked for ID in your thirties :)

• Advertisement

Oh lazy Sunday how I doth love thee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

One week of healthy eating down. I’ve had the diet of a toddler in a sweet shop the last while so I’ve had to wrestle with myself to not skip breakfast and eat ice cream for dinner pretty much every day this week. Honestly I’ve been like a junkie coming off crack, a shaking mess. But i feel like a rock star and the meal prep is actually empowering now.

Ireland Won :D
    England Lost ☺️
    Arsenal Lost :(
    If you had offered me that Friday - I’d have taken your hand off - 2 outta 3 ain’t bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

A restaurant I go to has 2 cats in the smoking room. The tabby cat was so scared when it first arrived and it hissed and ran away from me. Today when I went out and called it, it ran straight to me and it was purring when I rubbed it's head. So cute.

Cats make me so happy. I wish I could see my babies but I never will, so seeing random cats around will have to do for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Asked for ID in Aldi yesterday. I'm pushing 40 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Behold this beautiful cushion I got myself in TKMaxx in an incredible stroke of luck ! Makes me very TH.

I love the design, it fits perfectly on my Granny chair (better for your back yaknow), aaaand it's filled with feather, not polysomething, so I can fluff it back into perfect shape after use.

I was going to get myself a cheap one in Penneys, never thinking that actually, feather is the business for living room cushions, since it doesn't just get squashed out of shape forever. It's worth the higher price and I'll be getting more.
    The brand is Voyage Maison, and their other designs are gorgeous too, methinks I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for them in TKMaxx from now on.

KatW4 wrote: »

Cats make me so happy.

I agree with this, they bring me a lot of joy too :D, the local cats around here aren't all that friendly except for a ginger fella but I rarely see him these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have no meetings and no work to do. Twiddling thumbs is a nice change!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Being high as fuk on some prescribed morphine.

Weeeeeeeee!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Grandchildren on a sleepover. Such craic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement