Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Maru and his sled make me happy :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Maru and his sled make me happy :3

Haven't seen this guy in a while.

Never saw that one - brilliant :D Such a Cool Kitty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭blade1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    He came around the bend at the end like an Olympian! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

My OH has been stuck away from home for a week because of the snow. He finally made it home today \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I've booked a tour of the Roman Baths in Bath next week and a torchlit dinner for myself and the missus, can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Preparing 30 day old striploin for dinner... child loves her steak...and rare like me
    Room temperature for.the last hour...now seasoning ...2.5 mins in the pan each side..and bang...a meal fit for a queen :)

Feet up chilling. Work have left it to our discretion as to whether we travel to work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Not trivial at the time at all, but was driving serious back roads in Wexford today in my small engined car to get to a friend's house so I can get into work tomorrow.
    I pulled in to let a 4x4 past as I was doing about 2 km an hour, and as he pulled past he rolled down the window and said to stick in behind him and he would warn me if I was going to get stuck. He went out of his way to get me to the main Gorey road, and even cleared tracks in places.
    So so thankful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This might sound like I'm trying to blow my own trumpet. I'm not.

Texted an elderly neighbour each of the last few days asking her if she was Ok and wanted anything or wanted me to call in for a chat. She didn't, she was fine.

Today, the doorbell rang, she was outside with a plate of fresh scones as a thank you. TH that what goes around comes around. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I've booked a tour of the Roman Baths in Bath next week and a torchlit dinner for myself and the missus, can't wait!

LadyMacBath! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This video, trying to get kitten to stay in one place for a photo :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's like herding cats! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Remembering to turn on my electric blanket an hour before bedtime

Seeing lots of doggos absolutely loving the snow the last few days :D Fantastic creatures!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I’m a big fan of John B Keane plays in the Gaeity

Must be the culchie farmer background in me :cool: Well his plays are in rural Ireland n’all

Was humming & hawing would I pay €35 to see Sive and didn’t book it.

Was cleaning my room and found a €50 Ticketmaster voucher I got late last year, tickets booked!!

My Thursday show was cancelled due to the sneachta and the play ended on Saturday but they had to put on a final Sunday show for us

Was amazing!! I’d never seen it or knew the story and was entertained throughout. Great acting by all. Everyone in the bar, walking down the stairs and standing outside praised it

I read some reviews this evening by “critics” from the Irish Times and Irish Independant and they were nasty. They can feck off, the paying attendees gave a standing ovation and are more important than critics

My TH are plays in the gaeity. Seen four and each one was great

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

mikemac2 wrote: »
    My Thursday show was cancelled due to the sneachta and the play ended on Saturday but they had to put on a final Sunday show for us

Was amazing!! I’d never seen it or knew the story and was entertained throughout. Great acting by all. Everyone in the bar, walking down the stairs and standing outside praised it

I read some reviews this evening by “critics” from the Irish Times and Irish Independant and they were nasty. They can feck off, the paying attendees gave a standing ovation and are more important than critics

My TH are plays in the gaeity. Seen four and each one was great

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it also. Loved the set!
    Was surprised at how good Tommy Tiernan was but the role he played could have been written for him in fairness.

With respect to the critics, I think I read the one from the Independent. They had a word missing from the headline which was ironic when they were giving out about it. It read:
    Yes, this is a masterly play, but this not a great production.

Get your own house in order before calling out someone else for poor quality lads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm just glad I live in an urban area in times like these. I've lived in very rural places before but imagine being stuck for days in the snow with no beer or bread? No thanks.

Ahh but imagine in spring and summer the feeling when you step out with a warm mug of coffee to enjoy the dawn chorus, free from traffic and people sounds ? Or the pitch dark sky, with the milky way clearly on display, and satellites or falling stars like the sky's own busy bees ?
    Or the silence when you want to sleep?
    The prospect of these makes me very Nappy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I actually can't wait to go back to work tomorrow. I've been out so much recently because I was sick and then because of the snow. We are going to talk/write/draw about the snow all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Ahh but imagine in spring and summer the feeling when you step out with a warm mug of coffee to enjoy the dawn chorus, free from traffic and people sounds ? Or the pitch dark sky, with the milky way clearly on display, and satellites or falling stars like the sky's own busy bees ?
    Or the silence when you want to sleep?
    The prospect of these makes me very Nappy

Happy in your nappy? :D
    Yeah I get that too, I kind of meant just under recent circumstance.

Damn autocorrect, there goes my lyrical cred !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭gifted

Airports...my perfect job would be working in an airport....love being in them...I must be the only happy person when my flight is delayed.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

A text from my Dad:

"Hi Bambi. I see that Easter eggs have been in the shops for a few weeks now but not sold out yet. I suppose you wouldn't be interested in those now. Dad"

I told him I'll have a malteasers one.

I'm 32.

TH : I'm away from home for a few nights. Ahhh the luxury.
    No chores. No kids. No cooking no lunches no uniforms no taxi-ing no questions no interruptions no laundry...

... the respite will be short, but by jolly it is good.

Also, I got myself a hydrating avocado sheet mask (1.50, Supervalu), and a Radox 12h scent touch body wash. Obligatory luxury for days I'm away. Have another mask for tomorrow evening too !

The body wash is crap, don't buy it. It claims that if you rub yourself (ttskk not like that) for the next 12 hours (well yswim) the "long lasting fragrance pearls" will activate and you'll smell great, meh. I must have looked like an idiot rubbing and smelling my forearm earlier.

I saw the Neighbourhood friendly ginger cat this morning on my way into my course, perched on his window sill :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Freedom! After digging snow out of the lane for two hours this morning I could finally drive the car to the road. Years of digging the garden stood to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Have a day-off on Thursday and for once, a non-uniform day on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

madmaggie wrote: »
    Freedom! After digging snow out of the lane for two hours this morning I could finally drive the car to the road. Years of digging the garden stood to me!

Free at last here too ! Was out today after a full week indoors . So happy !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hair cut :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I moved my bedroom around and it looks so lovely. I can't wait to get into bed later. I washed the whole floor when I was moving the bed. We have a super king size bed so it's difficult to clean the whole floor, I usually just do it bit by bit. So I washed the floor, changed the sheets, dusted, moved around the bed, moved a few other small pieces of furniture and now it's so magical.

And I'm going to have a princess shower so I'm going to be all cosy in fresh pjs tonight too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement