Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This gif

catnip-hell-of-a-drug.gif

:D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Well done. What did you win?

A bottle of wine and a box of chocolates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A cheese baguette and an ice-cold can of Coke :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

far from trivial but working on a manuscript for years and typing the end on a first draft. Yesss!! *jumps up and down*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

*jumps up and down*

*knocks cup of coffee all over manuscript*

*has to start again*

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Pac1Man wrote: »

*has to start again*

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,207 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pac1Man wrote: »

*has to start again*

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I got my lung function checked today and it hasn't dropped any further. I've lost a bit recently but it's starting to stabilise at 54% :D

Also got a plan in place to tackle my health, it means more treatment and antibiotics and nebulisers but hopefully it will make a difference :)

The staff at my new CF clinic are all really lovely too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I got my lung function checked today and it hasn't dropped any further. I've lost a bit recently but it's starting to stabilise at 54% :D

Also got a plan in place to tackle my health, it means more treatment and antibiotics and nebulisers but hopefully it will make a difference :)

The staff at my new CF clinic are all really lovely too!

Delighted you got on well and are now 'in the system' in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There's a lad who lives in an apartment across the way from mine, and he spends hours on his balcony, with a cup and ball, endlessly trying to get the ball into the cup.

Over the past two years of watching him from time to time, I've noticed that he's started adding in some tricks. He tries to spin the cup in the air, catch it, and then locate the ball. Albeit with awfully limited success. He has even gone further, despite not mastering the previous bit, and tried to spin the cup, bounce it off his elbow, catch it, then catch the ball. Again, we're looking at a staggering fail rate.

This morning, he is camped outside on his balcony with the snow falling around him. Ciggy in mouth, skiing jacket on, and a look of grim determination on his face as his frozen hands grip onto the wooden cup and ball.

I'm getting a blanket, lying on the couch, and watching this for the next while. I think it's going to be a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,098 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I love Whatsapp and technology .! Far from smartphones I was reared but I love mine ! Just got a video of my little granddaughter rolling around in her first real snow experience and its fab to be able to see it .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

One of the neighbours is outside shovelling snow off all the footpaths and entrances to people's houses. He's delighted with himself.
    I think he's even more delighted that the investment in that snow shovel is finally paying off :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Being sent home at one, no class tomorrow and maybe not Friday either.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Boom_Bap wrote:
    One of the neighbours is outside shovelling snow off all the footpaths and entrances to people's houses. He's delighted with himself. I think he's even more delighted that the investment in that snow shovel is finally paying off

Our neighbour shovelled all of the snow from our garden path too. So sweet! The same man brings around our bins too while we are at work. Such a kind person.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

KatW4 wrote: »
    Our neighbour shovelled all of the snow from our garden path too. So sweet! The same man brings around our bins too while we are at work. Such a kind person.

Deadly isn't it!

I'm getting out there later and shovelling so I can be that guy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    One of the neighbours is outside shovelling snow off all the footpaths and entrances to people's houses. He's delighted with himself.
    I think he's even more delighted that the investment in that snow shovel is finally paying off :)

I think I'll be doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I was snowed in with a few smallies in 2010 after that I stockpiled kitty litter, shoe clamps, salt, and antifreeze.
    When I moved was told to ditch them as the weather doesn't get so bad here, mmmm, who's glad of those things NOW?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This picture :D :pac:

beautiful-and-wonderful-admire-vou-oh-stop-it-you-continue-22087405.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

This picture

Brilliant! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Cut up an apple and put it out for the birds, locked the cat in and the garden is now full of blackbirds having a party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A steaming hot chocolate with a marshmallow in it on a cold day like this.

Knex. wrote: »
    There's a lad who lives in an apartment across the way from mine, and he spends hours on his balcony, with a cup and ball, endlessly trying to get the ball into the cup.

Over the past two years of watching him from time to time, I've noticed that he's started adding in some tricks. He tries to spin the cup in the air, catch it, and then locate the ball. Albeit with awfully limited success. He has even gone further, despite not mastering the previous bit, and tried to spin the cup, bounce it off his elbow, catch it, then catch the ball. Again, we're looking at a staggering fail rate.

This morning, he is camped outside on his balcony with the snow falling around him. Ciggy in mouth, skiing jacket on, and a look of grim determination on his face as his frozen hands grip onto the wooden cup and ball.

I'm getting a blanket, lying on the couch, and watching this for the next while. I think it's going to be a good one.

I love everything about this post, Knex.

TH that I'm rooting for Knex's neighbour to succeed where before he's failed. It can be an inspiration to all of us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My mum bought bread because she thought it was funny that everyone was going mad over bread this week and she wanted to join in. So I took full advantage of it and made a sausage sandwich. Yum!

Walking home I saw a tabby kitty run under a of tree, they were peeking out at me and then started kneading the snow :3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Aldi was almost all out of bread today ... except for rye bread, which (a) I like a lot, since I was turned on to it by friends in in Denmark, (b) lasts a long time if stored in a sealed container, and (c) is fairly cheap. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭blade1

2mnkqhl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Eating Chinese for dinner...well.... technically...I'm eating 2... but who's counting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,098 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A big bright moon shining on white snow and a strange stillness around the place . Beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I live down a lane and can't get out to the road. Three different neighbours phoned today asking if I was ok. Good people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement